R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #556
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well our fearless leader is off to Vegas by ground. that boy ain't right. 1800 miles in a rented Subaru wagon... well it does have sport shift and 130 limited top speed. but I don't know if the heated seats and heated wippers are going to help in vegas. he had a box'o'batteries so I hope he has mine with him.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
well our fearless leader is off to Vegas by ground. that boy ain't right. 1800 miles in a rented Subaru wagon... well it does have sport shift and 130 limited top speed. but I don't know if the heated seats and heated wippers are going to help in vegas. he had a box'o'batteries so I hope he has mine with him.
that AIN'T right - that is a long trek man.....and dirla - already got my box o'batts - and it's on this year - best 2 out of 3 - Vegas last year - Dirla, Snowbirds this year - McGoo, Vegas 2006 - ?????
Old 09-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #558
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Should we all take bets on how many speeding tickets he'll get along the way? How many times he takes a wrong turn? And how many empty pop bottles are in the car at the end of the trip?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #559
Tech Elite

I say about 5 vault 20 oz bottles... and one speeding ticket although he did buy a new radar detector of course that's after I got my ticket driving his car up to the sizzler. wrong turns might be harder it's 40 for like 1700 miles then north to vegas. if he misses a turn he's in trouble.... he said he would pipe in when he got to Albuquerque unless he takes a right turn there!
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.

Last edited by nashrcracer; 09-14-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:06 PM   #560
Tech Fanatic

Did he ever get his car back from Cincy?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #561
Tech Elite

ya we went up to cincy labor day weekend for some more practice at world of hobbies and drove it back. well he drove it back I drove the hooptie grand marquis!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm in amarillo dirla you need to go back to school and learn cities and states.

I've been emptying my drinks at every gas stop but there are currently 4 bottles in the car LOL

no tickets as of yet and I'm 952 miles into the trip about 56 miles past halfway I'll be in vegas tomorrow night.

subaru outbacks need a little more HP but it did do great in the rain couldn't hardly break it loose with the 4wd and the lights can blind people LOL

I've verified 115 mph but couldn't find a stretch to hit the 130 though w/o officers present LOL

it is 40west all the way no wrong turns yet.
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 PM   #563

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

LOL Good to hear you are making a safe trip. Can't wait to race in vegas...Let all the ripping commense lol. Sticks are with you dad said, sweet!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:53 PM   #564
Tech Regular

Michael Did you bring the Kitchen sink with you like Eric does. 5 bags for a club race LOL Have fun and see you in a few days. Dirla what time are you flying in?? I think that I get there around 1:30PM. See you all in a few.
beanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #565
Tech Elite

hoover dam closed for wreck.... skeen has to detour through laughin. more at 11
Old 09-17-2006, 03:39 PM   #566
Tech Fanatic

So did the bang bus make it in one piece? LOL

Hey Skeen all packed up, 85 lbs worth of crap in the check baggang, now I just need clothes.

See ya in about 54 hours....
Old 09-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #567
Tech Elite

ya he made it late friday night. as for baggage I am hoping to get it under 2 50 pounders and carry on my clothing and laptop. fly out tuesday myself.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:27 AM   #568
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JSJ Racing

Team ThunderRc's batteries set new track record at Lail Speedway in 13.5 Brushless class. Thanks for the great cells Michael.
JSJ Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #569

Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Skeen-You making it to the classic? I am leaving late Friday night and arriving Sat Morning. I am loving the Xray....I'm ready to whip some ass this time around lol
Old 10-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #570
Tech Elite

yes the "LA" branch of Thunder RC will be at the classicalthought I haven't gotten seaball to confirm but I need to figure out if my setup for hi traction works for my T2 as vegas suked royally and it was a slip and slide. I don't want to change the setup and it will probably be the last race I run my T2 before snowbirds. but I need to redeem myself with Magoo as he completely killed me at vegas. so the match is on.