R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #10201
Tech Adept
 
Boony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: australia,perth
Posts: 173
Default

wolfden-YGPM mate. take care
__________________
ツfull time student-no more racing for me till 2010ツ
Boony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #10202
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Whatsup Bill? How did the Race go this weekend? Sorry I couldnt make it.
Corallykid63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #10203
Tech Regular
 
panther420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Middletown,Ct.
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
Ya gotta put in the practice time first buddy Cya in the AM,

Bill good luck with the race!
Who had fast lap in stock rubber for the weekend Just kidding..it takes more than A lap to win I couldn't get that number 4 off my car all weekend Thanks for all your help Mike

Congrats to you and Smyka.. You guy's ruled the weekend
__________________
Mike Monteiro
Full Throttle Motorsports / www.teamfullthrottle.net
TQ Cells / www.tqcells.com
BSR Tires / www.bsr-racing.com

Last edited by panther420; 01-13-2008 at 04:30 PM.
panther420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #10204
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey Bill,

We had our snowbirds warmup race down here yesterday. I ran those packs you sent me and they were all killer. I qualified 2nd in 19 turn 1/12th and finished 4th with a class full of top notch drivers. I ran into traffic issues in the main which held me from being in the top 3 but without a doubt, lack of voltage was not a concern. The packs were awesome. I really liked the 4600's alot. I tried all of them and they were all really awesome but i saved the 4600 for the main after doing comparrisons. We had alot of DB12R's in the main. Team driver Leon Mcintosh TQ'ed and won with his DB12R, Paul Wynn had some tire problems and qualified 6 and finished 3rd with his DB12R and I qualified 2nd and finished 4th about .02 behind paul. I am really confident about the snowbirds.

In 1/10th Pan car i won the A main using the 4500's you sent me. They were strong as hell also and i also chose them as my main pack for 1/10th.

Thanks again for the help.
sweetya we all had a blast this weekend FULLTHROLLE RACE was
alot of fun cant wait untill next time . all the drivers did well tony
west won stock rubber ,wayne vince won 12scale stock
mo tq stock finshed 2 and tq 19t and finshed 2 . but we had alot of top 3s in most of the class .but yes batts held up realy well wayne
tq and won with fullthrottle cells , that i think was A BIG TEST but i will
work realy hard this week to get more cells matched up i will have the new IB4600S READY

i know smyka did well and mike haynes at the jan jam

good job guys
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #10205
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

Great job guys! Sorry I couldn't be there to see it.

I did get to run on sat. Finished 3rd in the A of stock 1/12.

Now some battery info:

If any one has any older Ib4200's that have lost there punch try flex charging them for half the cap of the cell @ 6 amp then finish off with a standard charge @ 7amp with a .01 or .02 cut off.

Don't do this with the EP4200's or the EP4600's as they don't like it. Just re-peak them after 5 min if they finish early.

Also for stock 7 amp seems to be the best charge rate for 1/12.
You can go to 8 amp if you need more punch.
and also 6 amp if you need more run time. (which shouldn't be a problem)

5 or 6 amp for Off Road racing.

For storage you should charge them to about 2300mah using a 5 amp charge rate (long storage,a week or more, requires a Tekin Battery Nurse set at the lower of the two settings for the proper pack) and cycle them the day before you are ready to race: equalize, charge, discharge, let rest. @ 30 amp discharge, pulse or linear.
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #10206
Tech Master
 
ooliganRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under that rock you just kicked over!!!!
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL.D View Post
sweetya we all had a blast this weekend FULLTHROLLE RACE was
alot of fun cant wait untill next time . all the drivers did well tony
west won stock rubber ,wayne vince won 12scale stock
mo tq stock finshed 2 and tq 19t and finshed 2 . but we had alot of top 3s in most of the class .but yes batts held up realy well wayne
tq and won with fullthrottle cells , that i think was A BIG TEST but i will
work realy hard this week to get more cells matched up i will have the new IB4600S READY

i know smyka did well and mike haynes at the jan jam

good job guys
sounds like a good weekend was had by all.

well done all.

today also has some bad news.

Ooligan RC (full throttle UK) has ceased trading.
__________________
Corally RDX PHi, Novak Brushless, Futaba 3GR, KO Propo 2413, E-Power 4500, Full Throttle Motorsports.

"You aint going fast enough, if you aint Full Throttle"
Currently slow due to : Bad thumbs and no motors :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #10207
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Perkins View Post
Great job guys! Sorry I couldn't be there to see it.

I did get to run on sat. Finished 3rd in the A of stock 1/12.

Now some battery info:

If any one has any older Ib4200's that have lost there punch try flex charging them for half the cap of the cell @ 6 amp then finish off with a standard charge @ 7amp with a .01 or .02 cut off.

Don't do this with the EP4200's or the EP4600's as they don't like it. Just re-peak them after 5 min if they finish early.

Also for stock 7 amp seems to be the best charge rate for 1/12.
You can go to 8 amp if you need more punch.
and also 6 amp if you need more run time. (which shouldn't be a problem)

5 or 6 amp for Off Road racing.

For storage you should charge them to about 2300mah using a 5 amp charge rate (long storage,a week or more, requires a Tekin Battery Nurse set at the lower of the two settings for the proper pack) and cycle them the day before you are ready to race: equalize, charge, discharge, let rest. @ 30 amp discharge, pulse or linear.
good job there bro

sorry there pete if you need something for your self contact jimmy
we will be glade to make sure you get what you need
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #10208
Tech Master
 
Local racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Laps up on you
Posts: 1,832
Default Great weekend

Well guys we had a great weekend and I am proud of all of our team drivers.
I would like to thank all the racers that supported the race this weekend at mimis and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves,I cant wait until the next time.

I would like to say thanks too Bill for all the hard work he put end to get the entire team ready for this weekend his hard work paid off.I know things seemed shakey with all the changes and may have scared a few but I am sure you see it was for the good.

We captured the DHI stock sedan crown this weekend Jimmy Madison did a great job.

We also won January Jam this weekend in in three classes with our new driver Mark Smyka winning 1/12 stock sedan stock and Tq in 19 turn sedan with the win going to another Full Throttlle driver,Mike Haynes who also won rubber tire
Stock.

At the our race we were also on fire winning 3 out of 5 classes Tony West pulls the upset in Rubber tire stock,Mo Denton tq foam stock and finishes second,We swept 1/12 stock with Wayne Vince winning Binky finishing second and Perry finishing thrd.Mo Denton Tqs and wins 19 turn sedan and Wayne Vince finishes second in 19 turn 1/12 scale.

Thanks for the Support guys and we only hope to get better.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #10209
Tech Elite
 
Mike Haynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Area 51
Posts: 3,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Id say we are rocking this season

Good thing Bill didn't have a heart attack!
Attached Thumbnails
Fullthrottle  Motorsports-p1010519.jpg   Fullthrottle  Motorsports-stockwinner.jpg  
__________________
Team Associated - Reedy Power - Sweep - Protoform - TQ Wire - Lacher paint
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #10210
Tech Addict
 
Luke Hobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: newark, nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson
Default

hey guys

its been a really good few days at the DHI, me and jim fly back to the uk in the morning.

my meeting was a little up and down to say the least, practise was spent dialing the car in, 1st round of qual went well, 2nd overall. then for saturday and sunday it all went wayward, i think i may have damaged the mangents due to slight overgearing and the fact my fan broke. so after that car lacked and motor speed.

but still made the main which with the quality of the field is something to be happy with i guess.

so we had 2 full throttle drivers in the main

best wishes all
luke
__________________
Luke Hobson
Awesomatix - Xenon - Godzilla Paint - Moorespeed - ToniSport - MBmodels

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #10211
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
Id say we are rocking this season

Good thing Bill didn't have a heart attack!
Hopefully not a heart attack, but he's defintely going to turn green like me from processing all those cells!!

Last edited by ghuber; 01-14-2008 at 03:45 PM.
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #10212
Tech Master
 
TVMRocket69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lancaster Pa.
Posts: 1,902
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69
Default

And Bill I'm lovin those EP46's I got.

TY
__________________
Bob Walker Jr.-Sponsor's-
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #10213
Tech Elite
 
blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,435
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to blast
Default

Had a great time with all you guys from up North maybe in the near future i'll visit you guys.
__________________
Patrick Connors
FTM Grip
You're not fast if you don't have the grip
<>< <>< <>< ><> ><> ><>
A Master key can open any lock, but a lock that can be open by any key is an sloppy lock.
blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #10214
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
hey guys

its been a really good few days at the DHI, me and jim fly back to the uk in the morning.

my meeting was a little up and down to say the least, practise was spent dialing the car in, 1st round of qual went well, 2nd overall. then for saturday and sunday it all went wayward, i think i may have damaged the mangents due to slight overgearing and the fact my fan broke. so after that car lacked and motor speed.

but still made the main which with the quality of the field is something to be happy with i guess.

so we had 2 full throttle drivers in the main

best wishes all
luke
i am realy proud you guys man i glad jimmy got them cells

binkys right i have been workin gmy but off im realy happy with all the resukts over the weekend keep up the good work guys and i will keep
working hard to keep you all on top
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #10215
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 3,972
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

i will be at 360 this weekend i will have some 4600s ready this week and for the snow birds for shipping

so e-mail me [email protected] to order them befor they are gone
__________________
comming soon MOTORHEAD RC MOTORSPORTS...........
BILL.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fullthrottle 3800s sale BILL.D Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 4 01-25-2009 09:23 PM
FULLTHROTTLE CARPET CHAMPIONSHIPS BILL.D Racing Forum 380 11-12-2008 07:03 PM
Fullthrottle Motor sports RC MARKET Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 6 09-20-2008 03:01 AM
2007 fullthrottle motorsports onroad CHAMPIONSHIP'S BILL.D Racing Forum 445 06-12-2007 09:33 AM
fullthrottle motorsports 3800s blow out sale BILL.D R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 07-20-2006 11:41 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net