Wiki Posts
Search

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALF420
2010 nitor challenge track is cool I my self don't like a 6 or 12 pack in the front stretch thats just me.

To build that track "SOME" guys don't have no ideal how many loads of dirt is in that track + Time & Hard Work i don't even want to do the math on that each load of clay $100 -$150per truck. were talking BIG BUCKS

G always has gave us a GREAT track and I'm sure he will do the same this year no matter what he decides to do with it or to it keep up the GOOD WORK G & FAMILY

Not being disrespectful just being HONEST & TELLING IT how Alf see its
Agreed. For a track like that, it's going to require a LOT of dirt and a lot of space. I wasn't necessarily suggesting the whole track but JD had mentioned the 12 pack earlier. Main point of that video. I think 12 is too much. Although intense rhythm sections would be definitely something cool to include. Sections that make the racer think. You mess up one jump, and it can completely throw your rhythm.

I can't wait to see what G comes up with for sure.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Agreed. For a track like that, it's going to require a LOT of dirt and a lot of space. I wasn't necessarily suggesting the whole track but JD had mentioned the 12 pack earlier. Main point of that video. I think 12 is too much. Although intense rhythm sections would be definitely something cool to include. Sections that make the racer think. You mess up one jump, and it can completely throw your rhythm.

Rhythm Sections are Bad A$$ I like them but not in "MY" front stretch I do think there room for one at ALL tracks but not the front stretch I would rather have a finish line jump or nothing in the front stretch.

(I THINK) Maybe wrong but when building a track you have too keep the NEWBIE in mind there a lot of Novice racers "and thats a good thing" so if you build to wild instead of Mild / middle ground it might turn "some" away and Small local tracks needs more racers not less.

Alf been WRONG before and might be wrong about this just my 2cents hope I didn't offend ANYONE
Old 02-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)
Thumbs up 2011 RACE SEASON

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to all Racers & Track owners this 2011 Race Season.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 02-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to all Racers & Track owners this 2011 Race Season.

GOD BLESS US ALL
YES SIR !!!!!

G Man have a GREAT Year hope to get up there for some sct racing this year
Old 02-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up WE WILL FIND OUT COME RACE SEASON....

Originally Posted by Tyler350

THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS, PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN THAT THE TRACK IS TOO HARD. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.
I AM NOT SURE WHAT G HAS IN MIND, BUT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN LAST YEAR. SHOULD BE FUN.
ROBIN
Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kshreders
YES SIR !!!!!

G Man have a GREAT Year hope to get up there for some sct racing this year
HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. ROBIN
Old 02-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
No Problem Alf.. They are ordered and I will keep u posted. Hey folks I have the Stronghold and the Rockstar XXXSCT RTR in stock so if u are looking for one, I have them on cash sale. Also I am looking for some testers... I have a couple of TQ Racing RTR Short Course Trucks on the way and am will to sell for an awesome price to individuals willing to supply feedback on parts durability and quality to help me to decide if I want to keep these in stock... If you are interested please call or stop by for further information.
*******THE TQ'S HAVE ARRIVED AND ARE ON SALE!!******2/12/2011
Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Wink AGREED*****

GOD BLESS US ALL
I WILL SECOND THAT TO EVERYONE!! LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT RACE SEASON FOR US ALL!! ROBIN
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

(I THINK) Maybe wrong but when building a track you have too keep the NEWBIE in mind there a lot of Novice racers "and thats a good thing" so if you build to wild instead of Mild / middle ground it might turn "some" away and Small local tracks needs more racers not less.

Alf been WRONG before and might be wrong about this just my 2cents hope I didn't offend ANYONE
While I do agree there are newbie racers that need to be thought about to an extent you also need to understand that the majority of the racers aren't. Last year was my first year back after a 4 years. Before then I only raced 2 years, with the last 6 months of that with a " race" machine. Monster truck is what I ran up until then. My point being even as a newbie last year I was always thinking of the wow factor of some of these cali type tracks you see in videos and pics wishing we had something like that around here to run on.

I am not saying build something totally off the wall, but the mild factor will also deter the "vetran" racers from coming. Just like the movie field of dreams. If you build it they will come. Word of mouth is an asset in the rc world. If people talk about how awsome a track is, people will come to check it out. And if they like, they will tell there friends, and so on, and so on. For example. I've heard how awsome lcrc is to run on. This makes me want to atleast make it up there once this year to try it out for myself. You always hear about tiltyard, I would love to get down there once this year also. But if a track is to mild, it won't excite people about coming to check it out. People that have ran at G's before already know, and the ones that haven't, that there are no nicer people that run a track than the G fam. C'mon, what other track feeds ya, and makes you feel like family when your there.

I'm sure G has some good ideas like he said based on things he has saw in older cali tracks. And I am sure he has taken into consideration what everyone has been inputting. And to all those that are wanting something a little bigger and badder this year remember to pull something like this off by yourself is almost impossible. So to all those who want this, get out and lend a hand building this thing. Remember your input while building would be taken in higher regard then just sitting on your bum at home typing about it. I myself will will lend a hand whenever I can.
Just my 2 cents. C'mon spring.

P.S.- This wasn't an attack alf, just a rebuttel.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2011 Schedule

There will be special races like we held in the past but they are not set yet... waiting for commitment from sponsors...check back for updates.
Practice begins @ 9am, Registration 9am-10:30 am, Racing begins @ 11 am
April 10, 2011 Practice / Race
April 17, 2011 Exhibition Race
April 23, 2011 CASH Race
April 24, 2011 Exhibition Race
May 1, 2011 Exhibition Race
May 7, 2011 CASH RACE
May 8, 2011 Mother's Day Exhibtion Race...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
May 15, 2011 First Points Series Race
May 21, 2011 CASH Race
May 22, 2011 Exhibition Race
May 29 or 30, 2011 Memorial Day Race NOT SET IN STONE
June 4, 2011 CASH Race
June 5, 2011 Exhibition Race
June 12 2011 Second Points Series Race
June 18, 2011 CASH Race
June 19, 2011 Father's Day Race... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
June 26, 2011 Third Points Series Race
July 2, 2011 CASH RACE
July 3, 2011 INDEPENDENCE WEEKEND Exhibition Race
July 10, 2011 Fourth Points Series Race / Summer Flea R/C Flea Market
July 16, 2011 CASH RACE
July 17, 2011 Exhibition Race
July 24, 2011 Fifth Points Series Race
July 30, 2011 CASH RACE
July 31, 2011 Exhibition Race
August 7, 2011 Sixth Points Series Race
August 13, 2011 CASH Race
August 14, 2011 Exhibition Race
August 21, 2011 Seventh Points Series Race
August 27, 2011 CASH Race
August 28, 2011 Exhibition Race
September 4, 2011 Eighth Points Series Race
September 10, 2011 CASH Race
September 11, 2011 Exhibition Race
September 18, 2011 Ninth Points Series Race
September 24, 2011 CASH Race
September 25, 2011 Exhibition Race
October 2, 2011 Tenth Points Series Race
October 8, 2011 CASH Race / Fall R/C Flea Market
October 9, 2011 Exhibition Race
October 16, 2011 Eleventh and LAST Points Series Race
October 22, 2011 CASH Race
October 23, 2011 Exhibition Race
October 30, 2011 POINTS SERIES RESULTS / AWARDS / Exhibition Race / Halloween CONTEST and G's Birthday Celebration... BRING A GIFT (hint $$$$) haha
EXHIBITION RACING EVERY SUNDAY STARTING NOVEMBER 6, 2010 With a minimal turn out, and if the weather permits and there is an interest we will have a CASH Race on November 5.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2011

Man I love the idea of some cash races, should bring more people to the track not only on those days but other just for good practice. But looking at that calender, holly s**t might be a little over the top. G remeber there is life away from the track, you have to leave once in awhile. Best of luck what ever you decide cant wait for spring. post a day for track help I ll be glad to come help.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRADLER
Man I love the idea of some cash races, should bring more people to the track not only on those days but other just for good practice. But looking at that calender, holly s**t might be a little over the top. G remeber there is life away from the track, you have to leave once in awhile. Best of luck what ever you decide cant wait for spring. post a day for track help I ll be glad to come help.
THANKS FOR THE OFFER TO HELP. ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. WE WILL STAY IN TOUCH.
YEP, YOU'RE RIGHT,,,THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE THE SHOP. IT IS CALLED ANOTHER FULL TIME JOB. AFTER HE WORKS 4/10 HR DAYS AT WORK, THEN THE SHOP ON FRIDAY, SAT, & SUNDAY, THERE ISN'T TIME FOR ANYTHING ELSE. HE HAS TO WORK TO KEEP THIS PLACE AFLOAT. THE MAINTAINENCE ON THE TRACK AND VEHICLES IS LIKE WORKING 2 MORE FULL TIME JOBS. YOU FORGET---HE HAS TO MAKE ENOUGH TO GET THROUGH NOV, DEC, JAN, FEB & MARCH BILLS, WHICH IS TOUGH WHEN THE MORTGAGE IS SO MUCH. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. ROBIN
Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default My 2 cents on track design

I've been racing on and off for almost 20 years! Yes. I know I'm old! It's been my experience that nearly all racers like a track that flows. One that a rythum can be found on. Having technical sections and huge gaps can be fun, but also can be marshalling nightmares!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

G take a look at this jump , maybe we can have something like this , lol.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

G take a look at this jump , maybe we can have something like this , lol.
You would have buy a new chassis every race though when you overshoot the downside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.