Type of tyre for Houston Tracks >

Type of tyre for Houston Tracks

Type of tyre for Houston Tracks

Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Type of tyre for Houston Tracks

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of moving from Australia to Texas and before I go and sell all the RC tyres that I have, I was wondering what sort of tyres work on the tracks in Houston?

I'm look at property in the Sugerland region, but can't find a huge amount of info on tracks.

In Perth here, AKA Rebar, AKA Handlebar and Proline Suburbs are the 'go to' tyres, so I have TONS. However, I don't want to pay to bring them over if they're no good, so I'm looking for advice on the local tracks and the best tyre.

I'm not interested in an 'it'll do' tyre, I will only run the fastest tyre. I currently race 1/10 2wd and 4wd buggy, 4x4 SC and 1/8 ebuggy.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Initiate

You might want to check out RCFiles. Lots of Houston
guys on there. I live just outside Sugar Land. Look forward
to meeting you.
John
Old 03-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those tires would probably all work well at Mike's. At M&M you'd want to go with something like Proline Bowties, Blockades or Calibers. We have a carpet indoor track that requires their own Schumacher spec tire which you can buy from there. 3Palms is a new track on the far north side. My guess, having not been there, is that Bowties, Blockades, or Calibers would be the choice there.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Guys,

If I can't move them locally I'll just keep them in that case and see how I go getting through them all.