R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #11371
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm not anyone from Full Throttle, but I'm pretty sure 10.5 will be considered as PART of the mod class. It's not going to be the only motor for the mod class. It just doesnt fit into any of the spec racing classes as per roar rules, so it is included in the mod class.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #11372
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bill YGM

Team Associated TC6-Viper R/C Solutions-Sweep Racing-Fullthrottle Motorsports-APH
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
hpisims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #11373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpisims View Post
Bill YGM
got it

yes on the 10.5 class ROAR is talking about making that a mod class

17.5 is stock 13.5 supper stock and 10.5 mod class i beleve this is the
way it will pan out
Old 11-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #11374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bill, Any news on the FTM BL motor?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #11375
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My Hutchinson 2008 Fall Classic Race Results

OK, just checking in to give everyone an update on the Hutchinson Fall Classic race. It burns me to say this but Team Losi almost won every class. Matt Chambers TQ and Won Stock Buggy while his teammate Dustin Evans TQ and won Stock Truck. As far as the Modified class goes Jared Tedo TQ and won Mod 4wd only with Team Losi drive Dustin Evans taking the win in 2wd Mod. I was not able to get all the listing of all the races but this is how it looked in 2wd Mod:

Mod buggy:
TQ Jared Tebo
1st Dustin Evans losi
2nd Jared Tebo ae
3rd Matt Chambers losi
4th Cody Jandrakovic ae
5th Matt Lee losi
6th Chad Parks ae
7th Brandon Steele losi
8th Ken Peterson ae
9th Lars Johnson losi
10th Cody Hollis ae

4wd Mod
TQ 1st Jared Tebo ae
not sure about the rest

In the stock and mod A-Main classes it was mostly all factory drivers with about half of factory drivers in the B-Main. A friend of mine “Ray” managed to make it in the A-Main in stock buggy but the factory drivers was just WAY TOO FAST for him. Their stock motors was running like full blown open mods. No Joke! In my previous post I had stated that I was going to try and run all of the classes but do to me having radio glitches from my spectrum radio and struggling with car set-ups I had to drop Mod 4wd and Mod Truck leaving me to only run 3 classes “Stock Buggy, Truck and Mod buggy”. Here is how I ended up on race day.

Stock Buggy:
I had only ONE strong run out of 4 rounds of qualifying. The other three rounds my car was glitching causing me to not be able to push it around the track and within the turns. With only my one good run during qualifying I was able to place 10th in the B-Main but I’m not sure as to where I finished.

Stock Truck:
My truck was strapped but I could not do anything about my glitching problem. I ended up qualifying 2nd in the C-Main and had a strong run that allowed me to Win. Once the race was over a person came up to me and told me of my lap time. He went on to say that, “my run would have placed me in the high “B” or the Low “A-Main”.

My radio glitches was also caused by someone being close to my frequency (DSM). During practice it didn’t glitch as much and some of the Team Associated drivers was impressed as to how my truck looked but that’s that….

Mod Buggy:
The car ran good but I just FLAT OUT SUCKED!!! I was back in the C-Main and could not even run my race. I had a DNS because at this point my car would not respond to my radio at all. I would turn the car on and it would show to have full power but it would not respond at all to my radio.

(Note)… As it turned out, one of the Factory Losi Drives (Matt Lee) also works and helped design the Spectrum system helped fix all of my problems and get me back going. Thanks a million Matt!

Over all, everyone had a good day of racing. The track was a supper high bite track that had everyone running slicks and was still traction rollin’. I had to run 3 limited all the way around in my B4 with a sway bar and my car still traction rolled.

Also, for those of you that don’t know. I was able to speak with Jared Tebo and as of the end of December or so he will no longer run for Team Associate. As it turns out he will start running for Team Academy during the beginning of January. Just as FYI, he was the fastest person on the track during every qualifying round we (Team Associated) just did not take the WIN.

To all The Team Losi Drivers I must tip my hat off to you and give credit where credit is do. You all ran a good race. It deeply burns me to say this because I’m a true Team Associate owner. So, in the words of “Smoky” during the move FRIDAY I must say, TAKE A PICTURE OF IT, FRAME IT or WRITE IT DOWN cause you will never see a post like this from me again. (LOL) Good job guys!!!!

Later Donnie Taylor
Representing Dallas Texas
B4 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #11376
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
Bill, Any news on the FTM BL motor?
all i know steve we are still working on them to pass ROAR . so it may be after
cleveland
Old 11-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #11377
Tech Elite

also guys order your lipos we have the 35c and 13.5s and 10.5 instock
Old 11-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #11378
Tech Fanatic

hey all: So does this meen that there will now be two mod classes one for 10.5 and the other for brushed and brushless lower than 10.5 mod class? Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #11379
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Bill, the 35c lipos packs are the way to go. They’re the best battery on the market and will make a 13.5 Stock Brushless run like a 10-13 Turn open mod. All of the Factory Team Losi drivers was running them with their new Losi combo brushless systems. If you drivers are looking to go not “Fast” but “Very Fast” the 35c is the way to go.

Just my 2 cents…
Old 11-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #11380
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

im pretty sure the way the classes will work is like this:
stock:
17.5/27t

super stock:
13.5 only

mod:
anything lower

so the 10.5/19t would be classified as a "modified" motor, thus pretty much eliminating its usefullness

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #11381
Tech Apprentice

Sorry but I stand to be corrected Tebo is changing over to Kyosho. For some reason I always get the two companies mixed up.

Just a CYA….

Later DT
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #11382
Tech Elite

HEY guys all the cells are done back orders were shiped out today

we still have some kick butt cells left , we also will have cells

at cleveland if you are looking
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #11383
Tech Elite

also if you are looking for lipos we have the 3800 35c and 5200s at 35c

now the 5200s are the fullthrottle lipos that meet all ROAR spects
and they are about the same size as the 3800s x-man has tested these packs and sayed they were top on his list for liops

check the web site out on low low price on cells and lipos
Old 11-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #11384
Tech Adept

bill when you know if your getting pits at the birds let me know cuz i want in .... good luck to everyone going to cleveland

Johns BSR Tires-RC Madness-Team Corally-Team CRC-Rikter Designs-Team Hurricane-Gotham Graphics

www.rikter-designs.com
www.rcmadness.com
www.teamhurricane.net
cholawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 AM   #11385
Tech Rookie

Hi Bill,

Can you get the NOVAK Brushless motors in 10.5?
They are the only one on the website that are allowed for use in the UK National competitions.

Thanks,
Andy
AndyMcFall is offline   Reply With Quote