Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Are there any racers in the Houston area? >

Are there any racers in the Houston area?

Are there any racers in the Houston area?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Are there any racers in the Houston area?

Hi, I run my trucks over at the Southside RC track on Red Bluff and I was wondering if there was anyone on here that runs or races over there. Does anyone know of any other good tracks in the area? Southside RC track is actually a really nice track. The cool thing about this track is that they always change the layout after a big race so you don't ever get bored of the same thing. Here are some pictures of it from a while back.

The 3 trucks on the left are mine (all BL), the BL Hyper my friend's buggy, and the other 3 trucks are another friend's trucks.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks like a fun track, I live out by Beaumont and run 1/8th onroad up in Porter (YEP! Long drive) But, I'm building a couple GT's to run here locally, and driving over to pasa-get-down-dena wouldn't be no biggie, actually I used to live off of south st. Probably have my 1st truck done in a month or so as I'm fabbing some of the parts, might see ya out there... Take Care
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey the hyper is shanes right

(i think i spelt it right)
Old 07-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, that's his buggy. Are you the one with 3 Revos that I met like a couple of weeks ago?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Southside does hold races, most of the houston offroad scene is HARC club related. Southside has its own club races but I don't know the schedule, try calling Victory RC to find out for sure.

The next southside race is Saturday August 8th if the schedule is not wrong. There are always guys out there on sundays if you want to get some time on the track before the big race.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no im not i know shane cause i drag race with him and we alway mess with rc cars at the drag strip
Old 07-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I know this track over at Red Bluff and I must agree its very nice. I went twice only to observe. I have a Jato 3.3 and I dont know if Im allowed to try it at this track. Hey Motoman can you tell me who I have to talk to so I can use this track? What are the fees? races?

Thank you!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm not sure what the name of the guy who is in charge is, but if you walk up to the big tent there should be someone there that can help you. As far as I know, you can run a jato 3.3 there. A friend of mine runs a jato 2.5. The fee for members is like $7, if your not a member you have to become one. It's easy, just sign up and I think you have to pay something like $10 the first time and $ 7 after that. I think they have races once a month but don't really know the dates. You can check their website for more info:
http://www.southsiderc.com/
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Motoman,

If you don't mind driving a few more miles north to Porter, there is an awesome top-notch track there. Asphalt Oval and Big Nitro Onroad Track. Then there is a big covered Off-Road Track. Last time I checked, they were building an indoor carpet track for mini's/ 1:12's and Oval that should be getting close to done for the winter season.

www.mikes-hobbyshop.com

When I lived in Pearland I would drive the 40miles to Porter twice a week, because the track was that excellent. The pitting is the best I've seen, enough for 100+ racers with power, bathrooms, tire truing station, concession stand.

Josh
Old 07-26-2008, 06:48 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

boy if we have to move to houston in the next mth or 2, i really hope that what i just read is true and some1 is puttin a 1/18 track up for the winter. then at least i could race somethin electric. i'm not seeing much in way of electric down in ur neck of woods. lotta nitro and planes (eek). tryin to scout ahead of time and find a place to run somethin (comin from baltimore which seems polar opposite, tons of electric and nitro is dead except the glorious 301). heck we have 3 tracks running trans am alone.

thx for any .02 in advance.

R
Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Good article!

Good article!Thanks!台灣外掛下�dro外掛楓之谷外掛
Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 AM

hmm, i just cant stomach any nitro (not that i try literally b4 u ask)...might have to settle with the 1/18th stuff. not thats bad in the winter (its idea), but bleh. be interestin to line up 1 of my tourers in mod form against 1/10 nitros though.

R
Old 07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
hmm, i just cant stomach any nitro (not that i try literally b4 u ask)...might have to settle with the 1/18th stuff. not thats bad in the winter (its idea), but bleh. be interestin to line up 1 of my tourers in mod form against 1/10 nitros though.

R
The only electric racing will be hircr (www.hircr.com) and m&m, neither really have schedules right now. It is more likely to be mini-z than 18th scale indoors though. We have tried so many times to run 18th scale indoors and it just doesn't end up working due to track size limitations.

Mike's may some day build their everlasting dream of a track that they have been talking about for 2 years but...

Larry's hobby also has an everlasting 2 year dream, and last I heard may have the actual property but could be waiting on permits or the building is half condemned or something weird like that.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 PM

why not copy the race haus in maryland, near baltimore. i'm sure we can shoot ya some photos. the space isnt very big, but the level of fun is!!!

R
Old 08-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
why not copy the race haus in maryland, near baltimore. i'm sure we can shoot ya some photos. the space isnt very big, but the level of fun is!!!

R
There is nobody really willing to invest in space honestly, the owners of the RC shops in houston have been killing the hobby for 20 years (most of them anyway) so not many of the racers are interested in their own ventures due to our dwindling numbers.

I've been looking for some warehouse space inside the loop around the $1000/month range in the 100x50 size range and haven't been able to come up with anything yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service