Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Hey Devin..(Speed Racer) Thanks for the bumppppp

Hey all sorry I havent posted on here in some time, Just been keeping real busy and havent really been on RC Tech in some time. I should be around more often if you need to be in touch be sure to e mail me.

Hope racing is going well for you all, Keep the tires down and the wheels rolling!!!!
Whats the deal? Your computer over heating in all the heat?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey all..

First off sorry for not being on here in awhile. Just been crazy busy at home with family.

I would also like to say Congrats to Devin Patterson on again another killer run . Devin was runner up at The Reedy Race in 17.5. Devin was able to get 2 seconds and a 1st during the tripple A main. He almost pulled off the win with a outstanding comback in A-3 to come up short at the line after a wreck.

Also, New DUO-3.5 17.5 Zappers are listed on web site and ready to ship for thos looking.

Hope all those in school have a great end of year and happy summer and congrats to all Grads!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Good to see your still around Tag! Hope things are well for you and the family.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey all..

First off sorry for not being on here in awhile. Just been crazy busy at home with family.

I would also like to say Congrats to Devin Patterson on again another killer run . Devin was runner up at The Reedy Race in 17.5. Devin was able to get 2 seconds and a 1st during the tripple A main. He almost pulled off the win with a outstanding comback in A-3 to come up short at the line after a wreck.

Also, New DUO-3.5 17.5 Zappers are listed on web site and ready to ship for thos looking.

Hope all those in school have a great end of year and happy summer and congrats to all Grads!!!
any ETA on the 13.5 D3.5? Also, do you know about those motors having issues with not being able to adjust the timing all the way?

Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

wow - Tag is alive. When are you coming to Jackson man?

Devin did a great job at the Reedy. He was so close he could taste it. I was so close (but not close enough), I see Devin making it happen...
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Good to see your still around Tag! Hope things are well for you and the family.
Hey Burt...Yea doing well actually having a blast spending family time. Hope all is good there also on the Island.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
wow - Tag is alive. When are you coming to Jackson man?

Devin did a great job at the Reedy. He was so close he could taste it. I was so close (but not close enough), I see Devin making it happen...
Hey Mike... Man I wish soon..But not really sure as wife just swapped spots at work. I hope late summer if not holidays. Carpet season.

Great run at Reedy Mike, really aweasome too see all your hard work paying off.
Originally Posted by inpuressa
any ETA on the 13.5 D3.5? Also, do you know about those motors having issues with not being able to adjust the timing all the way?

Thanks
Ok Motors.. There really is no issue with motors there design was to run 0-20* timming as there is lots of built in timming on these. The manual also states 0-20* MAX. I have seen a lot of guys grinding the endbells out, BUT thats NOT legal and will FAIL any race tech. I did also follow up with ROAR to ensure latest rule..Just in case the rule changed as of last few week..We never know..LOL These motors will run great between 10-20* and gear correct.

Here also is a statement from the motor designer..

"Jim Dieter.. Remember...These are the same "measured" 30 degree boards that have been in all duos since the beginning. If you want to know true measured timing, while it is at zero, sharpie a little mark at 30. I rarely run timing cranked regardless, we... always end up with less and gearing up. Example...Knapp won blinky 13.5 at the nats with what would be 10 on the D3.5.(measured 40) Lambert won vegas 17.5 with the same. Big timing looks impressive on dynos, but lap times fall off too much in most cases. Old habbits die hard, and we kept the same reference zero for those who refered it over the past several motors."

So a great start would be 10* and adjust gear with temps. try slightly more timming as needed.

I can also say we never always run FULL timming in Blinky also..Even at Reedy and few other events on large tracks slightly lress than full was hot spot. Also remember to gear per time of day as track temp and air temp do change per hour.

Hope this helps..

Tag
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Hey all...

All orders recived thru 12 noon today have been shipped...

We still have a few DUO3.5 17T Zappers left in stock on web. Next shippment is due in Wed am. Were hoping to have 13.5 motors in about 7-10 days for those looking for hotter spec winds...............
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Hey all...

Just wanted to say Congrat's to Ryan Crabtree as he was able to power to TQ and A Main win this past weekend at The Speedwarld Challenge Cup for 17.5 Touring. Ryan was sporting the NEW DUO3.5 17.5T Epic "Zapper" motor from Express Motorsports, Congrats Ryan on another victory!!

Also, Our latest shippment of motors we have a few 17.5 and 13.5 left in stock. These are the DUO3.5 Zappers for those looking.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Tag for the HP!
I ran the new Zapper 3.5 17.5 in the expert ramping class and was able to TQ and win the 11th annual Speedworld Challenge Cup!
This was my first race with the new motor and I couldn't be happier! I geared it at 5.9 FDR with 20 degrees of motor timing. Outside temp got up to 104 degrees and the motor ran strong the entire 6 minute main event...
Looking forward to more racing with these motors!!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Hey all..

Hope all are doing well in there racing. Please also be very carefull to those in the East racing this coming weekend as there is 100+* temps being spoke about.

On a side note, Please note new E Mail address.. [email protected] for contacts.

We also have just under a dozen 17.5 D3.5 Based Zapper motors left in stock and a few 13.5 and 10.5 also. WE don't expect another shippment for 3-5 weeks as dealer is working on mods in next shippments.

Also mod drivers the even wind mods 3.0...4.0 ect are coming back in next batch in about 3-5 weeks, For those whom like even winds. Those mods along with odd winds 3.5..4.5..ect.. will all be DUO3.5 based Zappers.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Suspended

Also mod drivers the even wind mods 3.0...4.0 ect are coming back in next batch in about 3-5 weeks, For those whom like even winds. Those mods along with odd winds 3.5..4.5..ect.. will all be DUO3.5 based Zappers.
What you doin with them mod motors, old man?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great to see you back at it John. Hope to see you at some races this year
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Hey all...

Hope everybodys had a great summer season. Sorry I haven't been on here much recently just really busy at home.

Robbie..Mods should be in about 2 weeks. Dealer should have goods in that time frame.

Kenny..Thanks..Been following you on FB glad to see all is going well for you.

Just wana give a BIG shout out to Devin Patterson on another huge win. Devin powered his way to victory in 17.5 Blinky On Road race at The Summer Sizzler sweeping wins in A1 and A2 powered by his Express DUO3.5-Zapper.. Congrats on another BIG win Devin!!!

Also those heading to ROAR Nationals, we have a fresh shippment of all motor in stock for those looking.....
Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yo Tag you have emails, PMS and and I am sure some sort of STDS and properly some unknow as well. lol I think my email is still screwed but if you can check to see if you got them. Might be time for to get new email, I dont know???

Anyway Devin Patterson On Road?? Last I knew he was racing some sort of track packer, late model, wannabe slash car! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.