Backyard RC Grasstrack

Old 03-20-2019, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Backyard RC Grasstrack

Hello from Houston.Here is an image of the backyard oval completed and dedicated today. It is short and tight, but offers great fun. Basing the race events off the British motorcycle grass track series. It is a stadium truck course. I'll be running timed events with my RC10GTe conversions and a RC10T3 ST.

Cheers. AC
Old 05-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default May Update

Things are moving along swimmingly with the track. Conducted a number of test and practice sessions. Event opener, Spanish ST GP, last weekend was a rain out. Happens. Program for races follows full size Formula 1 events taking the event name from their schedule. Rules and points package is coming together, but will probably take most of this first year to fully flesh out what works.

Have decided to migrate my info on this track from the 'Racing Forum' to here at 'Texas Racing'. Think it is a better fit. Next event is the Monaco ST GP (Monaco Stadium Truck Grand Prix), May 23-26. That gives me four days to fit in a one-hour race. Should be doable.

Here is latest track image. Pure track. No cones, pipes, flags or banners. Taken in civil twilight as the plan is to conduct at least two night events.

Hope you guys are along for the ride. Should be interesting how it shakes out. Cheers and Regards. AC

Old 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default RC ST GP de Monaco

This morning's backyard grasstrack event up on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXwK...ature=youtu.be

RC10GTe brushless conversion ST qualified Q6 and finished P5 in the event. 10-lap qualifying time of 1min:49sec with a 2sec penalty add on for a net time 1:51 dropped it from Q5 to Q6 in qualifying. 10-lap race time of 1:46 for a P5 finish and 10 series points.

Cheers. AC
Old 05-31-2019, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Track Test Session

RC10T3 and Futaba 4PLS radio set on the driver stand with track outline visible in the background. All are progressing well toward the June 7-9 backyard event. Being two 10-lap test sessions, only Start/Finish cones were set out. No piping or hazard markers required. Makes for a clean-looking track.

Image taken with my Galaxy J3 V smart phone. Just figured out this morning how to transfer images from the phone to my laptop for sharing on a forum. Actually better quality images than my old digicam takes. Cheers and enjoy. AC

Old 09-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Belgian Stadium Truck Grand Prix

Greetings. Been a while since posting to this thread. Time to pick up the pace. Track is weathering the hot, humid Texas summer o.k. Summer break is over and fall season began this weekend.

Typical Texas summer Saturday morning found that portion of the track in the shade still a bit dew damp. 84deg F temp., 74% hum., Moderate UV with more sun than clouds.

On the grid for first time this season for a one-event only race is the RC10T4 '7 Truck'. She raced a 44-lap event. The '7 Truck' posted a 10-lap qualifying time of 1min:34sec (1:34). Adding on the 4sec penalty gave her an adjusted time of 1:38 and qualifying her Q4. Next came the 10-lap race where she posted a time of 1:39, barely squeeking into a P4 finish and scoring 12 season points.

Top image is bare track close cut for the event; middle image track race-ready for the event; bottom image RC10T4.

Cheers. AC

Old Today, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Night Test Session

First try at running the oval after sunset last night. 10-Lap Test Session with the RC10T3. Went well. Ready now to run off a full event. Lighting provided by a 1000 watt twin-Halogen light set.
Cheers. AC

1000 watt twin-halogen's

Sunset on the oval 7:26 P.M. CDT

From the driver stand 8:10 P.M. CDT