R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

hey Tony,
I'm just wondering how large of an inventory do you carry. I've got a trophy race near the end of Jan. and then onroad regionals in Feb and carpet oval regionals in March. I've checked out your site and your prices are very reasonable(especially since i'm currently unsponsored...lol). But, I wasn't sure how soon I would be able to get cells if I ordered them. Right now I know our local hobby shops never seem to have a large quantity of batteries in stock. Nobody in the Kansas City area carries Power Push cells. But, i've always heard great things about your cells since your beginning and am really interested in running some. Please let me know and if I can have them in time i'll have to see about making my order soon.
Thanks.
Lance
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running power push cellsfor a few years now. i gotta tell ya i have never been down on power. I have pretty much all but quit cycling my pacjks. I know they are good. I just keep track of their charge characteristics and how they perform on the track to see where I am at. This has given me more time to work on driving and setup. Not having to worry about my cells all the time is a load off my mind.

What a great resource. Tony has helped me with alot more than just batteries. Setups, esc settings, motor combos. He has been there, done that. You couldn't ask for a nicer guy.

Winner.. Dana touched on this earlier. i'd like to add something. Tony doesn't care if its indoor champs,a regional, or a club race. He not only wants his packs to win..he wants YOU to win. He's a racer and loves to know how you are doing. Wherever you are running.

Thank You Tony and Power Push staff

Tom Reed
Ntensweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #93
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba

Quote:
Originally posted by doorman
I have a question for you. The lowest cutoff that my LRP charger will go to is .05mv. Will I end up hurting my cells in the future by using the LRP. Should I look into getting a GFX or something else?

David Usnik
Dave and Tony,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the settings on a CE GFX and a LRP charger read different.
.05 cut off on a GFX = 50 mv on a LRP.
Not .05 on a LRP.
Your LRP should be fine.
The cut off setting for a LRP would be 10 mv or 20 mv at the highest for GP 3300's.
That would give you a .01 or .02 reading on a GFX.
If I didn't explain this correct, feel free to chime in.

Slim, Maybe Mr. Blackstock can help clear this issue.

Talk to you soon.
Tracy [/B][/QUOTE]

Tracy you are absolutely correct . .05 on the LRP and a Novak x =20mv role over on a 4 cell pack.

witch is good

Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #94
Tech Adept

Default Lance72RC

I just getting ready to read a batch right now of the EPIC Monster Metals I would be glad to acuminate you .
Please contact Vicky or me [email protected] or [email protected]

Tony
Old 01-08-2005, 05:34 AM   #95
Tech Regular

tony did ya check out mt face plate?
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #96
Tech Regular

HERES THE POWERSUPPLY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dave-wert-ps-a.jpg (179.8 KB, 193 views)
Old 01-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #97
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

BIG TONY!!i have a package going out to you on monday brutha.

by the way,i ran mod this past weekend with your packs.they ran awesome.i was running an 8x2 and didnt need to worry about dumping.the car was fresh at the end of the race.not much power loss.gotta say buddy,you have some killer cells bro.i will give you a shout during the week dude.

Jason
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:03 AM   #98
Tech Regular

congrats jason!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #99
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by pony klr
HERES THE POWERSUPPLY!

Dave wow!!!! that is hot

How did you run ?Did you lone any pack to any racer who is having a problem like a asked you to do ?

Tony
Old 01-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

Hey
? for you guys. Do any of you dead short your cells? A couple of the guys at the track have been doing it at the track here for awhile now. They say it's really helped their cells saying that even after 4 months or so, they really don't have the power drop off that their cells did before after time. I just wondered what some of the other peoples thoughts were on it and if they suggested it or not.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:25 AM   #101
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

TONY since i did not make the a i gave my a pack to a young kid who made the a against all the sponserd guys i think he finishe 4 having some problems with traffic but he said he had mad rip in the car !!!!! also a girl i raced in the b i gave her my next pack and she will be calling you she thought all the batterys were the same BUT NOW SHES SOLD ON POWER PUSH!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:28 AM   #102
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance72RC
Hey
? for you guys. Do any of you dead short your cells? A couple of the guys at the track have been doing it at the track here for awhile now. They say it's really helped their cells saying that even after 4 months or so, they really don't have the power drop off that their cells did before after time. I just wondered what some of the other peoples thoughts were on it and if they suggested it or not.

LANCE I DO DEAD SHORT but make sure you put them on a discharge tray till all the lights go out first also use a piece of solder to dead short them that way if you do it without traying them the solder will melt before the pack does!BE CAREFUL GOODLUCK!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:35 AM   #103
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I never dead short my packs... I'm sure Tony will have some input on this topic....
Wayne
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #104
Tech Regular

If you are running mod i would not dead short but i have seen in increase in voltage with dead shorting THIS IS WHAT I DO THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS INDORSED BUY TONY HE HIS THE OWNER NOT ME ! PLEASE LISTEN TO HIS ADVISE I DONT WANT TO BE AT FAULT FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR BATTERYS ! thank you
Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #105
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

congratulations to jim herrmann from the gate, the only power push driver at the novak race (to my knowledge). he was good enough to qualify for the b-main in the biggest class of the weekend, stock foam.

nice work jim.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote