R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #856
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

I was wondering if any of the Hyperform Racing Team has a setup for outdoor asphalt? I have tried the setups my local fast guys gave me but they dont work.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:46 PM   #857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

I'm not one of the team guys, but here's my .02
Hyperform car?If so,
I'm not much for asphalt, but I would start with .063 T-bar,.018 front springs and light dampner fluid in the tubes.
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:54 PM   #858
Tech Master

None of us have run the car on asphalt. You can probebly get it to hook up due to the slammed tbar even though the car is generally too stiff for asphalt. Try 0.063 tbar, 0.018 front springs, 5 degree front blocks (might mellow out the car on turn in, I assume you're having trouble getting the rear to stick). Lightest rear spring (olive/green I think) with 30wt oil. Light/med damping fluid. You can also try jacking the front of the tbar up 1mm with shims. This is a mod trick to get more rear traction. Ask the locals about tire combinations...
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #859
Tech Master

Yes it is the Hyperform car. And thanks for the information. I will have to try these tricks out. Yeah, my problem is with the rear being loose.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:07 AM   #860
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperform Racing
Today was the first leg of the New England Triple Threat which took place at RCE. Top talent from the region showed up including Jake Pritchard, Bruce Carbone, Brian Wynn, Mike Haynes along with Hyperform drivers Mark Smyka, Jarrod Langlois, Ed Forer, Steve Boice and myself.

In true Hyperform style, we managed to put our drivers in the show in all classes that we ran (sedan stock and 19t as well as 12th stock). We also TQd and won all classes we ran!

Congrats to Mark Smyka for setting TQ and taking down the win in sedan 19t as well as Ed Forer for qualifying 3rd and placing 2nd, Jarrod Langlois for qualifying 6th and finishing 4th and Steve Boice for qualifying 4th and finishing 5th.

Congrats also to Ed Forer for setting TQ in sedan stock and finishing 2nd along with Jarrod langlois who qualified 2nd and finished 1st.

In 12th stock, Steve Boice set TQ and took the win. I managed to qualify 2nd and finish in the 2nd spot with Brian Wynn of CRC finishing in the third spot.

A great time and a great job by the entire Hyperform Racing team. Pure domination, plain and simple...

nice work

i never had any doughts
Old 10-31-2005, 07:22 AM   #861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

.018 front springs will probably be too soft, espically with that front end, if you can get em (i think you have to go direct from trinity) get some TRC platnium's (they are 5 shore softer than a pink, its the same type of foam, so it doesnt wear like a grey/white) and pink or double pink fronts. You are always looking for rear grip unless there is crazy bite, you can also increase castor (static not reactive) to mellow it out and run the front end a bit higher than you normally would, less pod droop and more 'sag' in the middle of the chassis.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:23 AM   #862
Tech Master

BTW... PICKLES IS MY HERO! Nolonger melt master 5000 he is only a melt master 100
Old 10-31-2005, 09:40 AM   #863
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormperson
.018 front springs will probably be too soft, espically with that front end, if you can get em (i think you have to go direct from trinity) get some TRC platnium's (they are 5 shore softer than a pink, its the same type of foam, so it doesnt wear like a grey/white) and pink or double pink fronts. You are always looking for rear grip unless there is crazy bite, you can also increase castor (static not reactive) to mellow it out and run the front end a bit higher than you normally would, less pod droop and more 'sag' in the middle of the chassis.
Yeah good point, if the car is loose, 0.018s might not be the hot setup...
(978) 416-2572
Old 10-31-2005, 10:35 AM   #864
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG.
I was wondering if any of the Hyperform Racing Team has a setup for outdoor asphalt? I have tried the setups my local fast guys gave me but they dont work.
make sure your rear pod is level. If it is angled being lower in the front,your rear end will be loose.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #865
Tech Master

I am running .020 srings in front, green spring in rear, 30wt oil in shock, IRS lower fronts and rears. Magentas in front or sometimes purple and rear I have run pinks and/or whites. 10deg. blocks with ( i have not figure this out) a spacer on each side of the upper arm on the hinge pin. I have tried running the batteries all the way up front since the first time I hit a wall that is were they end up going. That why I am looking for setup that can compensate for the rear becoming loose when this happens. I am trying to drive with the batteries all the way forward. It drves like an 1/8th scale the way it goes through the turns. Again I am thankful to all your help in the suggestions you all have given me.

Carlos
Old 10-31-2005, 11:59 AM   #866
Tech Master

Congrats to Brad Johnson for qualifying 4th and finishing 5th in sedan stock at The Gate this past weekend running a Hyperform Racing Epic 'M' Stock. Brad also managed to set TQ and finish 6th in seddan 19t. Major talent at this race, you can check out the full results at the following link.

http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...p?where=NORCAR
(978) 416-2572
Old 10-31-2005, 12:01 PM   #867
Tech Master

Whats up Stras, tryed to call you last week but no answer. we missed you this weekend. and yes pickles broke out of meltmaster mode, i think he spilled the pickle juice haha. the race was a good time though. i guess we will see you in cleveland. later

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:32 PM   #868
Tech Master

Dude, move your batteries as far back as possible, having them up front will just make the car evil. Also reduce to 5 degree castor blocks or at least try it, and then try platnium rears, the car should be pretty good. Or if you need it softer you can machine down the t-plate, or drill a hole or two in the middle of it or something like that. I think it was last summer, Mike Dumas was testing his trinity car at rc madness (on asphalt) and couldnt get the thing to keep from spinning out (the paved nats he and every trinity driver except for swanson pulled their entries out of 12th scale since they couldnt get around the track) i had a yokomo t-bar hanging around and he put it on and the car was dialed. The differnce its not that its thinner, its that is is narrower in the middle (ie, where the brace would go, front to back) to allow for more flex.

Jrod- I have been crazy busy with exams, i have had one the past 3 out of 4 weeks and i have two this week, lol. I am going to be racing at horsham this weekend, u guys should come down and race, if you are going to drive, just go all out! lol.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #869
Tech Initiate

Are you talking about running the 5 degree blocks for 12th carpet stock? I'm using the 10 degree, and wondering why someone would need to change to the 5?

Thanks
Fast Faisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormperson
Dude, move your batteries as far back as possible, having them up front will just make the car evil. Also reduce to 5 degree castor blocks or at least try it, and then try platnium rears, the car should be pretty good. Or if you need it softer you can machine down the t-plate, or drill a hole or two in the middle of it or something like that. I think it was last summer, Mike Dumas was testing his trinity car at rc madness (on asphalt) and couldnt get the thing to keep from spinning out (the paved nats he and every trinity driver except for swanson pulled their entries out of 12th scale since they couldnt get around the track) i had a yokomo t-bar hanging around and he put it on and the car was dialed. The differnce its not that its thinner, its that is is narrower in the middle (ie, where the brace would go, front to back) to allow for more flex.

Jrod- I have been crazy busy with exams, i have had one the past 3 out of 4 weeks and i have two this week, lol. I am going to be racing at horsham this weekend, u guys should come down and race, if you are going to drive, just go all out! lol.

Last edited by Fast Faisal; 10-31-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Fast Faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:26 PM   #870
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Faisal
Are you talking about running the 5 degree blocks for 12th carpet stock? I'm using the 10 degree, and wondering why someone would need to change to the 5?

Thanks
Fast Faisal
We're talking about asphalt. The only time I would use the 5 degree blocks on carpet is in extremely high traction like cleveland, snowbirds etc when you need to mellow out the front a bit...
(978) 416-2572