2022 UTRL Season

Old 07-17-2021, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2022 UTRL Season

With summer break at the half way point, seems like a good time to crank up next season's thread. Almost daily rains for the last six seeks have kept track test and practice time at minimum. Only the '72-Truck' has completed spec tests. Hopefully in the remaining eight weeks of summer break, the other three competitors can complete their spec sheets. Below are the four competition ST's for 2022. Cheers. 'AC'

UTRL 2022 Grid. (L-R) RC10T3 #1, RC10GT BL #8, RC10T4 #72 and TRX Rustler #106.
Old Today, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Track Origin

Track has finally dried out from last six weeks of rain. Testing and practice for the October start of the 2022 Season begins apace again tomorrow. Three trucks yet to spec for 2022.

This track has its roots (pun not intended) in British Speedway motorbike racing. In fact, image below, at the opening ceremony back March 20, 2019, the Union Jack was on display as a sign of recognition and appreciation. My series still includes a 4-lap timed Trophy Dash in each event as a thank-you for the idea.

Cheers, mates. 'AC'

British Union Jack for grass track opening ceremony, March 20, 2019

Perusing the BBC website today and came across a link to their national motorsport of speedway racing. For those of you not familiar with the sport, here is a link:

SPEEDWAY GB - British Speedway Official Website