Search
Like Tree302Likes

R1 Wurks brushless motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

My feedback:

French NATS, round 1:
My V21 was destroyed by the Trinity and some others brands ! Very, very disapointed ! No torque, no top speed ! A RAPE !

Perhaps a bad motor ? If Wurks reads me, send me a one, because i don't want to spend money for nothing by buying a new one !
I finished third, but one thing is sure, it is not by overpower !
Old 04-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I need some help. The sensor went out in my V21 25.5 motor. So I have two other R1 motors so I figured I would just steal one of those sensor boards. The problem I am having is that when I install a sensor from one of the other motors there is no end play in the motor, this is with all of the shims on the sensor side out. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone tried replacing the servo/signal lead on a Digital 3 ESC? I have the case open but the cable is sandwiched between the top and bottom circuit boards and the bottom board doesn't seem to have socket plugs that allows unplugging of the board.

I think I could feed the cable between the boards and solder from the inside, although much more difficult.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fanfor18
I need some help. The sensor went out in my V21 25.5 motor. So I have two other R1 motors so I figured I would just steal one of those sensor boards. The problem I am having is that when I install a sensor from one of the other motors there is no end play in the motor, this is with all of the shims on the sensor side out. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Wow 25.5 bad sensors are still a thing?????? Glad I didn't purchase the V21
Old 04-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fanfor18
If you try to run the motor with all the shims out on the sensor side you will probably wreck your sensor board. Proper spacing requires approximately a business card thickness between the face of rotor and the sensors. The rest of the shimming is done on the gear side of the rotor, so you'll have to add or subtract shims on that side till you get the side play your looking for. There are two different thickness brass spacers available for that side of the motor, a long one and a short one, a combination of one of those and thin shims should get the end play you need. I have swapped sensor boards from older to newer motors and don't recall this being a issue, but a straight swap without checking for sensor to rotor clearance is mandatory, even if you where to get a direct replacement sensor board.

TOO ALL, If you have other issues, R1 doesn't watch this forum, so if you have questions or concerns their facebook page is a better way to get faster answers.
dawgmeat likes this.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Wow 25.5 bad sensors are still a thing?????? Glad I didn't purchase the V21
See the above post, this is where the majority of the sensor board issues are occurring.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ggrant
Hi there guys , quick question for anyone who knows. I'm looking for a descent setup on the digital 3 esc for mod . Can't seem to find anything as of yet , because this esc is pretty new to the market
Yes its very new and not many setups yet. If you have a specific question the R1 facebook page will get you faster answers.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
So is the V21 25.5 basically just a new outer can over the V16 and all other parts identical? (talking about ONLY the 25.5t here)
I can't specifically say as I don't run a 25,5 but there are a few changes between the V16 and the V21, probably more in the rotor flat for the pinion being moved further in and a slightly shorter shaft length.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_square24
Has anyone tried replacing the servo/signal lead on a Digital 3 ESC? I have the case open but the cable is sandwiched between the top and bottom circuit boards and the bottom board doesn't seem to have socket plugs that allows unplugging of the board.

I think I could feed the cable between the boards and solder from the inside, although much more difficult.
I'd be more comfortable getting a pin and crimp replacement than going onto the board itself, pretty tight to get to the solder points.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus
So finally got hold of my V3 esc last night

Initial impressions

1. Why can't you presolder wires to the unit? Maclan can, LRP can, whats so hard about it? Yeah I know Tekin don't maybe it's cool that way? Get Joe Bloggs to solder his own wires up and skirt warranty claims that way? I dunno, just seems lazy.

2. Manuals / Paperwork? None, Zip, Nada, even a little note to say "Download here"?

3. Wifi dongle interfaces easily connects to the phone, Live mode can't measure battery voltage if not connected to a receiver? Erm... ok? Is that right? (Haven't gotten to trying to connect it into the car yet so we'll get there...)

4. ESC itself looks and feels solid, all metal case Wifi adapter is smaller than the HW unit but not sealed that well, can see the case getting damaged on that if left in car.

Will have further thoughts once I hook up a receiver and motor and tinker with live mode. This was just initial arrival and solder up wires, make sure it turns on etc and wifi adapter works.
The first batch of speed controls where released without the wires soldered on. It was asked by the team if this was okay or there would have been another two week delay getting this done, and everyone was more concerned about getting the unit, than the actual wiring. I cannot say if the next ones will be pre-wired but chances are it will.

Still working on better information and setups for the esc, a work in progress.

Yes the receiver transmits the information back.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
If you try to run the motor with all the shims out on the sensor side you will probably wreck your sensor board. Proper spacing requires approximately a business card thickness between the face of rotor and the sensors. The rest of the shimming is done on the gear side of the rotor, so you'll have to add or subtract shims on that side till you get the side play your looking for. There are two different thickness brass spacers available for that side of the motor, a long one and a short one, a combination of one of those and thin shims should get the end play you need. I have swapped sensor boards from older to newer motors and don't recall this being a issue, but a straight swap without checking for sensor to rotor clearance is mandatory, even if you where to get a direct replacement sensor board.

TOO ALL, If you have other issues, R1 doesn't watch this forum, so if you have questions or concerns their facebook page is a better way to get faster answers.
I reached out to R1 via Facebook messenger and had a response within 15 minutes and a phone call and problem resolved in less than an hour. i am very happy with that service.
Ty-bo, tbrymer and bertottius like this.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I also contacted R1 on FB messenger and they were quick to respond, seems you can't data log unless the Wifi adapter is connected as that is where the data file (log) is stored, not on the esc itself.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by papagogo
My feedback:

French NATS, round 1:
My V21 was destroyed by the Trinity and some others brands ! Very, very disapointed ! No torque, no top speed ! A RAPE !

Perhaps a bad motor ? If Wurks reads me, send me a one, because i don't want to spend money for nothing by buying a new one !
I hope you contacted the local authorities and gave them a full description of the offending motor. I hope that motor spends the rest of its days in jail.
Blake
Old 04-17-2019, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by zeakemedia

I hope you contacted the local authorities and gave them a full description of the offending motor. I hope that motor spends the rest of its days in jail.
Blake

Old 04-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by papagogo
My feedback:

French NATS, round 1:

Perhaps crap driver???

Some more info would be good,
- What class was it. On or off-road? What turn?
- what gearing and timing did you use?

Before you go and have a outburst share some more info first 👍

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.