Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Indy RC in Garland, Texas. >

Indy RC in Garland, Texas.

Like Tree3Likes

Indy RC in Garland, Texas.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ice breaker race

Do they have an SC8 class as well? We have several SC8's in my area and are itchin to race since its been awhile. It would be nice to race my RC8B and SC8 at Indy. I would like to make this race since Amarillo is not to far away.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have never been and I am really wanting to come to this race just trying to see about this place. I signed up on RC Sign up but I have not seen alot of talk about this race... Anyone know anything. Or could anyone help out with some good info on this place I would appreciate it alot!!! Thanks..
Old 02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I dont think there is an SC8 class but there is electric short couse class though.
Its a nice place to race....track is always fun.
Lutz, Smolnik, Branham and some others are gonna be there.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ice breaker race

Originally Posted by supralative
I dont think there is an SC8 class but there is electric short couse class though.
Its a nice place to race....track is always fun.
Lutz, Smolnik, Branham and some others are gonna be there.
What tires work well at this track?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Superlative

Who told you LUTZ was going to be there ? At indy ? supralative sorry for spelling

Last edited by rcmike; 02-09-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling cant change
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ryan Lutz

Originally Posted by rcmike
Who told you LUTZ was going to be there ? At indy ? supralative sorry for spelling
Lutz is signed up for the expert buggy and truggy race on RCSignup.com
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking Bring your SC8's!!

Ive been talking with Steve at Indy via e-mail and he said he would do a demo race for the SC8's so everyone could see em race. I know for a fact that three of us in Amarillo will be bringing ours. Im working on a few other guys to bring theres as well. So if anybody wants to partake in some SC8 carnage come to Indy RC for the Icebreaker race Feb. 27th and 28th!!! We will be in buggy and truggy and slash classes as well.

If you dont show up it just means your scared of my SC8!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Indy RC in Garland, Texas.-066.jpg  

Last edited by dunnyrc51; 02-10-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Picture
Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dunnyrc51
What tires work well at this track?

At the Lonestar Classic I ended up using VTR Cailbers in M2...dont have any
M3 in box but I usually dont go super super soft...would prefer a tire to last abit for my budget. I do have some VTR Calibers in M3 though so I will see how they work this time round down there.

Lutz, Branham, Skidmore, hopefully some more show up. Pavidas showed a few years back too but Skidmore took the win that year IIRC.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pavidas would of won that race to had he not lost his wheel and hub during the main. His pit guy is a friend of mine. They said they love the Indy track and want to come back.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Pavidas would of won that race to had he not lost his wheel and hub during the main. His pit guy is a friend of mine. They said they love the Indy track and want to come back.
Yea its the luck of racing sometimes too hahaha.
Had a friend leading the B Main for a bump and the rear bulkhead housing lots its grip on the bearing and other stuff hehee.
There were some guys and girls from Amarillo at the Lonestar Classic last year....wonder if they are heading out here again for this race?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea its the luck of racing sometimes too hahaha.
Had a friend leading the B Main for a bump and the rear bulkhead housing lots its grip on the bearing and other stuff hehee.
There were some guys and girls from Amarillo at the Lonestar Classic last year....wonder if they are heading out here again for this race?
Well Keevin probably wont make it, but James is thinking about going. Im not sure who else is coming. I know me and two others are for sure coming. We will be racing sportsman buggy, truggy, and one slash. If you know of anyone with an SC8 tell em to bring it so we can rub fenders!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well Keevin probably wont make it, but James is thinking about going. Im not sure who else is coming. I know me and two others are for sure coming. We will be racing sportsman buggy, truggy, and one slash. If you know of anyone with an SC8 tell em to bring it so we can rub fenders!!!!!!
Cant remember the guys names, but they raced Associated and Losi. Associated was an orange yellow combo, while the Losi was a blue green white combo.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Alright
I will try to round up some OKC guys and head down there.
Is there any/enough electrical outlets for us?
Hey guys- I have been wondering if I should comment or not and I figured that I would go ahead and throw my two cents in.

I don't mean to be negative or to put down any rc tracks especially in todays economy, but I would rather drive back to OKC (a three hour trip) than to race at INDY. The hobby shop, if that is what you want to call it, is small and there looks to only be enough room for only 20 or 25 racers. I haven't raced there simply becuase I don't want to get car jacked leaving or seemed like the guys I was wathcing all they wanted to do is see how may other cars they could take out while racing. Mikes Hobby shop just off of I-35E and north of Dallas is the cleanest place to race in Dallas. For those of you who have raced there, you can attest to that for me if you wish, but the atmosphere is perfect for all rc-ers. They also have a snack bar, awesome hobby shop, and room for probably 100 racers and it is free to practice on the offroad track. The only drawback for you nitro guys is it is electric only and they do not have a dirt oval, at least not yet..... Again, I don't mean to talk bad about anyone or anything, but I saw that there was some guys thinking about coming from out of state to race there and I was just trying to give you the "honest" take (at least mine) on INDY RC.

Last edited by SweetRacing; 02-11-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cant remember the guys names, but they raced Associated and Losi. Associated was an orange yellow combo, while the Losi was a blue green white combo.
Jason Eubanks for Team AE and i believe it might of been Hugh with the Losi. Not for certain on the Losi though.

Last edited by dunnyrc51; 02-14-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Race Tracks

Sweetracing there are good tracks and bad tracks alike. For those of us whom have been itching to light the nitro and do some racing greatly appreciate places like IndyRC during the winter. Whether its a run down place or not Im getting to get away from my wife and go do what I love to do. Its not like the weather has been warm enough in my area to do any outdoor racing. Im truly excited as this will be my first race of the '10 season. I will be doing quite a bit of traveling to race R/C this year so im pretty stoked that my season is about to kick off. But thanks for your opinion i do plan on checking out mikes place while we are down there. Plus we get to demo our SC8's and show the DFW area racers what these things are capable of!!!!! 10th scale short course trucks are toys, 1/8th scale SCT's are where its at!!!! Besides the wind wont make the SC8 nose up while the lil plastic "swashes and others" blow away!!!!!! If you get bored come watch us cause im ready to get my race on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.