Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
C'Mon San Antonio...  1.4 Million People >

C'Mon San Antonio... 1.4 Million People

C'Mon San Antonio... 1.4 Million People

Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default C'Mon San Antonio... 1.4 Million People

Temps in the 100's and NOBODY has an empty garage or warehouse that's climate controlled for racing?

Is this sport that dead here??????
Old 07-25-2006, 02:59 AM
PD2
Tech Master

I'd have to agree with you! Even in the Houston area, we have indoor or covered offroad R/C tracks, but not one indoor, climate controlled, 1/10th scale onroad track! The closest thing are the mini-scale guys here in town that race Kyosho Mini-Z's and 1/18th XRAY M18. I have been saying that anyone who opens up an indoor, climate controlled onroad track in the South and Southwestern/Southeastern part of Texas will make it.

PD2
Old 07-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

I just moved to Dallas and racing here is also dead. indoor or outdoor
Old 07-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

With 3 military bases still in San Antonio and lots of young men/women with time and money, it would seem that RC racing should be healthy. Would an indoor (climate controlled) facility be nice? ......sure! But there's only a couple of months of oppressive heat and the rest of the time racing could be outdoors.

Look forward to being a part of the solution when I move to San Antonio next month.

bob
Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default More than a few months of oppressive heat!! :-)

Hobbytown is about the best place to race on road right now. Phat Boyz used to be but they didn't last too long.

I am considering getting back into the sport, but it still seems to be a bit expensive. I am trying to decide nitro or Battery. I think in the long run nitro is cheaper..