R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #1156
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ernie p : You probably wonder why so many people have dumped on trinity and now you post some crap like that. Thats class!!!!!!!
dirtyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 AM   #1157
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Ernie care to chime in ??????????

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #1158
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
Congrats on all your new found success. Would you have any idea when you will be able to clear up the money you owe me at Trinity? It has been several months...I would appreciate an email or phone call.........

Probably around the same time you pay Josh Cyrul the money you owe him…..

Curtis,
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #1159
Tech Elite

While I disagree with Ernie's tactics, I understand. Sometimes, when all other options are exhausted, there is no other choice.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:03 AM   #1160
Tech Adept

Default Curtis

I dont owe Josh Cyrul any money and I am sure if you ask him...he will tell you that. I certainly "WOULD NEVER BOUNCE CHECKS" on him like you have done to me.....

I have exhausted just about every option with you except the legal ones...which you will force me into if you do not clear this up. FRAUD is a crime in most states Curtis.....writing checks with no money in your account.......basically is FRAUD.....

I suggest you clear this up and LIVE UP TO YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MAN AND A BUSINESS (?) owner

To the many people on this thread who get their DC stuff for free or at a huge discount and are upset with me.....I am sorry but if the same had been done to you....I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE A DIFFERENT CHANGE OF HEART!
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #1161
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

you know Curtis no matter what people put on here to undermine your company. It is between you and them. Not the world. I think your product is better by far then trinity. I havent run them (trinity) for some time. I got tired of paying top dollar then have it fly apart . so I just stopped buying trinity products.

Now he comes on here and talks about money owed which is a personel matter. Is your little company turning into a threat to the big T? or is it just another way to snub out the small guy from the big picture?

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #1162
Tech Adept

Default Howard

Your choice of products is certainly up to you.....however the problem I have with Curtis you obviosuly have no idea what the story is and how many months this has been going on........

What would you do.....send him a thank-you card and write it off as a bad debt and a bad decision on my part.

BTW.....I could probably sell my products a lot cheaper but I CHOOSE to pay my bills and support the natural wholesaler/hobby shop channel.....

Again you are entitled to your opinion.......and I think I should have the same right.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #1163
Tech Initiate

Mr Provetti,

The business or payment problems in between your company and Curtis's company should have stayed in between your companies as they are private.

But since you are here talking about Business responsability... I would really like to know if you will ever reply to the important email I sent you last week. And also while you are here talking about business responsability and business ethics, I would like to have your opinion on the special battery rules for Cleveland.....

Andre
Pole Position Batteries

PS Now I guess the IP3800 batteries will not be legal for Cleveland for at least another 5 years.... LOL
Pole Position B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #1164
Tech Adept

Ernie! I wander what the compensation fees would be for slander? Lets face it you have lined yourself up for it by posting what you have posted on here.

For everyone out there who is reading this i have orderd things of Curtis and when he has been out of stock he has offerd to put them on back order,but most often has given me a full refund straight away! Even thow i have never met him im sure he is a straight up guy because if he wasnt im sure he could have taken my money and run.
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #1165
Tech Adept

Default Answers

Pole Position.....correct me if I am wrong but the Chinese batteries you are importing do not "fit the measurements of the ROAR rules". If they change this length for you and I am not saying they will not.......it would open an entire can of worms allowing GP, Intellect Sanyo and others the ability to make "EVEN" better batteries that they have now due to the extra space. I would suggest you go back to Grepow and ask them to make cells within the ROAR specifications like everyone else does.
I would also like to remind everyone that when the Jaco 2 stage foam were released, they were not going to be allowed to run in the race. As soon as Jack straigthened things out and ROAR said they were legal......Mr. Bill and the US Indoors allowed them at the race....in fact we (Trinity) will be selling them at our booth at the race

I am the major sponsor of the race...I do not write the rules...I give an opinion when someone asks me........All I do is promote the race, provide the hand-outs and write a check for the sponsorship.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #1166
Tech Adept

Default Nick

With all due respect, you "race and or are sponsorsed" by DC. I think you are a little one-sided.

Again...this is not a personal attack or personal business. But when Curtis will not return calls, email or letters for months and months.....what would you or anyone else suggest I do?

Again...none of this would occured if he could just pay his bills

Did you see the "classy" response he sent me on when he would pay me?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #1167
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
.....what would you or anyone else suggest I do?
Take appropriate legal course of action.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #1168
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

Ernie,

Posting this type of sensitive information in an open form such as this is, well, is just a low blow…. You didn’t see me go on TT when you and Tony P. refused to pay for OEM armatures I wound, because they were drill balanced instead of epoxy balanced, which I might add was one of your employees mistakes for not specifying so….. At first you and Tony P. didn’t even hesitate to tell me to go “F” off (refusing to pay), then a deal was offered for me to buy the arms back from Trinity (which was ridiculous), after 5 weeks of dealing with this crap I get a check in the mail for 80% of the invoices balance, needless to say I was PISSED.

I’m not going to deny the fact that I owe Trinity money, it’s the truth….Bottom line, I’m not going to let you push me around like you do with everyone else. You want me to pay, how about I return the favor and send you a check for 80% of what I owe you? Sounds fair to me, reap what you sow ….

Do me a favor and get off of my forum, this is our paid advertising forum, you know my email address, be a MAN!!!….

Curtis Schlaht,
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #1169
Tech Adept

Default Curtis

I will get off the site when you pay me what you owe me. Curtis....you left a lot out of that story. I recall doing you a favor and taking your check...because we were friends! Curtis....you know my email address....I have never received one email from you......My accounting department cant get in touch with you.......

Curtis...all I want is for you to pay your invoices for tear-downs, stock motors etc that I "in good faith" sold you and accepted your check......

Can you just clear this up? Lets come up with a payment plan or something so you dont have to pay it all at once.....

Come on Curtis....we go way back....this should not have come to this....

Lets get passed this...

I have emailed you....YOU DO NOT RESPOND!

Ernie
Old 11-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #1170
Tech Initiate

Curtis,
I'm sorry for bringing this up on your thread but I really feel I need to reply. I'm glad you are not letting them push you around.... I am also trying to do the same thing. And it's definitely not easy....

Mr Provetti,

I'll try to clear some facts first.... The IP3800 length is 43.5-43.8 mm on average. The IB3800 length is 43.3-43.6 mm on average. These measurements come from more than 500 IBs and more than 500 IP cells. These measurements were taken when cells are ready to race. So obviously both cells are above the current ROAR rule of 43.00mm. As you already know, ROAR is getting ready to approve a battery rule change and adopt the 44.00mm length like IFMAR. They are actually currently asking the racers opinion about it. The reason for this rule proposal change is to make sure ROAR can allow IBs, IPs and possibly other cells submitted, which are all in the 43.0-44.0 mm range. And these days, the new generation of production cells are all in this range.

If for some reason, ROAR decide to keep their current 43.0 mm battery rule, you can be assure that we will have our supplier reduce the length of the IP3800 cell to 43.0mm to satisfy ROAR request. But if this happen, you can also be sure that ROAR will have to check some random cells from different suppliers and from different sources to make sure that all cells approved are really 43.0mm and below. I still have problems to understand why you and another importer of cells are claiming the IB to be shorter than 43.00mm when there is multiple neutral sites on the Internet clearly mentioning IB length over 43.00mm....

Please note that I have nothing against Intellect... their latest revision of their IB3800 is simply fantastic and it is probably the best cell available right now. But I still haven't measured one single IB that is below 43.0mm. I know that some will say that this is because I do not have access to true virgin IB cells to measure them. But racers do not have access to "true virgin" cells neither and they do not race "true virgin" cells. If the IB cells submit to ROAR are 42.9mm and the real cells available to racers are well above 43.0mm, well that is a serious problem. And ROAR is aware of that.

Now, as for the tire rule change for Cleveland. I'm glad you bring this up. First I have to say that I think it's good that the Jaco 2-Stage are allowed even though they are a different tire. The fact that they are available to all racers make it reasonable to accept them for all races. But honestly, the fact that Jaco has some kind of patent on them could also make it reasonable to refuse them since Jaco's competitors cannot legally produce them. Well, I still think they should be allow as they are available to the public.

However I really doubt that the Jaco official approval by ROAR is the main reason to explain the fact that they were suddenly allowed 4 weeks before the Cleveland race. I wasn't to mentionned this in public but since you have start this trend today, I guess I can say it. Our opinion and I think it is actually something well known by some racers, that Trinity and Jaco are working on a business project together. It is really surprising, but this would certainly really explain the sudden rule change..... Time will tell if we are right!!

Finally, with your comment, we now assume that if the IP3800 is ROAR legal before the Cleveland Champs, racers will be allow to race with them. As you and Mr Bill have clearly mentionned that Cleveland is following ROAR rules.

I know that some racers will be very disapointed to see so much politics involved in RC racing. And honestly I'm getting very frustrated to see all that happened and hurt us. But this is apparently the way some people are doing business in RC.... But please note that RC is still a great industry and that most big RC companies have shown very good business ethics. Most of these big RC companies are very helpfull with smaller companies. But I guess there is one of these big players who really don't want to see any smaller companies like DC and Pole Position make a decent living.

Sincerely,

Andre
Pole Position Batteries

PS Please note that I am not blaming Jaco of anything in this situation. Jaco may start to do business with Trinity and their tires are suddenly approved for Cleveland. Well it is definitely a big surprise to all of us. But after all Jack is in business to sell tires and he will certainly not complain about this situation...
Pole Position B is offline   Reply With Quote