Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships >

2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships

King's RC Raceway will be hosting this year's Midwest Outdoor Championships on Saturday, September 1st.

We are pleased to announce that a new sponsor has stepped up and is putting up a $1000 in cash payouts to the Top 5 finishers of a new class... 1/8th Electric Short Course. 1/8th Electric Buggy conversions are welcome... as are 4s Lipo's and 1/8th scale motors. Entries must be fitted with a short course body and short course tires.

More info on the race and this new class coming soon.

The race flyer is attached to this post.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-kings-moc5.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For all my friends that I've raced with at SRI, The Hawk Pit, The Boneyard and the Knoxville Club track... if you haven't driven on one of Steve King's Layouts, you are missing out!

Besides, running at King's track outside of Cincinnati (which is my favorite track), I just ran the track he designed for Mo Denton's RC Palooza up near Toledo... it was totally sick!

Here's a video link for the RC Palooza track to give you an idea...

http://youtu.be/HYlAY1JoEXo

Most of the fast (and sponsored) guys from Indiana, Ohio and Michigan I've talked will be there... including Ralph Krum, Dave Taylor, Mo Denton, Jim Couch, Ron Waugh, Mike Harris, Dylan Gerard and more! Hope to see the fast guys from Kentucky and Tennessee at the Championships... but don't expect to win anything.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here are some pix of the most recent layout. We just pulled up the tubes on her... she brought us some great racing memories.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-kings-fbhead.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-179923_638809176194_1271577155_n.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-524030_638418863384_1029393493_n.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-553786_638419307494_1381109360_a.jpg  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Several of these guys have raced with us at SRI and we hope that their race on the 1st is a huge success! Several friendly and fast people up there. We're going to put up a post on our Facebook page about it for you guys closer to the race. So hopefully we'll be able to send some Kentucky guys your way and you guys will be able to make it back down to us on October 6th!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you leave the wing on it from the buggy
Old 08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcjunkey
Can you leave the wing on it from the buggy
Nope... it needs to look like an SCT with appropriate body and wheels. Front and rear bumpers are NOT required, however.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Smith90
Several of these guys have raced with us at SRI and we hope that their race on the 1st is a huge success! Several friendly and fast people up there. We're going to put up a post on our Facebook page about it for you guys closer to the race. So hopefully we'll be able to send some Kentucky guys your way and you guys will be able to make it back down to us on October 6th!
Actually, several of us have already committed to coming on October 6th, via your Facebook page... and we will put up your flyer on our Facebook page.

THANKS a ton for the mutual support!!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default The new track is built and the tubes are down!!

King's latest dirt masterpiece is finished and ready to go for racing this weekend. Word is that it is SICK!! And... there will be pix up later this week.

I can't wait to drive it!

As a frame of reference, I was just in Cali this weekend and competed at the JBRL Nitro Series event at ARC in Temecula. ARC is definitely a world-class facility and track... but (in my humble opinion) I would rank it behind both of the outdoor layouts of King's that I've driven (King's most recent home layout and the MNK Raceway layout he designed for RC Palooza).
Old 08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pix of the 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships Layout

Here's a few pix of the new layout...
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-6pack.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-bank.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-busterstand.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-hearbreakhill.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-king4wheel.jpg  

Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

A few more pix...
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-leftfront.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-middleleft.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-middleright.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-rightfront.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a video of the new layout:

http://youtu.be/lweRzQb8ie4
Old 08-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default New Race Video!

Went to King's RC Raceway yesterday and had an absolute blast driving the new layout! The feedback was universal... likely the best track we've ever raced.

Check it out!

http://youtu.be/_D7sS1APw4I
Old 08-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships Track Walk-Through

For those of you who are coming to the 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships, but won't get the chance to visit New Vienna before September 1st... here's your chance to walk the track, virtually at least.

http://youtu.be/13JmxxJuBUw
Old 08-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default The Cincinnati Dirt Mafia strikes again!

King's RC Raceway is proud of our core group of racer's... aka, The Cincinnati Dirt Mafia... they are well-known as some of the fastest RC driver's in the Midwest. With it being an off-weekend at King's RC, the Mafia traveled to other events at other locations, and the results speak for themselves:

At TCRC's "Brawl for it All" event in Lavalette, WV the Dirt Mafia put up the following results:

E-Buggy: Steve King - 1st Place, Mike Harris - 2nd Place (TQ), Rob Ward - 3rd Place, Mike Deitrich - 4th Place.

Nitro Buggy: Ralph "Krumbelievable" Krum - 1st Place.

Nitro Truggy: Ron Halcomb - 2nd Place, Roland Compton - 4th Place.

At the Ohio Electric Summer Series at Blue Groove Raceway in Urbana, OH the Dirt Mafia had a single representative.

E-Buggy: Dave Taylor - 2nd Place.

Big Congrats to all of our racer's!!
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-tcrc_main.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-tcrc_nitro.jpg   2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-tcrc_truggy.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MIDWEST OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS UPDATE!

ATTENTION: The MIDWEST OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS is less than two weeks away! This weekend's club race at King's RC Raceway is the best chance to get some track time on the layout before the race... especially if you won't be able make it down for practice the night before the race.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Midwest Outdoor Championships-kings-moc.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.