Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Larry - you have to try out a spectrum! I raced at West Chester yesterday...fun time running electric open mod. I raced 19 turn for the first 3 quals and qualified 3rd in the A. Slapped my Hara 10x1 V2 in the main and man that is a quick motor. Ended up 4th, just 2 sec back from the 2nd place guy but the track was less then perfect. Dusty...any traction sauce caused your car to car to spin (we were running foam tires) and we actually had to clean them after each run and then they held traction better. Fun day being outside...I got sunburnt...LOL

How did everything go at Jackson, how is there surface now? Still green?

John
Old 04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The track got Vht'ed and was pretty dialed when I was on it. Traction was pretty good as far as I could tell. I got a ok run in the first round but was still glitching all over the place. The surface was definatley good and smooth.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:15 PM
mk2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

express horse power domanates third leg of nor cal challange in san jose ca. jeff hasting tq and wins 19 turn with express ponys . tag great job the motors i loaned jeff were super sonic
Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just got back from my 23T race at the I-net circuit in S. Korea. I was able to TQ, win the triple A mains, and set fastest lap of the day. Want to talk about a busy day though, I got 1 practice pack in and then we started our 5 qualifyers and everyone ran triple mains, not just the A main guys. All of this racing they crammed into about a 5 hour period You were racing about every half hour. I had no time at all to try and tune my 23T motor so I just slapped some stiffer springs on it, kept the quasar brushes and put the biggest pinion I had on it and rolled. Next time I'll have the motor going much faster.

Thanks for the great packs guys!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffb
Wow.....quiet in here last couple days? Everyone's outside I bet!
I was...baseball tourament..

It was well worth it...I took one out over left center with scouts watching...

I guess all that wrenching on kits and turning that wheel with some authority pays off during baseball season.

TK
Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

he he .....strong wrists no power tools here.... Ya, that's it!

Any way good job!
Old 04-18-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Results

Originally posted by Freddybnj_2004
Hey .. I had a family obligation and couldn't make Jackson's opening day... anyone go??? How was it..
Freddy, you missed a great day of racing.

John Tag walked away with the win in stock, Al Sodano got the nitro win, but the real show was in 19t.

Jeff Cuffs got the win over Joel Johnson, but...it was anything but easy as he won by a margin of only 8/100 of a second!

From the sound of the starters tone to the finish five minutes later they were never more than 2 seconds apart. An absolutely amazing race to watch. Sorry you had to miss it.

You gonna be out for NASTRUCK this Wednesday? Unfortunately I have job related obligations that need to be tended to, so I won't be able to make it out for opening night, but I should be able to make it next Wednesday.

Hope to see ya Sunday!

Dean
JRC
Old 04-18-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Bob- YGM bro~!~

Let me know how those setups work for ya...

TK
Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Jackson Express Race

I want to put in my vacation request soon. Is this going to be a 1 or 2 day event? And practice on Friday?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh man, I always pick the wrong track to race at and Joel shows up at another. He's a good guy and still fast! Any nitro action for Joel?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yo..

Hey guys... Larry.. I went through the same glitching problems last year.. this year... (Even though I've only been on the onroad track once.. I really didn't have any glitches... but I am using my new ko radio and reciever.. change from m8 and air synt...
I have a spek setup if you want to try it to see if it's any better.. but it's an earlier version and you might have to have the software updated....? Let me know..
Tyler... I hope there were men on base when you cracked that ball..... oh btw.. did you get the package? Let me know..
Dean.. I talked to Jon.. and he told me.... wow... pissed I missed such a great race.. but I'm sure at JRC we'll have plenty more this year.... I will def be there for opening night Nastruck.... I am going to paint my body right after this post... LOL!
I still have to get over to your workplace for what we talked about.. maybe you could pm me with where it is?

MK that's what I like to hear.... LOL!

Matt.. keep up the great wheeling.. !
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks TK. Next month will begin the R&D....rebuild and destroy LOL
Old 04-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all, just checked in from the weekend. I'll get back to your PMs and such in a couple of hours.

Had a super time at Jackson this past weekend. The track was really, really nice. They put VHT down, as Larry said, and it was pretty much dialed.

Tag had a good time in stock--TQed and won comfortably. His car was pretty good: very fast as usual, but we're still working on rubber tire setups.

I qualified 3rd each round. Car started out really, really tight going in, which on rubbers equals loose, loose, loose coming out, so I had my hands full during qualifying. Latif gave me the go-ahead to pass at one point, but it was hard to 'take it' because I was so loose I couldn't be aggressive. We both laughed after the pass because I started sliding around and he's like, 'take it' and I'm like, 'I'm trying'.

Anyway, I tried some changes and in the main the car was actually as good as it was going to get with a diff. Pretty easy to drive and fast. Still not as locked-down as Joel's or Cuff's car, but decent. My fastest lap times were about 2/10ths off of Cuffs.

I ended up finishing about 6 seconds behind Cuffs and Johnson in the main. Not bad.

Anyway, after everyone left, I played a lot with a one-way and the car was pretty amazing. I ended up taking a few tenths off my times (I was timing my laps on my Futaba). With the one way, as long as you're not completely letting off all the time the car is much, much easier to drive than with a diff on rubbers.

Last edited by jdwca; 04-18-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey John,

You certainly missed a good race between Jeff and Joel. I'd have to say, since this is his first time racing in quite a few months...8/100ths of a sec behind the snowbirds national champ...says a lot about Joel's skills.

Add to that this was his first time out with the JRX-S.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Joel is a World champ, his skills are far better than any mere mortals so even when he's rusty hes freakin good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.