Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree302Likes

R1 Wurks brushless motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the New ESC going to be the same size as the LCG?
Old 08-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carkillaii
Is the New ESC going to be the same size as the LCG?
I messaged them about the same thing, its going to be the same size as the Digital 3.

Patrick
Old 08-05-2019, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
I know ROAR fixed this, I thought BRCA was supposed to follow suit.

https://www.liverc.com/news/announce...QkBp38txOMxkuc

Ahhh nm...clarified here...stator lengths were changed and were too short for the European versions...yikes...

https://www.liverc.com/news/announce...Approved_List/
Over here, R1 have been banned from submitting motors for the next 3 years so no way the V21-s can be used as a replacement. I've heard nothing from R1 on this other than they're "working on a solution" but that was before the ROAR announcement.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LzREngineering
Over here, R1 have been banned from submitting motors for the next 3 years so no way the V21-s can be used as a replacement. I've heard nothing from R1 on this other than they're "working on a solution" but that was before the ROAR announcement.
Yeah, if the stator lengths changed, that's a ban for sure. Tolerances are built in for things going a little sideways in production runs. In order for a stator to get flagged it has to be a significant change, sucks man.
No9 and silden like this.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

I have found great benefit in running the 1650 in most situations.... a larger flowing track may be better suited for the std rotor, but there is definitely no disadvantage of the 1650 when geared correctly.
Changing the Rotor will not change the alignment
How would you gear the 1650 rotor compared to a stock rotor? How about the 12.3 RPM rotor? I run at Speedworld and wonder if the 1650 might be a good choice for the tighter infield.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bassbuster
How would you gear the 1650 rotor compared to a stock rotor? How about the 12.3 RPM rotor? I run at Speedworld and wonder if the 1650 might be a good choice for the tighter infield.
I usually go one tooth bigger with the high torque for an equal track. However, if you are switching to a smaller track you might consider using the same gear ratio. I personally use the high torque on all tracks and then just gear accordingly.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know someone from R1 has got to be reading this thread, can we please get a updated sensor board? No reason a two race old motor that's never seen over 120 degrees should pop one, it sucks even more when I was the TQ and three other drivers also lost one during the day.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

What kind of deviations are people seeing on v21 motors between endbell and actual measured timing figures?
Old 09-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hopscotch
I know someone from R1 has got to be reading this thread, can we please get a updated sensor board? No reason a two race old motor that's never seen over 120 degrees should pop one, it sucks even more when I was the TQ and three other drivers also lost one during the day.
I was running a State Race in Florida and also blew a sensor board in my V21. I put in my V16 and did pretty well, but I have blown so many sensor boards at big races that I am done with R1. I do not want to have DNF's at big races. And for the record, I know what I am doing.... I finish on the podium with stiff competition many a time...………….
Old 09-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is the V21 25.5 motor legal?
Old 09-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
What kind of deviations are people seeing on v21 motors between endbell and actual measured timing figures?
What are you using to measure your timing? On my Sky motor checker I see anywhere from 1 to 5 degrees variant between the 2.

If your looking for quicker response to technical questions, R1 rarely come on RCTECH, its best to post your questions on the R1 Wurks face book page or contact them directly via e-mail.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LzREngineering
I believe the door was shut on R1 being able to come up with a solution when the 3 year ban was applied. Since they can't submit anything for 3 years they have no way to get a corrected version in the approval process. This is a issue you should bring up with BRCA or whomever your sanctioning body is since its their call for the 3 year ban.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bassbuster
If your looking for quicker response to technical questions, R1 rarely come on RCTECH, its best to post your questions on the R1 Wurks face book page or contact them directly via e-mail.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hopscotch

They have a pretty good warranty process, you just have to get a RMA off the website.

Did you re-shim the motor, or did you have it apart? If you re-shimmed the rotor and are using teflon shims on the sensor board side I would get rid of them, especially in off road applications, but tank slappers in onroad can have the same issue. The "squish" of the teflon spacers is enough, that if your tight on the sensor board side, it can take out the sensors, even a light scuff will be enough damage to have a board failure.
Hopscotch likes this.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
I was running a State Race in Florida and also blew a sensor board in my V21. I put in my V16 and did pretty well, but I have blown so many sensor boards at big races that I am done with R1. I do not want to have DNF's at big races. And for the record, I know what I am doing.... I finish on the podium with stiff competition many a time...………….
Not doubting your motor knowledge but, if you re-shimmed the rotor and are using teflon shims on the sensor board side I would get rid of them, especially in off road applications, but tank slappers in onroad can have the same issue. The "squish" of the teflon spacers is enough, that if your tight on the sensor board side, it can take out the sensors, even a light scuff will be enough damage to have a board failure.
tbrymer likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.