R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Tennessee-Kentucky Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing-70/)
-   -   Thunder RC Raceway - Nashville TN (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing/141212-thunder-rc-raceway-nashville-tn.html)

Totally DIALED 08-17-2015 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by dun4sho (Post 14139002)
No next week

No next week for me either...
And like so many racers, I have a thousand excuses

1:I don't have the parts to fix my Xray
2: I don't have the right tires to run
3: I don't like LeMans Starts (VTA)
4: I don't like the new layout

5: I can't beat Myron or Owens (VTA)
6: I can't beat Myron (GT)
7: I can't beat EA (TC)
8: I can't stand for 8 min
9: I can't stand for 6 min
10: I can't drive a 1:1 car (Doc orders)

Reasons 11-1000
It's about 990 miles from UCONN Medical Center to the track

freebird 08-17-2015 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 14144124)
So would anybody be interested in a MSR this Sunday....?

MSR?

Whatever it is; Im out. 35 yr class reunion to attend.

KE4PJO 08-18-2015 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by freebird (Post 14145274)
MSR?

Myron's Stupid Race...

DARKSIDE 08-18-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by freebird (Post 14145274)
MSR?

35?....gee whiz sparky...Im going to get a drink

Originally Posted by KE4PJO (Post 14145774)
Myron's Stupid Race...

bingo

DARKSIDE 08-24-2015 02:15 PM

lets see...75 deg in the A/C filled Onroad Carpet room to the point its was pretty cold, running nose and all...lol...great job again Mr Owens.... and a incredible time racing some of the best guys anywhere....love me some fun relaxing VTA and GT/TC....and my little Mya was extra sweet and enjoyable....

Hell Dirla you the man....my Sunday was awesome ...thank you

and special guest EA stopped by as well....

come join us and meet and greet a great group of racers and that will take the time to help and get you on the right track to having as much fun as us....

nashrcracer 08-24-2015 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 14155270)
lets see...75 deg in the A/C filled Onroad Carpet room to the point its was pretty cold, running nose and all...lol...great job again Mr Owens.... and a incredible time racing some of the best guys anywhere....love me some fun relaxing VTA and GT/TC....and my little Mya was extra sweet and enjoyable....

Hell Dirla you the man....my Sunday was awesome ...thank you

and special guest EA stopped by as well....

come join us and meet and greet a great group of racers and that will take the time to help and get you on the right track to having as much fun as us....

thanks for bringing yourself out myron. got your 12.1 in GT. I couldn't find the 11.4 I had back in the the 2nd round in TC but as it's fast lap for the day I'll take it for what my main turned out like. always next week on the 30th to get it back... to the front...

nashrcracer 08-24-2015 04:45 PM

Offroad add a race

Saturday August 29th

open 1pm race 3pm

if you race the vintage offroad class as a second entry you race it for free.

JRSlash 08-24-2015 06:28 PM

Hi! i got a question or a few... I race off road once in a blue moon and ive been to your track but was interested on the on-road track. i have an old car that I bought back in 2003 i believe came out in late '90s. is a CEN racing GX1 EP. can i run this car at your track? any specific wheel/tire you use? class? i have no clue i just blew some dust out of it and put some updated electronics (nothing fancy). practice time? it is lot of fun in my driveway/road. thats why i had it for so long and i would like to drive it on a track. thanks!
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...psiplnsc8k.jpg

nashrcracer 08-24-2015 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JRSlash (Post 14155638)
Hi! i got a question or a few... I race off road once in a blue moon and ive been to your track but was interested on the on-road track. i have an old car that I bought back in 2003 i believe came out in late '90s. is a CEN racing GX1 EP. can i run this car at your track? any specific wheel/tire you use? class? i have no clue i just blew some dust out of it and put some updated electronics (nothing fancy). practice time? it is lot of fun in my driveway/road. thats why i had it for so long and i would like to drive it on a track. thanks!

looks like you have a 7.5 in it with a trackstar brushless esc so your in the right direction. if your looking just to practice on wednesday night you are fine. although I think the motor is a bit much for the track size.

if you decide to race, the motors we run are 25.5 (novak only) in VTA 21.5 in GT and 17.5 in TC so you'll have to change out motor for sure. as for the rest you can run it in GT or TC as is. both those classes have spec tires but just starting out with what you have your are good. if you run VTA you'll have to change to a novak 25.5 motor and and VTA tires and eventually get a VTA body. I'm not a stickler on the body at the start but as you get into the classes, getting with the rules is easy for all of them as you go. if you are interested in getting the right tires but not sure about class I might have some to help you out for a race or 2.

if you come out to practice you'll probably have to ask scott to kick the lights on for you in the onroad room as the door for the offroad room is the only door we usually open. I usually don't get there till after 6 or 7. Scott opens up for practice for me.

if you have any other questions don't' hesitate to ask.

DARKSIDE 08-25-2015 01:51 AM

ive got spare VTA and GT and TC wheels and tires....and just about anything else you might need to get up and running...let me know if you need help

JRSlash 08-25-2015 10:51 AM

thank you for the info and help. by 17.5 motor, you mean blinky mode? what time track opens on Wednesdays and what time you shut down? im over at Clarksville.

KE4PJO 08-25-2015 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by JRSlash (Post 14156571)
thank you for the info and help. by 17.5 motor, you mean blinky mode? what time track opens on Wednesdays and what time you shut down? im over at Clarksville.

By 17.5 means the motor, and "blinky" mode is the no timing mode we race T.C. in. That 7.5 motor you have in there is gonna be a handful for ya on the track.
Scott generally opens the door at 5:00pm and Dirla usually aims you to the door about 10:00.

DARKSIDE 08-26-2015 04:52 AM

MSR this Sunday....

CASH for DASH...?...

freebird 08-26-2015 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 14157608)
MSR this Sunday....

CASH for DASH...?...

Pay to Play!

DARKSIDE 08-26-2015 04:57 PM

could do my Vegas race?