R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #721
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

TQ in Pro 1/12th is not easy to do. You need the right combination of everything to be at the top of your game. With the stacked Pro 1/12th class i was up against some of the biggest names in the business. Blackstock, Herbert, Burran, Calandra, Lonergan, and so many others I cant name them all. With every good race combination requires phenomenal batteries. Tony's Power Push Batterys pulled my CRC Gen XL to the front of the field by 7 seconds over second place, but finished 3rd in the main. Thanks for the batteries Tony. Only wished I could have done better. Cleveland here I come!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #722
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default MAX K

Frank , Brian & Max good luck in Vegas ( Bust A move)
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #723
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Arrow Mario

You have a great week In Vegas ,
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #724
Tech Adept

Tony,
Thanks for the new 1s packs for the final T.O.U.R. @ Rosewood R/W in NC. I qualified 7th and finished 3rd. That was only my second time using cap tires on asphalt. Also was running a new prototype chassis so I was at a slight disadvantage but with your help I made it.

Thanks Again,
Dave Irrgang
Diffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #725
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

How do these packs compare to the revtech or OHP lipo's? I really close to clicking the buy button.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #726
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
How do these packs compare to the revtech or OHP lipo's? I really close to clicking the buy button.
You will like them!

I just ran at the CRC oval race over the weekend in spec truck class.
Granted you have to run "spec" batteries, but the process he uses on his "non-spec" lipos were applied to these and I had awesome speed and punch all weekend using just 1 pack. In spec truck his batteries were TQ and 1 & 2 in the "A" main.
I also run his lipos in WGT and 1/12
Old 01-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #727
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Power Push packs are awesome no doubt, but take this into consideration. Power Push goes through all of their batteries and he knows what they are and how to go fast that's why there is a label for run time and voltage. Most other manufactures just throw a label on the pack and sell it without even cycling it.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #728
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulfinator View Post
Power Push packs are awesome no doubt, but take this into consideration. Power Push goes through all of their batteries and he knows what they are and how to go fast that's why there is a label for run time and voltage. Most other manufactures just throw a label on the pack and sell it without even cycling it.
So they are just cycled batteries with run time stamped on them? What could actually be done to a lipo to make it more than other lipos?
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #729
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
So they are just cycled batteries with run time stamped on them? What could actually be done to a lipo to make it more than other lipos?
Jamison, that is a great question. The processes he uses and the hours of hard work are all put into going fast. He isn't going to post for all to see what exactly he does obviously if he does everyone would do it. The bigger point I'm trying to make is that he is going through the packs a filtering out the not so good ones. Most suppliers just slap their label on the pack and put in the shelf for sale. I think there is piece of mind knowing you are getting quality instead of blind luck. All I can say is try a Power Push pack you won't be disappointed. I still have some of the first gen Lipos from 2009 and they still run awesome. I qualified 5th in 13.5 1/12 and 6th in mod 1/12 at The us indoor Champs this year. Both classes had some of the best our sport has to offer, several people in both classes were running Power Push Batteries. You have to have awesome packs to compete at that level.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #730
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Jamison, that is a great question. The processes he uses and the hours of hard work are all put into going fast. He isn't going to post for all to see what exactly he does obviously if he does everyone would do it. The bigger point I'm trying to make is that he is going through the packs a filtering out the not so good ones. Most suppliers just slap their label on the pack and put in the shelf for sale. I think there is piece of mind knowing you are getting quality instead of blind luck. All I can say is try a Power Push pack you won't be disappointed. I still have some of the first gen Lipos from 2009 and they still run awesome. I qualified 5th in 13.5 1/12 and 6th in mod 1/12 at The us indoor Champs this year. Both classes had some of the best our sport has to offer, several people in both classes were running Power Push Batteries. You have to have awesome packs to compete at that level.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #731
Tech Adept

I also use Powerpush batteries. I find extreme value in knowing that the pack has been cycled and evaluated. I am never lost for power and have always supported tony. I was also in both mains at cleveland 13.5 & Mod. I use these packs for club blinky racing as well. If I ever feel a pack is failing I just send back to Tony and he will re-evaluate and let me know if the pack is still good. Try a PowerPush pack you won't be disappointed.
cookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You simply cannot get better packs than PowerPush. Tony puts in a TON of effort to make sure his customers are getting what they pay for....

I can tell you that in all the years I've been racing (25+), and buying packs, there's never been another supplier with better cells than Tony.

The Carrubba's make sure that EVERY single pack that leaves their compound is top notch, and to me, that really means something.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #733
Tech Rookie

You simply will not find better packs on the market, Tony puts everything into his packs. Just look at the results, plenty of champions have won the best of races with Power Push keeping them up front.
OVALALOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #734
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
The Carrubba's make sure that EVERY single pack that leaves their compound is top notch
Is that a Waco style compound? Hope the Feds don't find out.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Is that a Waco style compound? Hope the Feds don't find out.
In Tony's case it's more like WACKO.....
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote