R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #1171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It would seem to me that ROAR would measure the cells in their raw form, not in their ready to race (zapped, cycled, whatevered). Measure some raw cells then make your statements. Untill then you are not comparing "apples with apples".

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #1172
Tech Adept

Blimey, Trinity talking about business ethics? Never thought i'd see the day that happened!
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #1173
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
Ernie! I wander what the compensation fees would be for slander? Lets face it you have lined yourself up for it by posting what you have posted on here.

For everyone out there who is reading this i have orderd things of Curtis and when he has been out of stock he has offerd to put them on back order,but most often has given me a full refund straight away! Even thow i have never met him im sure he is a straight up guy because if he wasnt im sure he could have taken my money and run.

Indeed, as Ernie is the COE of Trinity Products Inc. they are liable for slander, that’s what a layer just emailed me….. See as a business, which we are incorporated here in the state of Texas, by law Trinity Products Inc. is obligated to take a legal approach at debt recovery whether that be by law suite, debt recovery company (collections) Ect.. By posting such sensitive information as this in a PUBLIC forum Mr. Provettie has clearly ignored the rules of engagement.
So far this has really come down to a pissing contest, who’s got the biggest dick…. Ernest has clearly showed his, and well, I’ll just keep mine in a safe place for now ….

Appreciate your support Nick, much appreciated….

Curtis,
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #1174
Tech Elite

Some things never change.
Ernie and you wonder why people refuse to use your product.

Ernie
I would also like to remind everyone that when the Jaco 2 stage foam were released, they were not going to be allowed to run in the race. As soon as Jack straigthened things out and ROAR said they were legal......Mr. Bill and the US Indoors allowed them at the race....in fact we (Trinity) will be selling them at our booth at the race

So this means your selling JACO Tires in your booth in Cleveland. That would be awesome. Jack would appreciate that.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #1175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

wow... Curtis, what are you doing nov 20? maybe a trip to Mikes Hobby Shop?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #1176
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
It would seem to me that ROAR would measure the cells in their raw form, not in their ready to race (zapped, cycled, whatevered). Measure some raw cells then make your statements. Untill then you are not comparing "apples with apples".
Of course, we have done this also. Raw cells are approx .25mm shorter than these measures. Both the IP and the IB are expanding due to the heat create by the shrinking process, cycling and zapping. I've mentionned the ready-to-race measurements because it's easy to check for racers.
Pole Position B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #1177
Tech Adept

Default ???

Curtis....thanks for the kind words. Guess we will take this in another direction. BTW......it is CEO.......

Chris...yes we will be selling the Jaco 2 stage foams at our booth in Cleveland as I have mentioned in other posts.
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #1178
Tech Adept

Default Pole Position

I do not how to answer a post like yours...no matter I say or try to explain you seem content on the fact "that someone screwed you" and the IP cells. I can assure you that the Jaco situation was handled by Jack Rimer and Mr. Bill. Whether or not your cells are legal here or at other races are based on the fact that "you as well as everyone else need to follow the rules"........

Why make a cell that is outside the limits? Why say if ROAR is going to continue its current specifications and or guidelines? Why would they change? It is my understanding....that even if the IP cells met the rules......I do not think they would be legal for over a year....how could they be legal for Cleveland?

Again......I understand your postion (I have imported GP3700's) for quite some time.....and had to wait as did everyone else before they would be legal.....as did Intellect...
Old 11-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #1179
Tech Adept

Default Trying to Understand?

Someone owes me money and admits to it.....basically says he is not paying at all.......then offers 80% after several months.....

AND I AM PUSHING HIM AROUND!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the explanation........I really appreciate you guys setting me straight and let me just say.....I wish you all luck in collecting all of your unpaid bills....

YES SOME THINGS NEVER WILL CHANGE!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #1180
Tech Fanatic

Actually, our tires were illegal because a ROAR rule was misinterpreted. It was just fortunate timing that they had an executive committee meeting scheduled before the race so they could clarify the rule's intent. Mr. Bill stuck to his guns up to this point and did not bow to pressure from any manufacturer. When the rule was clarified, he then reversed his decision. I know this isn't as glamorous as some of the conspiracy theories I have heard, but it is the truth.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #1181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
Why make a cell that is outside the limits?
Cant help but chime in here. Arn't you the company that made a stock motor that was not roar legal? Why did you do that? My guess, trying to make the best motor possible, so what is wrong with someone trying a differnt battery?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #1182
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Intellect and GP can't control how much the cells will expand but they can control that the cells are 43mm or below when making them. The fact is that a cell will expand as it gets charged for the first time. The Grepow/IP cells are above 43mm before they ever get charged. All these measurements need to be made on cells that have no shrink on them and have yet to be charged.

I'm sure IB and GP will be happy to see ROAR change the rule after they have designed a cell to meet ROAR rules.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #1183
Tech Adept

Default fastau2

There is nothing wrong with someone trying to make something different......and yes we built the first stock motor rebuildable which was not ROAR legal and we built the Epic Binary (quad magnet) which is not ROAR legal. The difference is "I KNEW THIS GOING IN".....I DID NOT WHINE ABOUT MY MOTOR DOES NOT MEET ANY OF YOUR SPECS AND YOU SHOULD MAKE MY MOTOR LEGAL"...........

ROAR eventually made the rebuildable stock motor legal BECAUSE THEY FELT IT WAS A BETTER "MOUSETRAP".....or do you think they made it legal because of all my supporters (like up here)..........
Old 11-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #1184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you knew it going in, why did you have to change it to the now binary with 2 mag?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #1185
Tech Adept

Because if I wanted the legality I had to conform to the specifications.......like Pole Position will have to do.