R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #10966
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
Typical day at V Land

Practice, your joking right? 1 hour + 50 entries = 3 laps. make sure you guess the right tires.
Round 1, standard setup, track usually loose and dusty, run half second off pace
Round 2, Heat setup, track usually very fast, break lap 3
Round 3, sun down, track loose again but now less dusty because Sr has the hose on it, run 3/4 second off pace or get blasted on straight...take your pick.
Main, Amazed you made the A, put on the corn flake setup, spin out in one turn, push to the wall in another, Wheelies on the straight, finish 6th and complain about the lapped traffic.


I kid you not, this is what it was for years and we loved it. I can't speak for what it is now but I'm sure Fred can make any adjustments.
i have one adjustmant if a corn flake laps you . PULL IT

TEAM PULL IT BABY B.H
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #10967
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,788
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL.D View Post
i have one adjustmant if a corn flake laps you . PULL IT

TEAM PULL IT BABY B.H
__________________
***A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #10968
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,364
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

see the problem is that the corn flake laps are usually main time so you can't pull it.

For more detail on the Corn Flake Madness, proceed to next paragraph. Please leave your sense of humor at the door as this is serious businiess

Recipie for Corn Flakes: 2-3 nitro truck mains lasting 20-30 minutes mixed with midnight dew and dust from the track. Mix carefully for about 320 seconds and case the berm. Following the proper casing of the berm, don't forget to bust off in the "S" turns while occasionally getting done in by the riff raff that actually out qualified you. Please make sure you repeat 12 more times. I would say 14 but you know your slow ass isn't making 14 laps.

Post race discussion must always include the following topics:
1. Did you get radio hits? I got a wicked hit over there.
2. I really hate running after all those gas guys.
3. WTF IS HE DOING WATERING THE TRACK!!!!!
4. Can you believe he is sweeping the track for the F main but us A main guys got the flakes again?
5. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU TRUCK??????
6. Oh god....he hasn't been taking his meds...look out.

Please stay tuned for another episode of a day in the life of a VLand Racer
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #10969
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,788
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
see the problem is that the corn flake laps are usually main time so you can't pull it.

For more detail on the Corn Flake Madness, proceed to next paragraph. Please leave your sense of humor at the door as this is serious businiess

Recipie for Corn Flakes: 2-3 nitro truck mains lasting 20-30 minutes mixed with midnight dew and dust from the track. Mix carefully for about 320 seconds and case the berm. Following the proper casing of the berm, don't forget to bust off in the "S" turns while occasionally getting done in by the riff raff that actually out qualified you. Please make sure you repeat 12 more times. I would say 14 but you know your slow ass isn't making 14 laps.

Post race discussion must always include the following topics:
1. Did you get radio hits? I got a wicked hit over there.
2. I really hate running after all those gas guys.
3. WTF IS HE DOING WATERING THE TRACK!!!!!
4. Can you believe he is sweeping the track for the F main but us A main guys got the flakes again?
5. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU TRUCK??????
6. Oh god....he hasn't been taking his meds...look out.

Please stay tuned for another episode of a day in the life of a VLand Racer
RMFAO

Now all you need to do to finish first is get out the old "bunnyrab" and throw in a 13x2 "the one with the 6x1 arm in it" and ask Betts for the proper pinion "25 tooth"
__________________
***A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***

Last edited by Fred Perkins; 07-03-2008 at 04:40 AM.
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #10970
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,364
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

OMG that was sooooo funny. Clarence got done in hard by his boys that day!!

Dude was running B3, asked Andrew to build him a motor and they replaced the 13-2 arm with a 6-1. You should have seen the look on his face when he yanked it on the straight LOLOL. He blew his car over backwards

And yes you are correct. The proper pinion for your motor is a 25. Which motor you ask? doesn't matter.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #10971
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,140
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Well at Vineland a few weeks back was my first time at the track in about 10 to 12 years. Practice was like you said. I got about 20 minutes in.

1st heat has wiring problems
2nd heat finished and made the A with this run
3rd run broke a cvd in the 2nd lap
Main got beat down on the first jump and finished 7th.

Found out later that I have had my speedo set wrong and had the pucnh control turned down all the way for at least 10 weeks or more. Will be 100% better next time I show up at Vineland thats for sure.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #10972
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,364
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Well at Vineland a few weeks back was my first time at the track in about 10 to 12 years. Practice was like you said. I got about 20 minutes in.

1st heat has wiring problems
2nd heat finished and made the A with this run
3rd run broke a cvd in the 2nd lap
Main got beat down on the first jump and finished 7th.

Found out later that I have had my speedo set wrong and had the pucnh control turned down all the way for at least 10 weeks or more. Will be 100% better next time I show up at Vineland thats for sure.
your better off leaving the punch control turned down for that track
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #10973
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,788
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

I have to agree with that!
__________________
***A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #10974
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 447
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Bob, you forgot one thing...Squares WILL work!
brian mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #10975
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,364
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

squares ALWAYS work!

other famous qoutes

me - "are you seriously running holeshots on the front?'
me two weeks later - "dude...you gotta try holeshots on the front!"

Fred - "Mills you have 12 minutes, that's more than enough time for me to change the belt on your XX4."

me @ 4am "We are racing in Long Island tomorrow????"
me "one day I will arrive at this track with more than 4 hours sleep"

Brian - "dude, antifreeze really doesn't taste that bad"
Brian - "don't tell Randy we all switched to red's"

Fred - "hey Bob, that sign said bridge was 11foot right? we might have to let some air out of the tires if they get much lower than that"
Angelo - "WHAT??????????? ARE YOU SERIOUS?????"

Dominic (RIP) - "What's wrong with putting a 9-2 in my mini cooper?"

One of my other favorite moments was watching people throw mini donuts at the car in front of em on the way to LIR cause he cut them off hahahaha.

AND THE MOST USED QUOTE OF ALL TIME:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ENJOY!!
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #10976
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,788
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

!!!ENJOY!!!!
__________________
***A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #10977
Tech Elite
 
Mike Haynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Area 51
Posts: 3,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well while we are talking about quotes...this is from Bill's race last month.

X- Ya got any shock bladders?

Me- Yea sure they are in this little case.

X- Hmm thats a nice little container, where did you get it?

Me- Oh when you buy diff balls ya get one.

Bill- So what did you do with the diff balls?

Me- Um i put them in my diff.

X- (laughing ass off)

Me- (Shaking head)

Bill- What?

My Mom- And your having another kid?
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy Power - Sweep - Protoform - TQ Wire - Lacher paint
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #10978
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

well this sunday i will be racing this car it's been since 1988
i ran a pan car


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL
Attached Thumbnails
Fullthrottle  Motorsports-picture-001.jpg   Fullthrottle  Motorsports-picture-002.jpg   Fullthrottle  Motorsports-picture-003.jpg  
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #10979
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
Well while we are talking about quotes...this is from Bill's race last month.

X- Ya got any shock bladders?

Me- Yea sure they are in this little case.

X- Hmm thats a nice little container, where did you get it?

Me- Oh when you buy diff balls ya get one.

Bill- So what did you do with the diff balls?

Me- Um i put them in my diff.

X- (laughing ass off)

Me- (Shaking head)

Bill- What?

My Mom- And your having another kid?
THATS JUST NOT RIGHT
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #10980
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,140
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
your better off leaving the punch control turned down for that track
Well in most cases it might help but with where I had it turned to it was more or a hinderance. Couldn't triple and not enough power out of the corners.

Overall I had pretty decent traction considering it was my first time racing at Vineland in all these years.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fullthrottle 3800s sale BILL.D Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 4 01-25-2009 09:23 PM
FULLTHROTTLE CARPET CHAMPIONSHIPS BILL.D Racing Forum 380 11-12-2008 07:03 PM
Fullthrottle Motor sports RC MARKET Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 6 09-20-2008 03:01 AM
2007 fullthrottle motorsports onroad CHAMPIONSHIP'S BILL.D Racing Forum 445 06-12-2007 09:33 AM
fullthrottle motorsports 3800s blow out sale BILL.D R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 07-20-2006 11:41 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net