Wiki Posts
Search

SWCS 2011 Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Yes, plus it allows you to put some money back in your pocket at least for a couple of weeks. It was a last minute change that caught us off guard and threw a wrench in the plans..
Well, now that I have a free weekend, I can now break in three of my new .21s I recently purchased for my GT car and have them ready. I was going to try to do one during the weekend while I was there but now I can knock all three out at the same time. Guess I can also catch up cleaning the apartment while I break them in.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, if you haven't called your friends yet and let them know that there is NO RACE IN SA this weekend, please do so ASAP. I actually talked to a friend today that was not aware of the postponement. Also don't forget to cancel your hotel rooms.

We will inform you as soon as we get word from the SA crew when they will reschedule. I spoke with Chris Kemper yesterday and we discuss three alternative dates. They are trying to lock down a site now for the final race in the 2011 SWCS.

Hope to be able to let you know soon,
Roger
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

It's great the race is still on! I'm all for a cooler weather wise schedule it's dang hot!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Please try not to schedule Labor Day weekend. I'll be in California for the weekend. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Practice on Saturday

Turnout has been better a little better the last couple of weeks on the onroad track. We've had 5 or 6 1/8 scales and 3 to 5 nitro tourning cars. I'll clean and prep the track on Friday. Come out and run on Saturday. That means you Roger! Perfect time to setup any new cars you have.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Practice???

Grouper is this practice happening at Rendon?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Mike's in Porter
Old 09-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, sure wish we had that going on around DWFW area.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

how long are you guys planning on being there? i work till 1 and dont wanna make the trip if you guys are gone by then. ill probably be there around 2pm
Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default SWCS RACE #6 Announcement

The SWCS Committee has met and decided to hold the final race in conjunction with the upcoming XRAY Challenge Race in Porter on OCT 15-16th. This race is scheduled with three qualifiers on SAT and the mains on SUN. Please note that the entry fee will be higher as this race is being conducted by the local shop and trophies will be awarded for each class.

> All racers that have earned points in previous SWCS events this year and participating in this race will be awarded points for their results in the XRAY Challenge mains.
> SWCS racers will be ranked in accordance to their finish without the result of non SWCS racers affecting their ability to earn points.
> SWCS racers will also be eligible to receive XRAY Challenge trophies as well.
> Since this will be the final race of the season, Year-End results will be computed and posted on the web site as soon as possible after the conclusion of the weekend event. The series will make an effort to have the trophies prepared in time to be awarded at the upcoming Region 9 Championship (See REGION 9 Championship post which will be available soon).
> Entry to the XRAY Challenge Race will be opening soon on www.thirdcoastracing.com . Please check this web site next week for the opportunity to enter.

Thank you for your patience and the SWCS Committee looks forward to returning to San Antonio next year.

Last edited by Woodlands Racer; 09-20-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Woohoo!!!! I'm in!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Region 9 Championship

Attention Region 9 Fuel On Road Racers:

The regional championship will be held at RCRCNT Raceway on October 29+30, 2011.
With San Antonio regrouping to get their racing back up and running, we have agreed to host the race. Obviously this late in the year dates were very limited, so the above date was adopted by the SWCS committee.
I took a poll of the racers at the XRay Challenge in Porter this past weekend and received 17 commitments to attend, so hoping for many more.
Sat and Sun race, start qualifiers around 1pm and depending on car count we will try to run 3 rounds on Sat and possibly 1 more on Sunday morning if schedule allows for the racers who cannot make Sat (otherwise you can start scratch in the lowest main).
$35 entry fee and trophies will be awarded for the top 5 in each class.
Classes will be 1/10 Touring, 1/8 Open and 1/8 IGT.
All ROAR rules apply.

Additionally, I am to receive the final SWCS Points from Roger tonight, so the season ending trophies will be available for presentation at the event as well.

We look forward to seeing everyone on 10/29-30.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default SWCS FINAL POINTS ARE IN

Attention all SWCS Racers

The final points for the 2011 SWCS are now posted on the web site;