Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Monkey in Irving???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

As a beginners point of view, it's hard to line up next to a class full of experts that claim to be novice drivers. In racing, folks at least want to feel like they are able to compete. Maybe more beginner classes could be created? If there aren't enuff drivers, run split class races. Just a thought.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Seems like Mikes always has a novice class... We would do our best to separate new guys from the regulars, when we had enough people to for it to matter.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Speedmonkey was an amazing place to race! I loved it! But in regards to not needing a business plan, I think the owner summed it up.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Monkey in Irving???-1897839_733549833344420_1126940933_n.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow! Speed monkey closing is horrible for the DFW area. As awesome as Mikes Hobby shop is, I think Speed Monkey was just crazy fun. I don't race as I am NO where near good enough, but I enjoy going to the track and spending time busting out some laps. With Mike's going into hiatus, and SM closing, the only place to run anything is indy....not that its a bad thing. I really enjoy the outdoor tracks. Hopefully another track will open up???????
Old 05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Mike obviously cares about giving us a good place to run outside, but his future is in the hands of the lawyers and texdot right now... New layout a mikes is fun. Check it out if you get a chance.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Wow!! I think you took what I was saying totally wrong Billy. I was in no way trying to kick them when they were down. I was merely stating an opinion. Maybe I could have worded it a little different.

I came over to Speedy Monkey several times to race and almost every time the race didn't make because everyone left when it was time to pay. It beat all I seen. After the 3rd time it wasn't worth the drive and not knowing if the race was even going to happen. The times I was there everyone was very cool to me. I really do hate that they closed the doors. I can fully see it wasn't from lack of trying. It was a sad day when they closed up.

As far as Mike's goes I have asked more times than I can count about racing outside and there was never any interest. I have been here 1 1/2 years and never seen one 1/8 the scale race there. Only practice. Racing is nice inside but I would much rather race outside. That's what I'm use to back home. We don't have that luxury of indoor tracks.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

It's all good man... Like I said, hypersensitive...
Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wow....look at all this $hit talking about monkey...I close the place and ppl still can't stop kicking me while I'm down.

good 'ole Dallas RC drama.
That's why RC is will die in Dallas....from all the lovely ppl killing it.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sepukku
wow....look at all this $hit talking about monkey...I close the place and ppl still can't stop kicking me while I'm down.

good 'ole Dallas RC drama.
That's why RC is will die in Dallas....from all the lovely ppl killing it.
Not really a positive attitude to have where most of the comments have been positive.

It really is a shame you guys closed but in the end you as the business owner are responsible for what happened. I know I reached out to you and billy about helping get your name out there more though having a website, setting up some on-road racing on the go-kart track, etc and never seemed like you were interested in generating interest.

I did run out there a few times and the track was always fantastic, pit areas were nice, and you were in a good centrally located piece of land as well.

Drama exists where you want to create it.

If you don't mind me asking, what went wrong in your opinion?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Not really a positive attitude to have where most of the comments have been positive.

It really is a shame you guys closed but in the end you as the business owner are responsible for what happened. I know I reached out to you and billy about helping get your name out there more though having a website, setting up some on-road racing on the go-kart track, etc and never seemed like you were interested in generating interest.

I did run out there a few times and the track was always fantastic, pit areas were nice, and you were in a good centrally located piece of land as well.

Drama exists where you want to create it.

If you don't mind me asking, what went wrong in your opinion?
This is retarded....and typical Dallas attitude.
Let it all go.....we closed.....the end.

Never blamed anyone else for our misfortune.
And if I knew what went wrong...we probably wouldn't have closed.

Maybe I should have handed you and all the other 'know it alls' my money and my imperfect business plan to run the place.....then maybe it would have survived since you all have the answers.

Thank you for pointing out that it was 'my' responsibility that the place closed. I had no idea.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I don't think I ever said I had all the answers and it really is sad for the area to lose a facility like you guys created.

As far as the "typical dallas attitude" I'm not sure what you are referring to but {shrug}.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 05-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Not really trying to hijack this thread, but with the loss of Speed Monkey to DFW we need to redouble any effort to keep the doors open at Mikes.

So, what can be done? Well the simple thing to ask is to just show up. Go to practice on the track, Go visit the shop, Go and race. It is not just about spending the money but also keeping the place busy.

It is bad enough that one fine place was allowed to die, I am not sure what will happen to the hobby if we keep losing tracks.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton
Not really trying to hijack this thread, but with the loss of Speed Monkey to DFW we need to redouble any effort to keep the doors open at Mikes.

So, what can be done? Well the simple thing to ask is to just show up. Go to practice on the track, Go visit the shop, Go and race. It is not just about spending the money but also keeping the place busy.

It is bad enough that one fine place was allowed to die, I am not sure what will happen to the hobby if we keep losing tracks.

I agree with this. I'm moving to Dallas next month and have really looking forward to living in a city with several nice tracks. Don't let a good thing die guys!!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default something new

Well guys i tired something new RC DRAG RACING. ...and i love it....around 70 to 80 driver everytime i go race .The next big race is may 24 at hobbytown usa in Hurst ...u can run any type of rc cars.... GOOGLE RCDRL. ...CHECK IT OUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.