Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
February Freeze Race - Mike's Hobby Shop Dallas!! >

February Freeze Race - Mike's Hobby Shop Dallas!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February Freeze Race - Mike's Hobby Shop Dallas!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oh yeah should be awesome!

Andrew, been running the nt1 gear diff. I put about 10 packs through it and a few bad crashes and have not had one bit of trouble. I think it is going to hold up.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I have the same to report. Nothing but smooth leak free action. Might have to try one in front too with some 300k in it. Things are ramping up for the race. Trophy order goes in this week!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Held up through snowbirds so it has to be good.

good to hear about the race can't wait! Any word on attendance?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

No numbers but I am expecting all the people from the last race plus a couple of extras from here and there. Having the carpet out of commission for a month has lit a fire in several locals bellies. Even a few off-road guys are coming over to try th carpet. Lat time we didn't race for a while, the next two weekends the numbers went way up. I imagine this will happen for the race too!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hawk, you may even have to throw that 1/12 out on the track. I already know this is gonna be a great race, just doesn't look good for me making the road trip.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bonadona
Hawk, you may even have to throw that 1/12 out on the track. I already know this is gonna be a great race, just doesn't look good for me making the road trip.
Yeah if i have it ready I would like to. We wish you could make it B not going to be the same without you.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Ya, you'll be missed for sure B. Hawk, I am pretty sure Yang got the car in the mail yesterday. We're looking forward to you throwin' down in 12th!

We have the layout in now and have developed a nice groove. Ron Atomic and David Joor brought Christian Tabush up to run this weekend. It is a very fast layout. In 13.5 12th times are in the high 9's already on the first real day of practice. I sprayed twice today and the carpet should be kept covered after tomorrow's racing so we'll have a significant groove to start with on the Friday club race. Check out the track cam to see the layout.

See ya'll in a couple weeks!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If I can't make it, you know I will be heckling from my iphone. lol
Old 02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Ya, you'll be missed for sure B. Hawk, I am pretty sure Yang got the car in the mail yesterday. We're looking forward to you throwin' down in 12th!

We have the layout in now and have developed a nice groove. Ron Atomic and David Joor brought Christian Tabush up to run this weekend. It is a very fast layout. In 13.5 12th times are in the high 9's already on the first real day of practice. I sprayed twice today and the carpet should be kept covered after tomorrow's racing so we'll have a significant groove to start with on the Friday club race. Check out the track cam to see the layout.

See ya'll in a couple weeks!
Sounds good. I'm ready to run some 12th scale again. I hope he gets better soon so he can race with us.

I'm sure there will be some heckling involved from b-dazzeled as well.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Me and my buddy Rob will be coming out this weekend from Houston to run stock 17.5 tc and if we can get our cars ready maybe 12th scale also. It will be the first time we have been to mikes in dallas. I've heard good things about the track so i"m really exited. How much will the solaris tires be? also is there anything special I need to bring like a table or chair for the pit area? Thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila
Me and my buddy Rob will be coming out this weekend from Houston to run stock 17.5 tc and if we can get our cars ready maybe 12th scale also. It will be the first time we have been to mikes in dallas. I've heard good things about the track so i"m really exited. How much will the solaris tires be? also is there anything special I need to bring like a table or chair for the pit area? Thanks.
Solaris tires are $29.99 for a 4-set in the store. They have them in white or black rims. You may want to bring a table and chair just in case. There are pit tables available but they fill up quickly due to also having offroad racer/bashers pitting and running on the indoor dirt track at the same time. But, pit space is first come, first serve so get there early and stake claim to a table spot.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

I am going to be in town all next week. I think I can work it out to race with you all. Is there a spec tire sauce?

JEFF
Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

We only use Paragon GFX (the black can stuff). There were several cans in the shop this afternoon if you don't have any.

Glad to hear we'll have some more racers for the 18th-20th!!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I am going to be in town all next week. I think I can work it out to race with you all. Is there a spec tire sauce?

JEFF
Jeff,

There is a nitro race at the Rendon track the same weekend so you actually have a choice of races to run. They are running 200mm, 8th scale Lola, and once again, 8th scale GT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.