Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Sounds good, Mario. We might have another TC guy or two from Dirt Runners as well as the two 1/12 guys who are coming. I can't wait to try out the 13.5 in the TC and the new 12R5. It's gonna be fun.

Tim
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hey

To all the Turkeys I race with....Keep your heads and have a happy one.Burp!
Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mario: YGPM
Old 11-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tooooo Much Drama..

One thing that I've noticed since I started racing at Marshall's is the inability for racers to make a decision and stick to it. Rules always get changed " sometimes minutes before a race" (Some of you know exactly what im talking about). Some racers like to adhere to rules that better suite themselves. The one thing that is always constant at Marshall's is the ongoing bickering, crying and whinning. Besides those three constant situations everything else is a crap shoot. I am all for Equality. To be totally equal in a race you must use the same motor. For example: SnowBird's National Event in Florida hands out motors for their respective races. This is the only way to take the motors out of the equation. Then they go a next step further making racers use the same tires. These are all methods imposed on drivers at the races to keep things fair. Running Brushless motors against Brushed motors is NOT equal. The reasons behind Roar and other associations promoting and allowing brushless motors to compete against brushed is all politics. These 2 motors are by no means EQUAL. They might be somewhat close but not close enough. These 2 motors have very different characteristics. One quick and simple example is gearing of these 2 motors. Brushless motors require atleast double the spurgear size to reach similar rollout. That alone speaks for how different these motors operate. I don't feel like getting into a physics or electrical engineering debate on here..... I am for running them seperately.
The real reason people are buying these brushless setups is because of the way they are marketed. They are portrayed to be faster, more efficient, less maintenance and finally more cost effective than Brushed......From this simple piece of advertising How can you truly believe these 2 motors are equal. They don't generate the same power, rpm's or draw the same amperage. Everyone is looking to be the fastest and win the most races...If you say noooooooo not me...You are Full of Shit! It wouldn't be racing otherwise.

For everyone who thinks they are still 100% equal...Have some common sense to doubt what other people tell you are facts..........Do some of your own research.....(yes go the the library and find all the info you can on DC motors) Take Physics 101 and Electrical engineering...... and last but not least "May the Force be with you!"
Old 11-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topdogli22
One thing that I've noticed since I started racing at Marshall's is the inability for racers to make a decision and stick to it. Rules always get changed " sometimes minutes before a race" (Some of you know exactly what im talking about). Some racers like to adhere to rules that better suite themselves. The one thing that is always constant at Marshall's is the ongoing bickering, crying and whinning. Besides those three constant situations everything else is a crap shoot. I am all for Equality. To be totally equal in a race you must use the same motor. For example: SnowBird's National Event in Florida hands out motors for their respective races. This is the only way to take the motors out of the equation. Then they go a next step further making racers use the same tires. These are all methods imposed on drivers at the races to keep things fair. Running Brushless motors against Brushed motors is NOT equal. The reasons behind Roar and other associations promoting and allowing brushless motors to compete against brushed is all politics. These 2 motors are by no means EQUAL. They might be somewhat close but not close enough. These 2 motors have very different characteristics. One quick and simple example is gearing of these 2 motors. Brushless motors require atleast double the spurgear size to reach similar rollout. That alone speaks for how different these motors operate. I don't feel like getting into a physics or electrical engineering debate on here..... I am for running them seperately.
The real reason people are buying these brushless setups is because of the way they are marketed. They are portrayed to be faster, more efficient, less maintenance and finally more cost effective than Brushed......From this simple piece of advertising How can you truly believe these 2 motors are equal. They don't generate the same power, rpm's or draw the same amperage. Everyone is looking to be the fastest and win the most races...If you say noooooooo not me...You are Full of Shit! It wouldn't be racing otherwise.

For everyone who thinks they are still 100% equal...Have some common sense to doubt what other people tell you are facts..........Do some of your own research.....(yes go the the library and find all the info you can on DC motors) Take Physics 101 and Electrical engineering...... and last but not least "May the Force be with you!"
BLAH...BLAH...BLAH
Old 11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would agree with u theo, but only at a race were more people show up. At marshalls if u split up brushed and brushless there would be like 3 or 4 people in a class. now is that more fun than racing with a large number?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
BLAH...BLAH...BLAH
Sorry if that was a little over your head....
Old 11-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by topdogli22
Sorry if that was a little over your head....
Now thats funny!!!Theo,I'm agreeing to ma point....My opinion???For what it's worth...the brushed are faster.In the right hands....Now driving....Thats another thing..I believe they are close enuff that driving becomes a big part of the equation.Talk more on sunday.M
Old 11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XRAY BUGGYRACER
i would agree with u theo, but only at a race were more people show up. At marshalls if u split up brushed and brushless there would be like 3 or 4 people in a class. now is that more fun than racing with a large number?
You are absolutely right! There are not enough racers at Marshall's to begin with..........What happens is that some people give in totally and go brushless..Other people try and stick it out with brushed for various reasons...what eventually happens is most people get fed up with the BS and just stop racing...So who wins? Nobody! I would rather race against 3-4 cars that are closely matched than pushing the limits of a brushed motor to compete with the brushless at marshall's.. Nobody likes to smoke motors for the hell of it...well maybe Mario...lol..j/k
Old 11-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Heeeyyyyyy..easy there buddy!!I DON'T smoke motors for the hell of it!I smoke em because I like It!!!!!M
Old 11-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

hey does anyone have any t4 wheels laying around
Old 11-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
hey does anyone have any t4 wheels laying around
Nice one Alex....we got a real good argument going here and you gotta ruin it by talking serious...Good going.I'll check.M
Old 11-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can relate to what Theo is saying, but, at the same time, I think we're heading in the right direction as far as making everything as equal as possible goes. I think it's just a case of working out the "early-season-bugs".

I should be able to form a better opinion after a day of running with the 13.5 tomorrow.

Theo: I forgot to ask you... Did you try softer compound tires last weekend? If so, did you have more grip? I have a brand new set of 4 Jaco Prism 2x Pinks if you're interested.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

JUST WAIT A GOLDANG MINUTE HERE.....I THOUGHT WE AGREED ON SILVER CAN MOTORS?????YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING THEM THAR BRUSHYLESS THINGS??????WHAT THE HELK IS THAT ALL ABOUT...????NO WONDER YOU'S IS SO FAST!:sneaky :RUNNING 13.5,19Tbrushed in both foam and rubber.Oh,17.5 in rubber.except I only got 19t's.See all tomorry.M
Old 11-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Mario,
What rollout did you end up using with your 13.5 last week? I was planning on starting out at 42.5mm and going from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.