Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Offroad and onroad in Dallas Tx >

Offroad and onroad in Dallas Tx

Offroad and onroad in Dallas Tx

Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Long grey hair... I think I had a mullet back then,
I wish we had something like Mikes in the great Northwest. You guys don't know how lucky you are. We have one indoor off-road track in Oregon (yes only one) the track is 40x70. I think the whole store would fit on Mikes off-road track.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
Long grey hair... I think I had a mullet back then,
I wish we had something like Mikes in the great Northwest. You guys don't know how lucky you are. We have one indoor off-road track in Oregon (yes only one) the track is 40x70. I think the whole store would fit on Mikes off-road track.

Just in Portland last week, I was wondering how many tracks you guys had with the weather
idbdoug
Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

In Portland we have the one indoor track and just outside of Portland we have two outdoor tracks. They only run about 6 months out of the year and are really larger tracks for 1/8 scale. I think there is another indoor track down Medford Oregon but its about an 8 hour drive. I have never got to that one obviously.

I had heard that Mike may need to move his track due to the freeway needing a larger on ramp or something. Any truth to that?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
In Portland we have the one indoor track and just outside of Portland we have two outdoor tracks. They only run about 6 months out of the year and are really larger tracks for 1/8 scale. I think there is another indoor track down Medford Oregon but its about an 8 hour drive. I have never got to that one obviously.

I had heard that Mike may need to move his track due to the freeway needing a larger on ramp or something. Any truth to that?
Yep. He's been told 2 to 3 years on widening the I35E corridor, but with the gov who knows. But with Obama, it may be sooner due to his highway plans to rebuild the economy
idbdoug
Old 01-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Racing every Saturday both offroad (dirt) and carpet onroad come check it out
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/
Im planning to get back down to Mikes in a couple weeks or so. Has there been any TC's running or has it been all WGT's and 1/12th? If TC's are running have they been running mostly rubber or foam tire?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Im planning to get back down to Mikes in a couple weeks or so. Has there been any TC's running or has it been all WGT's and 1/12th? If TC's are running have they been running mostly rubber or foam tire?
The only classes that are currently running on the carpet is WGT and 1/12th scale. Last Saturday, we had a class of 18R's run for the first time in a while. No one seems to want to run touring car, which has not run since the early part of the summer of 2008.

Juan
Old 01-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

The 1/10 scale Vintage TA class is almost up and running. Check Mike's Hobbyshop Forums under On Road for more info
idbdoug
Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Its looking like myself and a few other racers will be making a road trip to Mike's on Feb 7th. We intend to run Rubber TC. If there are any other racers who want some of that action lets here about it. I know Rubber TC has not been the hot class at Mikes but we will have enough in our group to get a class.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its looking like myself and a few other racers will be making a road trip to Mike's on Feb 7th. We intend to run Rubber TC. If there are any other racers who want some of that action lets here about it. I know Rubber TC has not been the hot class at Mikes but we will have enough in our group to get a class.
Touring car has been non-existent at Mike's for quite a few months, both foam and rubber tire. Any touring car racers would be greatly appreciated no matter where they come from. You guys might have me dust off my touring car to run that weekend.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Touring car has been non-existent at Mike's for quite a few months, both foam and rubber tire. Any touring car racers would be greatly appreciated no matter where they come from. You guys might have me dust off my touring car to run that weekend.
Well get to dusting because unless something unforeseen happens we will be there. Im trying to get Canyon T. (Arizona) to head that way too.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Well get to dusting because unless something unforeseen happens we will be there. Im trying to get Canyon T. (Arizona) to head that way too.
Uh yeah, so something has happened. The recent ice storm has rattle this area (and the racers) quite a bit. Its been a week and some of us still dont have electricity. Also some of us have home damage to deal with.

This being the case our trip must be put on hold. See you guys when things are back to normal.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I heard the Deli is shutting down!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default deli

deli back up and running on weekend only though i think
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey guys I am going to be in Dallas for work and would like to come out and run some 2wd buggy on July 17th.
Please let me know what tires to pack. space is limited.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

you will get more info here http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3/index.php