Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Important,read this thread. Wicked Weekend >

Important,read this thread. Wicked Weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important,read this thread. Wicked Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default Important,read this thread. Wicked Weekend

Man just view the Wicked Weekend racing results, Lots and Lots of 1/8 scale trucks running....come on TN racers, lets get back in the 1/8 scale mix where we were a few years ago. TN racers have always been super racers and represented the State well...If we don't get with the program we will find ourselves looking on the outside.. Top off road drivers run 1/8 scale trucks, there is a reason for this..Associated, Losi, Xray, Mugen, Serpent, Hotbodies and more put their money behind their pros and sportsmen drivers in these classes. They do it because they are in the know and they are the racing networks. We need new, younger drivers that can climb the ranks and get sponsorships from these companies. We can do it... Electric or Nitro whatever just move up, or start new in 1/8 scale. You won't be sorry...They hold up longer, they are easier to work on, and yes in the long run cheaper because you get to race not repair...And as far as electric being more cost efficent to operate truck than nitro, this is a false statement. Electric motors are are not cheap and the prices have gone thru the roof, you will end up buying several for one car and if you figure your run time you are not getting anywhere near a nitro car, and especially the battery cost...I am not pushing nitro just saying that they both (1/8 scale) are very similar in price and they are the best deal in racing, the price is determined on how far you want to take your team...Research what truck's are out there before buying, talk to experienced drivers and get it right the first time and you will save, save, save. Don't just get the lowest priced truck, it always cost in the long run if you are a serious, fun, fan of racing. Just like in golf, football, baseball, basketball, etc...you have to spend bucks. No hobby is cheap, I know because I have been their done it. Racing is great, you get the competition, fun, and excitement without the injury factor you get in most other sports. Dads and Moms can enjoy time with their kids and the kids love racing. Believe it or not, you can become like a Drake, Pettit, Mayfield, or other top driver if you want to. Or you can just race and have fun. Lots of luck, and I hope to see you at the Hawk Pit soon. And remember we are always ready to help you with getting your truck ready to run and keep running...Big things are coming soon to the Hawk Pit, get ready...Hawk
Old 08-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've always liked truggy, but there popularity here just isn't enuff to justify getting one.. I bought a rc8tce at the first of the year and raced it 1 time , then it set on the self forever so I sold it..

I have to disagree on the nitro being less expensive than electric though.. the in initial cost of electric may be slightly more, but once you have everything your good to go.. with nitro its something every week ie. Fuel, glow plugs , filters,clutch bearings, clutch shoes and springs....it adds up quick, then you figure you get about 5 gallons and your due for a repinch at best, or a new engine..

This is just my view, but I do wish truggy would make a comeback, but there again, they cost more than a buggy.. so a buggy would be anyone's first choice..
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default Good points

Originally Posted by mcdanielbro's
I've always liked truggy, but there popularity here just isn't enuff to justify getting one.. I bought a rc8tce at the first of the year and raced it 1 time , then it set on the self forever so I sold it..

I have to disagree on the nitro being less expensive than electric though.. the in initial cost of electric may be slightly more, but once you have everything your good to go.. with nitro its something every week ie. Fuel, glow plugs , filters,clutch bearings, clutch shoes and springs....it adds up quick, then you figure you get about 5 gallons and your due for a repinch at best, or a new engine..

This is just my view, but I do wish truggy would make a comeback, but there again, they cost more than a buggy.. so a buggy would be anyone's first choice..
You make some good points, however I was not just speaking about truggys, I also am including 1/8 scale Buggys. As far as cost, I do see and speak with alot of Electric Buggy and Truggy drivers who have decided that what they have found to be true is electric is no more cheaper. You have to understand the industry (RC industry) does not intend to create a market that will not make them money. It just doesn't work that way..Thank you for the reply and I hope one day you will dust off another 1/8 scale truck (buggy or truggy)...Hawk
Old 08-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottike
You make some good points, however I was not just speaking about truggys, I also am including 1/8 scale Buggys. As far as cost, I do see and speak with alot of Electric Buggy and Truggy drivers who have decided that what they have found to be true is electric is no more cheaper. You have to understand the industry (RC industry) does not intend to create a market that will not make them money. It just doesn't work that way..Thank you for the reply and I hope one day you will dust off another 1/8 scale truck (buggy or truggy)...Hawk
While there is an obvious lack of truggies at our track, our other 1/8th scale classes (nitro buggy and ebuggy) are doing great. We consistently see a bigger turn out for 1/8th scale than we do for 1/10th scale. Our ebuggy class has flourished as of late and even the novice class has a fair amount of 1/8th scale vehicles. Maybe we are an anomoly in the region, but we are very much trending towards the 1/8th scale stuff.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes indeed

Originally Posted by jbranscum09
While there is an obvious lack of truggies at our track, our other 1/8th scale classes (nitro buggy and ebuggy) are doing great. We consistently see a bigger turn out for 1/8th scale than we do for 1/10th scale. Our ebuggy class has flourished as of late and even the novice class has a fair amount of 1/8th scale vehicles. Maybe we are an anomoly in the region, but we are very much trending towards the 1/8th scale stuff.
I very much know that in East TN 1/8 scale is alive and well. I noted several of yall's drivers at many of the big events and also at your track as well. My intention with my post is to try to educate the newbies as well as the novice, sportsmen, and pro drivers that we need to get together and understand that we are a great sport first, and second that we are competing against all other sports such as football, baseball, basketball, etc.. And it would be better advised to have a newbie come into the sport with equipment he can race with, and not get discouraged because he can't run with the regulars and mainly that he has wasted his money on a truck that he will run in most cases a short time. The RC industry understands that selling two trucks is better than one. And to the RC regulars now, get your girls and boys interested in this sport. You get a super bonus by first being with your kids during the weekend and second exposing them to our sport. I know this first hand, my son was 10 when we started together, he is now 19 and we will never forget the times we had together. Ps. Thanks for not mentioning the nitro vs elect argument, it was not my intention to bring that wore out issue us again. My point is getting the right vehicle the first time....Thank you, owner THE HAWK PIT..
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottike
I very much know that in East TN 1/8 scale is alive and well. I noted several of yall's drivers at many of the big events and also at your track as well. My intention with my post is to try to educate the newbies as well as the novice, sportsmen, and pro drivers that we need to get together and understand that we are a great sport first, and second that we are competing against all other sports such as football, baseball, basketball, etc.. And it would be better advised to have a newbie come into the sport with equipment he can race with, and not get discouraged because he can't run with the regulars and mainly that he has wasted his money on a truck that he will run in most cases a short time. The RC industry understands that selling two trucks is better than one. And to the RC regulars now, get your girls and boys interested in this sport. You get a super bonus by first being with your kids during the weekend and second exposing them to our sport. I know this first hand, my son was 10 when we started together, he is now 19 and we will never forget the times we had together. Ps. Thanks for not mentioning the nitro vs elect argument, it was not my intention to bring that wore out issue us again. My point is getting the right vehicle the first time....Thank you, owner THE HAWK PIT..
All valid points. I wasn't arguing so much as "reporting" from this end of the state. I completely agree that you will be money ahead to purchase a true race vehicle from the beginning. I started with a T-Maxx, so I know first hand how that works. I also agree that we, as promoters of this great hobby, can not ignore the kids. Whatever it takes, we have to get them interested. This hobby has become exponentially more fun since my daughter got involved. I have had the pleasure of heading up the creation of a novice class at our track and there is no better entertainment than watching 8 or 10 kids in all makes of vehicle wear each other out for 5 minutes and then walk off the driver stand laughing and smiling. Maybe we should learn from them and not take this stuff so seriously all the time, huh?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes indeed

Originally Posted by jbranscum09
All valid points. I wasn't arguing so much as "reporting" from this end of the state. I completely agree that you will be money ahead to purchase a true race vehicle from the beginning. I started with a T-Maxx, so I know first hand how that works. I also agree that we, as promoters of this great hobby, can not ignore the kids. Whatever it takes, we have to get them interested. This hobby has become exponentially more fun since my daughter got involved. I have had the pleasure of heading up the creation of a novice class at our track and there is no better entertainment than watching 8 or 10 kids in all makes of vehicle wear each other out for 5 minutes and then walk off the driver stand laughing and smiling. Maybe we should learn from them and not take this stuff so seriously all the time, huh?
Thank you, and yes we can learn from them....Hawk