HAMDRL

Old 11-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default HAMDRL

My last attempt to have a semi-private team discussion didnt go over very well on the other site. Lyn and AC, can you guys get us up to speed as to what yall were talking about on Sunday and what our goal is here?

This is the list of guys I Pmed and invited here. Bigmax, AC, DDcarter and Griz. I think I hit Trey also! Long day! LOL

Who else would yall like to add? PD2 should IMO, but he checks in here, and will see us anyway!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Oh BTW, Im biff! I forgot about my handle here, sure yall would of figured it though.

Some notes from the last thread. Dave Carter has agreed to be the Treasurer for the Houston Area Drag Racers League.

Cut and paste from the Bigster.

#1 is or at least we thik is a timing system. Just need to see what it would cast to build one or buy one already designed. AC has some timing slips from his racing that he will post to show what the readout needs to be or what the system needs to capture and print.

#2 location with no seams like what we have but will not get underwater for long periods at a time. Anyone have some land they aren't using that we can build a dragstrip? lay some asphalt down and run the wires and lights?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

I,m here
Old 11-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default K

Once AC has his computer fixed , he can add a couple more names to who needs to be in here. Did you miss Slash? Insane has taken on a position on the board didn't he?

At the T&T jam session which we did state that it would have been good to have Biff and Trey's input. Having a smoother track not having a possibility to be under water on occassions would be good. So keep eyes out for such a place. Of coarse to host some more out of towners and for our own pleasure a timing system is more important than side rails for now. An upgradable for comuncation to a computor. A light to start and one that would recognize the winning car leaving the losing car's light off. How can that be done?

Just reading the toys for toys/Ritches Brew race happening the 1st & 2nd of December. I hope we can plan the next Saturday to go to San Antonio to try a real Drag Strip.

OWE! My head hurts from all this thinking!

How about someone else.? I know I missed something due to having to go pee a couple of times during our discussion.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The main thing was the timing system. We would get off topic for a while and end up back on the timing system. I will Lyn today about the checking account.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Lyn, I didnt invite Slash yet. I was worried about asking TOO much, to early. He has to be VERY busy as it is, I hate to burn him out too soon. Griz and AC know him alot better than we do and I would suggest they make that call.

As far as a timing system vs. side rails, thats a toss up IMO. AC mentioned the side rails and safety in his news letter. We need to think about safety. And lawyers. As of right now, were running on a county park without written permission and if someone gets hurt, we could be liable. Me and AC swapped PMs about getting permission and I was sort of agaisnt it at first. WTF? A few guys running, no big deal! But my attitude is changing! We got alot of new people that we dont know yet, one guy who wants a 10 cell car that hasent raced in years? That scares me! Just something to think about yall!

Untill we have a permanant track, I would think our funds could be better directed to an "El Cheapo" system that can be homebuilt. Ill need a week or so before I can give more details. But we will need some money. Maybe not as much as everybody thinks though. I built that start light system I have now for under $8.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Im breaking my post up into more than one. Some sites will only allow so many characters.

Cut and post from Lyn.

An upgradable for comuncation to a computor. A light to start and one that would recognize the winning car leaving the losing car's light off. How can that be done?

Thats my biggest worry. The "interface" between the photocells and the PC. I can handle the mechanical stuff like building the tree. I also do electronics, but I am lost when it comes to software and stuff like how to build circuts. What I need to know right now, is the part numbers of the photo cells, and I think I can most of the circut design done from a co-worker. More on that later.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Here I go thinking again!

#1 Priority is safety and timing system. Side boards to keep me in the lane too! Timing to attacked more entries and out of town visiters too.

The lights down at the finish line doesn't have to talk to a computer yet just some forthought to make it possible later. To only turn on the light of the winning lane should be fairly easy. I don't know how but those at Sunday's T&T talk like it wasn't that difficult. I'll let some of the others to share their thoughs.

Also the light subject can be discussed on the open forum. Get some of the Geeks in our world to help out.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Ill work on the light idea! My work hours have just reached normal peoples hours, 40. That will mean Ill have plenty of free time, but no money!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default heh heh

I'm trying to keep my spending down to 1,2 $ myself till bidness picks up. Ask around, I may have something in my garage that could help with supplies needed.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Wow!!! Had not been over on rctech.net in a while. Used to come over here when I raced more and needed parts and what not, but I see we have our little forum for club discussions going.

Sorry I didn't make it over here sooner guys and gals!

OK. I think that both the lights and the side boards are very important. And Biff made a VERY good point of the legal issues. Problem with going to the park is that they will want you to fill out paperwork every time we run to "reserve" that parking lot or area of the park for "private" use only. Other things to think about in this regard are the people who come to the park, that are NOT racing. Out of control nitro rail that has a runaway is nothing more than an ankle dart! Something to think about there.

Tree - we just need something to get people off the line and determine who crossed the finish line first. Its nothing more than an electronic gate setup. Two photo-cells that are gated by and open and closed circuit. When the light stages and goes through its paces the first gate can shutoff the green light.....car runs down the track and when it cross the last gate/photocell, it flips the green light back on. Though it would do it for both lanes the same, one person could watch the tree to see which green light flipped on first. Just a thought or idea.

Cool stuff you guys got going over here.......keep going and I'll check here more now that I know.

BTW - I'm building a Bracket racer for just in case......

PD2
Old 11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Dudes, I would rather talk about this stuff at home. Include everyone involved. It took me several trys to get here and I dont think were gaining ground.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:44 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ffiB
Dudes, I would rather talk about this stuff at home. Include everyone involved. It took me several trys to get here and I dont think were gaining ground.
Your call bro......I'm good either way......

PD2
Old 11-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ahh-haaa...you guys are running from me....but i found you!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default There goes the neghborhood!

Club needs discussed is what this forum is for. Safety issues and what is needed by priority first. Once we set our needs then fund raising will be broadcast on all the other sites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.