R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2005, 01:48 PM   #106
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

alright... I see now. But as far as wiring the fan to the battery wires. Do you splice it into the wire itself or solder it to the battery tabs?

And you say that doing it this way gives the fans the max 11,000 rpm's. How many rpm's does it give it if I ran it through my reciever. The first way you described?

About the screws I will check. I am at my office right now. Thanks...
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:10 PM   #107
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
alright... I see now. But as far as wiring the fan to the battery wires. Do you splice it into the wire itself or solder it to the battery tabs?

And you say that doing it this way gives the fans the max 11,000 rpm's. How many rpm's does it give it if I ran it through my reciever. The first way you described?

About the screws I will check. I am at my office right now. Thanks...
Hi HRCRACER
What I have done is to solder the wires to the battery wire terminals on the ESC it makes for a neater wiring finish. The other thing you can do is to run the wires back through the wire/screw hole so that the wire is now below the DCCF plate, and then you can run all 4 wires through a piece of heat shrink tube before you solder the wires to the battery terminals on the ESC.Hope this helps you
Cool-Can-Fan-Man
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:47 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

alright.. But what about the other question. How much faster do the fans run doing it that way compared to going through the reciever. As to when I turn on my speedo the fans go on?

You said that it gives 11,000 rmp going through the battery.

But what about through the reciever. How many rpm's does it make that go?
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:29 PM   #109
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
alright.. But what about the other question. How much faster do the fans run doing it that way compared to going through the reciever. As to when I turn on my speedo the fans go on?

You said that it gives 11,000 rmp going through the battery.

But what about through the reciever. How many rpm's does it make that go?
As the fans are a 5volt variety and the car runs on 7.2 they will still run at 11,000 rpm through the receiver.
Cool-Can-Fan-Man
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:13 PM   #110
Tech Fanatic
 
HRCRACER123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Ok. Thank You.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #111
Tech Master
 
Doug D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Malc,

Check your mail.

Thanks!
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #112
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,283
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Malc,
If you want pics of the 415MSX, I have a load on my comp. Would probably help you to get an idea of how to mount a CCF on the car, if not exact dimensions. Let me know where to send them too.

Ed
(P.S. one of these days I will get round to ordering another fan....)
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #113
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 271
Default

I also run my DCCF / Mi2 set up with the fan wires soldered directly onto the speedo posts. Connect the batteries up with a heat to go, and by the time the heat starts the motor is nice and cool

The best bit is no matter how cold you get a stock or 19-turn motor before going to the grid, they get warmer as soon as the car drives to the line. The fans then cool the motor and keep it cool - seen lots of quick guys run at least one and sometime two pinions higher than they would without the fan. Actually some of the gear ratios scare me

Seen a number of racers splice a small switch for the fans so they can be turned on and off seprately. I have got a couple but simply haven't got round to doing the soldering

Having run Spektum in my 1/12th it looks possible to run the fans off a plug into what is a four port reciever. But I'd still recommend connecting directly to the servo posts.

Cheers
MarkB
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #114
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBurgess
I also run my DCCF / Mi2 set up with the fan wires soldered directly onto the speedo posts. Connect the batteries up with a heat to go, and by the time the heat starts the motor is nice and cool

The best bit is no matter how cold you get a stock or 19-turn motor before going to the grid, they get warmer as soon as the car drives to the line. The fans then cool the motor and keep it cool - seen lots of quick guys run at least one and sometime two pinions higher than they would without the fan. Actually some of the gear ratios scare me

Seen a number of racers splice a small switch for the fans so they can be turned on and off seprately. I have got a couple but simply haven't got round to doing the soldering

Having run Spektum in my 1/12th it looks possible to run the fans off a plug into what is a four port reciever. But I'd still recommend connecting directly to the servo posts.

Cheers
MarkB
Hi Mark
Thanks for those kind words of appreciation, just a little comment though, you did mean Speedo posts on your last paragraph didn't you
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #115
Tech Master
 
Doug D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Cool-Fan-Man

Malc,

The fan that is over the motor, do you know if people have been spacing the fan a little bit? Just wondering because of the magnetic field.

Thanks, Doug.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:07 AM   #116
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Malc,

The fan that is over the motor, do you know if people have been spacing the fan a little bit? Just wondering because of the magnetic field.

Thanks, Doug.
Hi Doug
With regards to the spacing of the fan that sits over the motor can, it will be evident when you fire them up, if the fan over the can looks slower then space it, if not leave alone. To be absolutely sure the fan is not slowing try the following even though its a pain the *** UN-screw the top deck and lift the complete integrated top deck and you will notice if the fan becomes slower, as it will sound (mind your hair if you have any lol) and you can see it slow down and speed up, if this is the case then the magnets are interfering with the fans, then this is the time to space it.
Regards CCFM
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #117
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Hi
To all that have that have kindly purchased Cool-Can-Fan's for their cars. We now have a NEW L K website
Cheers Malc (The-Cool-Can-Fan-Man)
www.coolcanfan.com
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:15 PM   #118
Tech Fanatic
 
Arun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 753
Default

What's the deal with that drill shaft tool on your site? Does it only work with MIP-style CVD's or does it also work with wheel axles like on the tamiya axles and japan-style HPI axles (that use 2mm pin)?
Any more info (the write-up on the site isn't very clear)?
__________________
http://nexusracing.com
Arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:10 AM   #119
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun
What's the deal with that drill shaft tool on your site? Does it only work with MIP-style CVD's or does it also work with wheel axles like on the tamiya axles and japan-style HPI axles (that use 2mm pin)?
Any more info (the write-up on the site isn't very clear)?

Hi
The Drill-Shaft-Tool covers the following drive shafts only, as the tool is set up for drive shafts that use 1.5 or 1/16 holes
Losi XXX-S/XXX4/XXXT/XXX/NEW JRX-S TC3/4 PRO 2 PRO3 PRO4 New Corally RDX
Hope this helps you
TCCFM
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #120
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

Hi Malcolm,
hope you have some spare fans... need a new one after a racing incident broke one last weekend at Snett. Will try and catch up with you at WLRC on Sat if you are there.

Measured up for the Stinger yet???? Mine will be available at some point if you need to do a bit of measuring.

Gaz
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRT.5 talk! sidewayz Singapore R/C Racers 149 10-29-2008 11:49 PM
Anyone what talk about sports? losi09 Chat Lounge 19 03-01-2007 10:13 PM
B4....the one they talk about.... 2PAC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-26-2004 01:35 PM
motor talk murfy Australian Racing 40 01-30-2004 12:18 AM
1/12 talk ultra_low_life Malaysian R/C Racers 90 11-22-2003 08:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net