R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Texas Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-racing-38/)
-   -   RCPRO ON-ROAD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-racing/582886-rcpro-road-national-championship.html)

Woodlands Racer 01-01-2012 10:11 AM

RCPRO ON-ROAD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

1 Attachment(s)
RCPRO ON-ROAD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

This newly added event will kick off RCPRO's return to the On-Road racing scene. Attached is the flyer on the event and the rest of the information can be found on;

Make you plans for this BIG event at the premier RC racing facility in Porter, TX.

See you at the finish line,
Roger

bfong13 01-02-2012 06:00 AM

Sweet!!

BIGCAT TX 01-02-2012 08:30 AM

Cannot wait!

bassman2 01-02-2012 06:19 PM

Roger, will there be a set of rules for the GT class in this event?

Woodlands Racer 01-02-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by bassman2 (Post 10114647)
Roger, will there be a set of rules for the GT class in this event?

To the best of my knowledge we have not drafted any formal set of rules for the IGT's in the SWCS and/or the TNWS. We have pretty much left them as OPEN knowing that there is a limit that you can do to the chassis. As for the motors, I know that there have been a few of the guys running high performance .21 motors in our previous races but again it becomes what the car and the driver can handle. The last time the IGT guys tried to draft rules it became a pissing match on this forum and I would like to avoid angering what has become a growing class. However, Jeremy and I, as well as RCPRO, are open to any suggestions that you would like to make. Please DO NOT post them here, instead please email me your suggestions via my email on the TCR web site and we will consider the merit of any suggestions, whether from you or any other IGT racers that would like to submit suggestions. Please try and get them to me prior to our next TNWS on JAN 21st so that we can all discuss it when we meet to race next.

Looking forward to another great race weekend! How about those 10 minute quals four times and long mains? We are going to get in plenty of track time.

Roger

bfong13 01-02-2012 07:14 PM

Roger,

I found some GT rules in the series I used to race at in Florida. I'll email them to you for your review.

I think the long quals are fine. I believe that the Florida series went to longer quals (7 minutes) this year as well. It just makes for more interesting quals, and a need for a good pit guy :lol:

Woodlands Racer 01-03-2012 07:33 AM

Brian,
Thanks for the IGT rules from FL. We will take a look at them as well as discuss them with the IGT guys.

As for the pit guy, I too can use someone so let's reunite as we did a couple of races ago.

See you on the 21st,
Roger

ma racer 01-03-2012 11:52 AM

This bound to be a great race!!!! I can't wait!

bassman2 01-03-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer (Post 10114790)
To the best of my knowledge we have not drafted any formal set of rules for the IGT's in the SWCS and/or the TNWS. We have pretty much left them as OPEN knowing that there is a limit that you can do to the chassis. As for the motors, I know that there have been a few of the guys running high performance .21 motors in our previous races but again it becomes what the car and the driver can handle. The last time the IGT guys tried to draft rules it became a pissing match on this forum and I would like to avoid angering what has become a growing class. However, Jeremy and I, as well as RCPRO, are open to any suggestions that you would like to make. Please DO NOT post them here, instead please email me your suggestions via my email on the TCR web site and we will consider the merit of any suggestions, whether from you or any other IGT racers that would like to submit suggestions. Please try and get them to me prior to our next TNWS on JAN 21st so that we can all discuss it when we meet to race next.

Looking forward to another great race weekend! How about those 10 minute quals four times and long mains? We are going to get in plenty of track time.

Roger

Hi Roger,

I've e-mailed you the rules for the GT class. Please discuss with Jeremy and RCPRO. Looking forward to your feedback.

2012 will be a GREAT racing season !!!!

Thanks,

Andy

Woodlands Racer 01-05-2012 09:36 PM

Ok, I have visited with Jeremy and he and RCPro are in agreement that they errored in the date selection and have asked me to revise the flyer to NEW DATES. The new date is APRIL 13, 14, 15. Thank you to those of you who pointed out our error. I am out of town this weekend and will revise the flyer and repost it upon my return.

Roger

the great one 01-06-2012 09:41 AM

count me in its time to return

ma racer 01-06-2012 11:47 AM

Woohoo!!!!!! Great to have ya back!!!!

the great one 01-07-2012 08:01 PM

its great to be back :tire:

bassman2 01-13-2012 02:27 PM

Fast Utah guys are coming for the 1/8 GT class !!!!! Flyin Hawaiian, you better watch out !!!!

Ol skool nitro 01-22-2012 05:37 PM

So what was decided on the rules......

For the 1/8 GT class? Has there been a definitive set adopted? I would like to set up my car based on your rules in order to compete. Thanks for any help on this subject.:nod: