R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #556
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Schlaht

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Curtis,

I put in an order last week-did you see it? 8x1 and another Ti3 can-nothing major

Ray
Sure did Ray, thanks... I'm winding it up right now, I'll ship it tomorrow...Paypal Invoice is on it's way.

Curtis,
Curtis Schlaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #557
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe
What is the expected delivery time to Australia?
We ship Via Priority Global Air Mail for our International customers; it's a 4-5 day service.... You might want to check with Scott @ Harris R/C as they import our motor into Australia... Scott just received a shipment of motors yesterday and I have another shipment scheduled to leave hear next Tuesday...

Curtis,
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 PM   #558
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
Sure did Ray, thanks... I'm winding it up right now, I'll ship it tomorrow...Paypal Invoice is on it's way.

Curtis,
I gotta pay for it??

just kidding
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #559
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Schlaht
Nope .... The box must have fell of the UPS truck
I knew I shoulda put it in a box bigger than 4x4x4 inches.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 PM   #560
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

curtis,
hello! the DC motors are now here in the Philippines, but still haven't got them. hopefully the post office will deliver it to the shop by today. you mind if i use your avatar too?

Carlo
Old 07-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #561
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Curtis,

Got my motors today. Oh and the stickrs too. Thanks again, can't wait to run mod again, definitely hit you up for those too. Take it easy bro.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:05 AM   #562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I ran the Ti3 and Cobalt 10x1's UL arms today. It was way to much motor for rubber tire sedan on super low traction carpet, but we raced it anyway. The Ti3 was just better, the cobalt when I ran it might have had 1 run on it already, but the Ti3 was still more powerful on it's 3rd run. This was running XXX brushes in both motors, the cobalt brushes were narrowed to the width of standard standup brushes. The Ti3 was had more bottom end (100 times more than I needed) and better top end (I didn't even use full throttle down the back stretch) than the Cobalt, and even on it's 3rd run it was still plenty of motor. Although I wouldn't go 4 runs on it. When I ran the Cobalt it was noticably slower on its 2nd run. Im not saying the Cobalt is bad, its better than any of the Fantom motors I ran all winter, but the Ti3 is just better IMO.

-WR

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 AM   #563
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

See weylin, we just need to run mod on foams and won't have the traction problamo anymore *cough* *cough*...... Couldnt resist man.

-Korey
Old 07-21-2005, 12:39 AM   #564
Tech Addict

Carlo: The more the merrier, have at it….

Chris: Dude you need to slow down brotha, stick with the 19 turns for a while or at least until you wear them out. Then it'll be time for a DC MOD

Weylin: Thanks for the update , now you need to figure out how to put the power to the ground
Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 AM   #565
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yeah you just had to throw that out there didnt ya Korey .

We were trying to figure out how to put the power down but there didn't seem to be any solution, people did have some great ideas though... "lets spray this carpet with VHT!" . I wonder what would happen if we took the foam dust from people truing tires and sprinkled it in the low traction corners (all of them) and then pushed it in with the big push brooms , I think I'm on to something.

-WR

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:50 AM   #566
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Curtis,

Don't worry, I don't plan on running mod until after Christmas, but I am jumping back into his quickly. I get carried away since I haven't had time for any kind of hobby these past couple years. Appreciate all the help too
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #567
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-dub
Yeah you just had to throw that out there didnt ya Korey .

We were trying to figure out how to put the power down but there didn't seem to be any solution, people did have some great ideas though... "lets spray this carpet with VHT!" . I wonder what would happen if we took the foam dust from people truing tires and sprinkled it in the low traction corners (all of them) and then pushed it in with the big push brooms , I think I'm on to something.

-WR
So in order to make the dust we would run foams!!!!!

-Korey
Old 07-22-2005, 02:18 AM   #568
Tech Adept

Default Faster is better :D

I while ago I askes Curtis for advice on a 10T and a 12T arm. I wanted the arms with as much copper as he could fit besides those I also ordered a 19T Outlaw.
He told me he would wind a 10x3 and a 12x2 and that HCM arms are his specialty. (Both UL arms b.t.w.)

When I received the arms I saw he wasn't kidding, lots of wire and very nicely wound
Needless to say the arms deliverd insane amounts of power, even though the arms are very heavy due to the wire, they still spool up very fast.
(Faster than my 10x1 en 12x1 4mm arms in fact)

About the outlaw, that slot is just what a 19x1 needs
Compared to a non-slotted arm it has a tad less torque at the start but a lot more after the car starts rolling.
You can gear the Outlaw the same and a have lot more middle and top-end, or you could gear it down 1 tooth and have more power overall.
(A Robitronic dyno graph for those interested: http://vassago.demon.nl/4mm_vs_4mmslotted.jpg don't look at max power numbers, the yellow line is the only important thing in the graph )

We don't race 19T spec, just 19T 24 degrees of timing so any 19T arm is legal. The Outlaw is probably the fastest one you can get your hands on.
vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:04 AM   #569
Tech Master

Hi Curtis,

If i gear my 8x1 cobalt round wire motor w xxx brush a final drive of 8.69 in a 112ft x 90ft technical track, how should i gear my 8x1 Ti3 on the same track? i will be getting my new Ti3 soon from my Lhs. thanks for your help.
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:42 AM   #570
Tech Addict

Vassago: Thanks for the report, glad to here you're happy with the performance

Jatboy Joe: Starting with the same FDR will be your best bet.