Wiki Posts
Search

Practice days at mikes... enjoy

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)
Default Practice days at mikes... enjoy

I'll just keep this thread updated when i get pics. i had a good friend of mine come out to the track with me today and shot these. it was a good day.

they are actually side by side

my tlr 22 flies nice and level

set-up

gaining

gaining more

slammed the door

carried it down the inside

pulling away

a little 2wd short course action

big slide

a good day

didnt break anything, ran about 4 packs through my buggy. i cant wait to see what the new extended layout has in store for us

Matt

Last edited by mdwalsh; 05-11-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is a race this Saturday at MM. Are you going?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's between fishing and racing... I haven't gone fishing since last year. We will see. I don't have a transponder, or the money to pick one up right now. So we'll see. At this point I would say no. but I will def be racing next friday at mikes.

Matt
Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

im going out there to run my 22 possibly tomorrow, and for certain on friday. should be a blast. lets get a few guys out there and just run for fun! i like seeing people out there having fun.

id really like to see more 2wd stuff out at mikes. my 22 is all stock accept for a 4.5 degree LRC toe block in the back, and im running red compound losi bk bars in the back and taper pins up front. i have tons of grip and as long as im smooth i rarely have traction issues. i must admit that im running a very budget minded set-up. i got a second had dynamite fuze 3300 sc set-up ($75), an old servo i had from my touring car days (free - ko propo PDS-2143), dynamite 4000mah 20c 2s lipos ($40), and my MT-4 radio ive had for awhile (free).

so new stuff that i bought-
22- $270
esc/motor- $75
Lipo- $40
tires- $20
Total- $405 bucks ready to run expenses

this buggy runs awesome. its very durable, ive ran idk at least 15-20 packs through the car on track at mikes, cased every jump on the track, kartwheeled end over end, landed way off kilter, tapped concrete walls, slammed into pipes, and have yet to break anything on this buggy. it reallydoesnt loose much in the way of power to the tekin, novak, and castle guys out here either. and most of those guys are running way more than a 20c pack. im very satisfied with what ive spent. id love to see some more guys with budget set-ups come out and compete. you dont need to spend tons of money to have something fast. this buggy is awesome, it handles great out of the box, responds well to tuning input, is durable, and doesnt need an expensive high powered esc/motor/battery combo to be quick. sounds like a perfect class for cheap competitive club racing to me.

Matt
Old 05-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

I'll be at the races tomorrow but I'm not racing. A buddy and I are just going to watch. This is the first race on the new track layout. The track is really loose right now so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'd love to get out and run at a track again but I am fixing up an RC10 and a couple of JRX's right now and yes I am brave enough to race them with the new stuff! However I only just bought my first 2.4 radio and I'm still running old brushed stock motors and nimh batteries so I'm not ready to get out there just yet. I also don't have a transponder yet either. I'm convinced I can still set up the older cars to be competitive so I'm going to give it a go at some point this summer. Fortunately I can setup the suspension pretty well at home and use a track for fine tuning so one step at a time.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fredswain
I'll be at the races tomorrow but I'm not racing. A buddy and I are just going to watch. This is the first race on the new track layout. The track is really loose right now so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'd love to get out and run at a track again but I am fixing up an RC10 and a couple of JRX's right now and yes I am brave enough to race them with the new stuff! However I only just bought my first 2.4 radio and I'm still running old brushed stock motors and nimh batteries so I'm not ready to get out there just yet. I also don't have a transponder yet either. I'm convinced I can still set up the older cars to be competitive so I'm going to give it a go at some point this summer. Fortunately I can setup the suspension pretty well at home and use a track for fine tuning so one step at a time.
sounds like a plan! hey man i raced my xxxs up until i sold it last month! and it wasnt the slowest thing on track either!

Matt
Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Lots of cars out there. It was a 10 car A-main and a 7 or 8 car B-main. There were a bunch of 22's and B4's and even an RB5 and a XX out there. Both of them ended up in the A-main. Smiley won with his 22 but he usually wins. A 22 was dead last in the B-main. As long as I can fall in there somewhere, I'll be happy! Another couple of months and I'll be ready. The question is which car will I run? I'll have a race ready RC10, JRX-pro, and XX. My least favorite is actually the XX even though it is probably the technically best car so we'll see. It'll probably be the RC10 though.

I'm going to try to go watch the races at Mikes next Friday night.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

today at mikes went awesome, i felt quick and with 3 other 22's out there i wasnt in last most of the time! woohoo! anyways ill be out there a few more times this week, and deff to race on friday! see yall on track soon!

Matt
Old 05-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Practice paid off, qualified 8th in a main, finished 7th. Had a great time with everyone! Can't wait for next week! See yall at the track!

Matt
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

It was cool meeting you. Good job on getting into the A main. 7th isn't bad considering who/what you were up against. Are you going to MM next weekend? It's probably going to be hot and that track is VERY different than Mike's.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to try to. No promises though. I deff would need another set of tires to run there, and a remainder. If my transponder comes in and I can get a new set of tires/wheel I'll be out there!

Matt
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

woohoo! transponder came in! and i found an older set of unglued bow-ties that wont be ideal but work alright at m&m this weekend! racing saturday for me!

Matt