R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Texas Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-racing-38/)
-   -   Houston On-Road Tracks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-racing/63626-houston-road-tracks.html)

RCNitroDude999 02-17-2005 08:13 PM

Houston On-Road Tracks

Do any of you guys know of anyone up and coming onroad tracks in the Houston area? The only track here, Lunatic Hobbies, has been put up for sale, so who knows if someone will buy it and continue with it, or use the land for something else...either way, we are gonna need somewhere to run.....

gmcstep2003 03-03-2005 08:20 PM

havent seen any other tracks for on road in the area but I have been looking.
Now I am going to sell my ntc3 and get an off road buggy because I know there is alot of places to race. Hopefully you or I can find out where this place is soon:batman:

RCNitroDude999 03-04-2005 05:44 AM

im not going to give up onroad yet, there is supposed to be a track being built in kingswood, and there is also rumor of another in the planning phase. im also thinking about going offroad untill the onroad gets back in gear.

gmcstep2003 03-06-2005 02:28 AM

so what is the popular nitro car there in houston for 10th scale on road? Do you know what are the popular nitro 8th scale buggies?:batman:

RCNitroDude999 03-06-2005 11:06 AM

im not sure about which nitro buggy, but for 1/10th touring nitro, many people use the mugen mtx-3

gmcstep2003 03-07-2005 07:44 PM

do you have any clue to which hobby shop is going to have the track? Have you ever raced at lunatic?:batman:

RCNitroDude999 03-08-2005 07:12 PM

I have no clue which shop will have the indoor track, for all I know, it could be a completely new facility being built. Lunatics is actually to only onroad track around here, and the owner (Tony) is selling the place, I talked with him last saturday, and the dude who may buy it plans on keeping it what it is, and possibly fixing it up, but untill then, Tony will keep it open himself.

gmcstep2003 03-16-2005 08:05 PM

HOW COME YOU DONT LIKE M&M HOBBY?
I SEEN THAT ON TEAM HOUSTON RC?
FOR SOME REASON THEY DONT LET ME JOIN THE FORUM:batman:

RCNitroDude999 03-18-2005 09:36 PM

mm hobby has a good offroad track and thats it. they have sorry customer service, even the owner is a pansy and doesnt know how to treat people. ive never seen any other business, not matter what it was, that treated their customers the way mm does.

rcmike 03-26-2005 08:47 PM

rcdude999

Do you have any info or anything to share about the track in kingswood?? I believe the sws is going to have a race there this season if things work out. That place is about 20 miles north of Houston if we are talking about the same place. Thanks.....MICHAEL

RCNitroDude999 03-27-2005 11:11 AM

ive only heard about it, plus, its to far for me to drive just to race rc cars anyway, so im gonna sit back and hope something pops up closer to home.

rcshark 04-05-2005 06:33 PM

speeres road has a oval track that is running 1/10 pan cars and some sedans are playing around there with the 1/4 scales

grey 07-08-2005 01:56 AM

Don't give up! Mikes Hobby shop in Porter(near Kingwood) is opening a new track or it is already open. I will stop in today to check the progress and give an update. No off road track is planned as far as I know.

Another possibility is the old Garden Ridge on 1960 bypass and 59. The paving is good and abandoned. I'm not suggesting lot bashing. It would take some volunteer time and materials. It can be made large enough for 1/8 however. -Jeff

grey 07-08-2005 03:01 AM

Looks like the grand opening is this weekend.
http://p206.ezboard.com/fteamhouston...picID=70.topic

TXstreetracer 07-16-2005 06:10 AM

Hey guys, Me and a buddy have been talking with the guys at the new Hobbytown USA store in the Woodlands about potential parking lot racing. They said that they already have permission from the property owner to use one of the empty parking lots in front of the store for racing. They are eager to get something going for RC racing.......they just kinda need someone to help spearhead the operation somewhat. I'd offer to step in and do it......but I'm honestly to new to RC to do it properly I feel.

If parkign lot racing might interest you guys then drop by the Hobbytown USA store and tell them you'd like to see some racing happen soon.....and give them a bit of encouragement :D