R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #1246
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

Curtis,

Hello! I was able to have a talk with Allan Hizon (STRIKER) and he told me how much help you gave him during the IIC held in Vegas. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!! He's said soooo many good stuff about you... wish I could go to FEMCA in Malaysia to be able to meet you in person looks like my DC Drivers are goin including STRIKER Thanks again

Carlo D.
XRCH
Old 11-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #1247
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

You know Ernie: I’m an average US citizen, modest income, married, have a mortgage and a car payment, and now putting the wife through school. I make a decent living (at best), work well over 80 hours a week, and why, because I love doing what I do…. You know at one time I would have considered to you to be a friend, but your business ethicist has got in the way of that, much like you have trampled over others in the past….

Now speaking for 90% of the population here in the United States, ”The Average Joe”, the little guy, when some one takes away something that is owed to you WE (again, the average Joe here) take it personally, which I’m sure most of the people here can relate to. We’ve all been ripped of some how, either through Ebay or direct dealing with unscrupulous individuals, bottom line, it SUCKS!!!!….

I spent 2 1/2 day preparing your order, per the specifications given to me at the time. Winding arms isn’t the easiest work, but defiantly isn’t the hardest either, just time consuming. There was absolutely NO reason why you shouldn’t have been able to pay me the extra money that was owed, Jesus Christ (sorry lord), but you probably grossed 10 Million dollars last year, I grossed 1% of that at best!!! Someone from your company made a mistake, which happens, you should have been the bigger person and paid what was DUE…. Ernie there was no reason for you to rip me off, other than you wanting to flex your muscles, trying to show me who’s boss, ya you’re a real tuff guy aren’t you?

I gave you the ultimatum to settle this debt for 80% of what's owed; this is fair enough via the business ethics you dealt me. You haven’t even counter offered by crediting us with what you short changed us for in the first place!!!! (See DC Inv # 430). Ernie, This just shows what type of company you really run. You’d rather rip off a hard working citizen (the little guy, the average Joe) than suck up your mistake and be out of packed a few bucks. You’re a class act, a perfect example of how to make it to the top by stepping on those that helped you get there, just ask you employees….

You know, it’s no wonder why you need to run 20 pages of advertising in RC Car Action and need to sponsor/PAY the most drivers in the industry to TRY and stay on top. Perhaps if you’d just realize that the average Joe (your customers) doesn’t like being taken advantage of and only requires what’s’ being promised to him in the fist place you’d be a richer, healthier individual, and everyone would love you for it….You’ve got a great personality, great people skills (except for on this occasion) great humor and fun to be around (for the most part). What on gods green earth would posses you to take advantage of me? I still don’t get it….

I have heard of your recent health issues, and I sincerely wish you the best oh health. Your children need a positive roll model in there life, someone to teach them right from wrong, someone to teach them the ethics that was left out of your upbringing….

My offer still stands, 80% of the total amount due, or I’ll see you in small claims court, and then I can actually get the money you owe me credited to this!!!

Best Regards,

Curtis Schlaht Jr.
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #1248
Tech Adept

Default Curtis.......

How many people wrote your response? First you start off with a positive response and then go on to insult me with inuendo's and half-truths which you know are not true......

With respect to the order you did for us......you know there was a problem with this. We could not use it! But thats for another time.

In an effort to put this behind us and move forward I will accept your counter-proposal of 80% plus the service (bank) charges for the bounced checks. If that is acceptable to you....please lets get this taken care of and lets both of us move forward

Thanks for the kind words about my health and children I do appreciate that.

Will you be in Cleveland this year?
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #1249
Tech Regular

When I started reading Big Jim Greenemeyer's posts at rccars I notice how angry he was with Trinity and Ernie P in particular. At first I though it was just a disgruntled employee, but this just seems a trend with Trinity past employees. Most of them seem to have been screw some way or another. Ernie, this should give you a clue that you can't just "use and abused" your employees then try to make yourself look innocent. I read the interview you did with Derek Buono of Extreme r/c Cars, there you recognized yourself as not to be one of the more likeable guys because of your business practices and also said to have mellow out because your recent heart problems. Once again I think you are forgetting whats really important in life. You can't take the money with you! and We can be inmortal as we remain in other people's memories. Big Jim died with practically nothing but his beloved corvette but his memory goes on, he gave a wealth of knowledge away,I just hope he relinquished his anger before he passed away. Usually people realize this things when faced with a near death experience, but soon forget as they start to feel better. Use your second chance wisely, Karma does happen .

Sincerely,
Gilberto Santos
www.mikeshobbyshop.com Racer
20 years in the hobby
porsche928gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #1250
Tech Adept

Interesting......for a one-sided story. I hired Big Jim TWICE when no one else would.......I knew him for over 15 years. You're right he was a great knowledgable person but he did not care about things like organization, paying bills etc etc. I was on "good terms with Jim before he died"...actually I spoke to him several times the day before he died

And yes...Jim owed me money like lots of other people. However that wasnt the same situation here....."since Jim did not have the money". Curtis does and refused to pay!!!

Stop reprimanding people when you have NO IDEA of the full story. It is easy to cheer for people who give you your stuff for free or a discount.......sometimes its hard to risk those things in favor "of doing and backing what is right'
Old 11-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #1251
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
How many people wrote your response? First you start off with a positive response and then go on to insult me with inuendo's and half-truths which you know are not true......

With respect to the order you did for us......you know there was a problem with this. We could not use it! But thats for another time.

In an effort to put this behind us and move forward I will accept your counter-proposal of 80% plus the service (bank) charges for the bounced checks. If that is acceptable to you....please lets get this taken care of and lets both of us move forward

Thanks for the kind words about my health and children I do appreciate that.

Will you be in Cleveland this year?

Fair enough sir, you've got mail (actually I'm tying it now).... BTW, yes I will be in Cleveland this year (my first time )...

Curtis,
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:46 PM   #1252
Tech Adept

Default gilberto

When I did the interview with Derek I mentioned that the majority of people in the "inner circle" of manufacturers might not like me....I said that was due to "not understanding" how I did business (by the book)....not by "these slanderous business tactics". what business tactics? Trying to get people to pay you, guaranteeing battery companies millions so we could bring in a cell to our hobby that otherwise could not have been sold due to the small volume of cells used, paying racers by contract and actually expect them to "DO SOMETHING" for the money instead of just racing three times per year. Are these business tactics........that are unacceptable? Not in the REAL WORlD

With respect to my heart attack and the second time around....I apprecaite your comments on this and I will and have started to change in ways and am spending less time on work and more time with my family....so thanks for that.

As far as "changing the way I live my life" I dont think I will have much to change......although people portray me as a MONSTER up here....it is basically due to the fact that they cannot compete with me and it is far easier to make excuses and blame someone than do bring your A game and beat someone like I did in the beginning.....
Old 11-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #1253
Tech Regular

Ernie, I am not defending anyone and I am not sponsored by anyone either.
I buy everything I have with my hard earn money. But that is not the point,
I just want you to realized why you've been dealt the cards you have. And by the way It is only saying for own sake. True I may not know the whole story but I'm part of the public perception of you.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #1254
Tech Adept

Default Gilberto

Have you ever met me? Then how can you jump on a bandwagon of people who over the years have used innuendo and half-truths to portray me in a way which is profitible for them......

Can you see my point?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #1255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Dealt the cards you have? Dude I'd like to be dealt Ernies cards any day.....
Old 11-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #1256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I think the only other person he didnt out motor was the other DC 19T I tuned

pretty sure that he didnt out motor me... i won... and tq'ed. jus playin

heavy weight bout- ding ding!

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #1257
Tech Regular

Not, I haven't have the grace of meeting you personally. I can only relate by the image portrayed of your public persona and the past experiences with your products. I'm sure your a very likeable guy, but nobody is perfect! It
just doesn't look good in your part when this thing is exposed in public. Remember the photos of you in XRCcars looking good and succesfull, riding in style in the limo, smoking your stoggies. Well you were looking like a megastar!. Now this feuding in here is making you look like "Goliath vs David". So who do you think the people will most likely going to symphatize with?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #1258
Tech Adept

I would hope they would leave "images" aside and concentrate on who is right or wrong......guess that is too idealistic a notion here though.....
Old 11-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #1259
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

On a happier note, Ernie when you were having dinner at Phil Jackson's house last week did he say how he's getting along with Kobe?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #1260
Tech Legend

I would bet if any of you`s were to be owed a whole lot of Mola from Dc ...

Would of done the same or even more as the Big E had to do.....

Dead beats deserve what they get......
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote