R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #4831
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Very well said!
Thanks,
It's easy to get really cought up in the competitiveness of it all, but at the end of the day you have to ask yourself if you had fun. If the answer is no, then you have to decide if it's time to move on to a new hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be for fun so enjoy youself and don't get all cought up in the drama.
MrBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #4832
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoyd
There have been nights when I've been hacked to death! At the end I just smile and say better luck next week. It's all for fun and sometimes for bowling trophies.

So, dude with the problem, if you aren't having fun racing any more then you might want to take a break or re-evaluate why you race.
HAVE FUN!!!
I could not agree with you more. I have had plenty of races where I have been hacked, my home track is the Mushroom Bowl Sure, your pissed at the time due to ones competitive nature, but most times one can walk away thinking "rubbing is racing" and I will get them next week.

But in races like yesterday, where some of the incidents are viewed by 90% of the people as hacks, obviously there is going to be some drama that stems from it, and some pissed of people, myself included.

Look at what happened with the Hara / Rheinard incident at the Reedy race. Not saying the ORL2 is at the same level, but it is a example of these types of incidents carrying over from race day.

Maybe if Bill would have apologized, either while on the stand or after the race, the racers involved would have been able to just smile and walk away.

When he got into me at the start of the main, where there was obviously no room to make a clean pass, he did not even wait on the track, he continued to race.

But to not even acknowledge these incidents, and then post crap like he did, and then delete it, it is hard to "smile and walk away".

I know when Paul got into me during qualifying, he came right up and apologized for it, and I did the same when I clipped Danny in qualifying. I also waited for Danny, something that Bill failed to do with each "incident".

This is also not a isolated incident. The start of last ORL2 at WC was the same way.

In the end I was able to have a fun day of hanging out with my freinds, just to bad the racing was not as clean I expected
Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #4833
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ok Guys, I have reviewed the tape from the ORL race and still having a hard time deciding whom may have been wrong.. I guess I had to be there....

Lets all get along..

http://www.fotosearch.com/DVA007/051-0071/

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #4834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Ok Guys, I have reviewed the tape from the ORL race and still having a hard time deciding whom may have been wrong.. I guess I had to be there....

Lets all get along..

LMFAO
Old 09-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #4835
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

im sure everyone will be friends agian come next race, so lets turn the table towards vegas. there will be two FT drivers there, Mike Haynes and myself. i made a little race update thread on sixfoottiger to update friends back home. Click here . it will have pics and videos. i will try to get some of the new xrayT2007 see you guys soon!

ryan
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #4836
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Lets all get along..

tag your terrible!!
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #4837
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

guys parma called today are first order of foams will be here next week

time to hit the rug
Old 09-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #4838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

fred call me please need to know if you need foams
Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #4839
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK05
Ok...can i have the part number for the front bumpers that you guys used today to punt everyone out of the way?any help would be appreciated!-fernando
No part #, just a pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Fullthrottle  Motorsports-plow.jpg  
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #4840
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Wow looks like I missed the fun by breaking in the A early!!!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #4841
Tech Adept

Quote:

Lets all get along..

Tag too funny!!

Glad I ran nitro because, that 19t main was crazy! WoW
Scooby Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #4842
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
I could not agree with you more. I have had plenty of races where I have been hacked, my home track is the Mushroom Bowl Sure, your pissed at the time due to ones competitive nature, but most times one can walk away thinking "rubbing is racing" and I will get them next week.

But in races like yesterday, where some of the incidents are viewed by 90% of the people as hacks, obviously there is going to be some drama that stems from it, and some pissed of people, myself included.

Look at what happened with the Hara / Rheinard incident at the Reedy race. Not saying the ORL2 is at the same level, but it is a example of these types of incidents carrying over from race day.

Maybe if Bill would have apologized, either while on the stand or after the race, the racers involved would have been able to just smile and walk away.

When he got into me at the start of the main, where there was obviously no room to make a clean pass, he did not even wait on the track, he continued to race.

But to not even acknowledge these incidents, and then post crap like he did, and then delete it, it is hard to "smile and walk away".

I know when Paul got into me during qualifying, he came right up and apologized for it, and I did the same when I clipped Danny in qualifying. I also waited for Danny, something that Bill failed to do with each "incident".

This is also not a isolated incident. The start of last ORL2 at WC was the same way.

In the end I was able to have a fun day of hanging out with my freinds, just to bad the racing was not as clean I expected
I can see your point, but since I wasn't there I can only go by what happens at our track.
When I or my son accidentally hack someone we'll usually sit and wait for that guy to get marshalled and then be on our way... Usually. It's so painfully hard to do but we do it! My son has learned to be patient and courteous to a point... bumping and rubbing is allowed but an all out hack is something you wait for the other guy to be righted and appologize after the heat. We race offroad so hacking is a common occurence since the dirt changes every hour and we aren't factory drivers.
I think my son is a better racer for it since sloppy driving is rewarded with Dad bringin' the hammer down after the heat. Now he drives a tight line and gets through traffic pretty darn easily.
And best of all, people enjoy racing with us.
I can't speak for Bill's race, but I'm sure there was no intentional dirty driving there, just intense racing.
We finally finished up our 8 race series and I gotta tell ya, last Friday was so nice to just have a plain ol' club race without all the pressure to place well. Lot's of fun had by all.

Anyway, I've said my peice... (steps off soapbox)
MrBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #4843
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Horton
Tag too funny!!

Glad I ran nitro because, that 19t main was crazy! WoW
Great run on Sunday Scooby, your car was dialed! What compound tires were you running out there?

As for the 19 turn A-Main, it was a tad rough (big understatement)...
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #4844
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Pat McCracken; 09-18-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Pat McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #4845
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
No part #, just a pic...
Weak photoshop job , where is the driver in the front window?