Wiki Posts
Search

Northern Ky Off Road Track

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Northern Ky Off Road Track

Trying to get some feelers on an outdoor off road track in the Northern KY area (Walton). I see several tracks in the Wilmington OH, and Louisville, KY area so my concern is the area does not have enough racers to sustain the number of tracks.

May also have a dirt oval along with the off road track.

I was going to speak with a couple of the local shops to gauge interest and to see if they may sponsor the track or even be interested in setting up at the track on race days.

I don't want to spend the money to build the track and race myself.

Maybe someone that is more familiar with the R/C scene around the area o even tried to open their own track?

Just looking for opinions at this point.

Last edited by jobronie; 02-28-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

The closest outdoor track is up in Wilmington. BUT, Go Fast is in Batavia, and does 1/8th scale. I drive to Rockfield in Sharonville most Sundays, and it is about an hour away, which is what this would be.Unless your are closer to the main part of the metro area, I don't see it being too good of a draw.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

build it and they will come.
I live in the delhi area and would check your place out for sure
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would check it out.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Track

I own Rockfield Adventures and you have to build it for you to race on it. That is what I did at first. You have to love racing and even running the equipment and working. Feel free to contact me. I would help you with scoring system if you needed one. It can't be about making money because in this area there isn't any. Out west tracks are profitable because of numbers of drivers, weather and they charge a lot more. I never want to mess with someone's dreams so just my opinion from here. I have talked to others in the business and they didn't listen. Low overhead is key.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a farm off rt 27 (Warsaw Exit ) I think it would be worth looking into. You would draw from Cin,Lex and Lou for sure. It is only a 35-45 minute drive from Cin (east side for us ) . Good luck an hopefully we have another track to race on.