Action Hobby Speedway

Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

sorry matt. you should get a mini 8ight and race mini class with us!!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by platgof
I think the track should be watered heavily 30 minutes before race time. Like 12:30 instead of 1:30, or 3:30 instead of 4:30, just sayin. If we keep adding all these classes and another heat, we are there all night. I need to have a life besides the race track on Saturday. We need to limit all these classes and get real, as this means the track is drying up really bad before the last races are done. Imagine how bad it would have been if 30 people had showed up earlier? We need to plan for this. Anything past 9:30 and I got to go. Letting all the classes race is just not fair to everyone else. We need to choose which classes we really want to keep. I think four to five classes are enough for one night. Each class means at least another hour.
Russell... Not trying to be mean... But im tired of seeing people who have this attitude about racing.... used to race at thunder back in 06 and 07 and we were lucky to get out by midnight most of the time... We didn't care though.. we weren't there to piddle with our toy cars and shoot the bull. We were there to race. We stayed until it was done. when we left to go to the track we were going for the long haul.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by novice racer
Russell... Not trying to be mean... But im tired of seeing people who have this attitude about racing.... used to race at thunder back in 06 and 07 and we were lucky to get out by midnight most of the time... We didn't care though.. we weren't there to piddle with our toy cars and shoot the bull. We were there to race. We stayed until it was done. when we left to go to the track we were going for the long haul.
AMEN!!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So where were you the last two weeks???
Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Some of us have other responsibilities as well as wanting to race. But that is okay, I will start doing my schedule a little differently. Have you noticed that this is not a cheap adventure at all. I am averaging over $200 a month on this sport, and that is going to stop. I don't need a Nashville environment where racing is an everything attitude. I "may" do that once every 3 months when they have a big race. I for one have no intention of ever marshaling an 1/8 scale race, and the dust they kick up is unreal, all over the track. Yes, I like the small time environment, sorry about that.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

If I had built that Wingo track here in Clarksville, I probably could have made a profit.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of us have other responsibilities as well as wanting to race. But that is okay, I will start doing my schedule a little differently. Have you noticed that this is not a cheap adventure at all. I am averaging over $200 a month on this sport, and that is going to stop. I don't need a Nashville environment where racing is an everything attitude. I "may" do that once every 3 months when they have a big race. I for one have no intention of ever marshaling an 1/8 scale race, and the dust they kick up is unreal, all over the track. Yes, I like the small time environment, sorry about that.
1. Ok ok ok ok the reason 1/8 scale isn't a good Ida at action is bc it's to tight of a track I raced 1/8 scale sat and I TQ by a lap.....it's not the dust it's the fact that trying to race a car on that small track is crazy... Not only is it hard to pass without hitting each other. But one pull of the trigger and the buggy goes off the track and might hit a kid or a metal CHAIR that a kid is standing next bc some people like to tear stuff up bc they have no respect for anything.

2. I am sry MR platgof I am there to race 100% there to win not be ok with 2nd I do this at every track I go to I let it all hangout. Just like all racing it takes money and time to run up front.

3.Bashing action will never have the RACERS it had a year ago bc of the bashing it's turned in to it will need new mgt and a new name period.

4. Thunder will have 14 to 16 heats at a club race and start at 1300 and I ll be home by 2200. Thunder has it down 100%. And there's no BASHing. People don't use my car as a brake in a turn. Or punt me over a jump.

Last edited by CPT AMERICA; 02-17-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

If I had built that Wingo track here in Clarksville, I probably could have made a profit.
I don't understand?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Russell I have college to pay for and have made that my priority but you can bet as soon as I get some expendable money I'll be racing somewhere. And Steven I've seen Reo run 100+ racers through in 9 hours as well. Three heats and bumps. With water between rounds and all. It's all about how you run your track.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Russell I have college to pay for and have made that my priority but you can bet as soon as I get some expendable money I'll be racing somewhere. And Steven I've seen Reo run 100+ racers through in 9 hours as well. Three heats and bumps. With water between rounds and all. It's all about how you run your track.
+1 school first
+1 for people knowing how to run a track
Old 02-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

The more racers you have the better and faster the day will go. You really do need 20 plus people at the track for things to run well.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Not entries, people.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tim Garland
The more racers you have the better and faster the day will go. You really do need 20 plus people at the track for things to run well.
+1 for that
Old 02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

I do agree 1/8th is a little big for Action... But if you think marshaling in such a confined space is bad, then you've obviously never done it where one of those 9 pound missles can build some speed. You don't even have to be marshaling for it to be dangerous.... I know from experience...
Old 02-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I enjoy having everyone there that I've ever seen there...but leave the bad attitudes at home and lets have fun.

Last edited by tksnobords; 02-17-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.