Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Spring Fling 2014 - Big Mike's LHS in Longview TX - ETex Bash Kings

Old 04-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you have a functional rc of any type, bring it, and drive it. There will briefly be a place in our rural area to run any type of rc car/truck. Don't expect big city track quality though. Event will take place on paved asphalt. Parts will break. Should be some epic smashes and miraculous saves in the long jump competition.

Two Traxxas reps are coming with ERevo's to run. A custom 1/10 comp crawler course will be set up on site. Lots of random raffle prizes and competitive awards. Even awards just for show trucks! So bring a shelf queen too
Old 04-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hear there will be thousands of dollars worth of competition prizes and raffle giveaways, including a ready to run 1/10 scale stadium truck and a ready to run 1/8 scale desert buggy. The prize stash will continue growing until the event date.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just a few more days to go... I saw a picture of the new long jump ramp that was custom built locally for the ETex Bash Kings. It's metal, 4 feet wide, and has a pretty steep incline. Should launch some rc's very high and far. I will also bring my bike ramps for anyone intimidated by the newly constructed giant ramp. Additionally, I saw some pictures of the unfinished comp crawler course and it looks very fun and challenging. I got a sneak peek into the prizes. Panther, RC4WD, RPM, Team Associated, Pro-Line, and many other vendors have donated some very nice items including crawler axles, 1/8 threaded shock sets, wheels/tires, tons of replacement parts and upgrades, shirts/towels/hats, etc. There will be a $5 per ticket raffle for a RTR Vaterra Glamis Uno. I still haven't heard what the Traxxas reps will be bringing. Should be lots of interesting folks with lots of unique rc's. See you there!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It was fun with a good turnout. Great job guys.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://vimeo.com/94150604

Here's a video compilation of the event (I believe put together by Dan the Cameraman)
Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have to state two observations I made at the event. Keep in mind this is rural East Texas.

The two best overall parking lot bashing vehicles were:
A) 4wd Slash converted to a buggy with a too high kv Castle 4-pole 540 motor. Also a young man with a stock Slash and Duratrax tires tore it up on the drag racing comp.
B) OFNA/HoBao Hyper 7/8/8.5 converted to brushless. I saw 2 or 3, and 2 of them won a contest.