R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 PM   #541
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Fast racing

Hey Tony,

Well this sat was awesome thanks to your packs. I ran the zebra cells this weekend at Team Maximus Raceway, This was our last race for the triple summer series. I ran faster than the last time I was there. The quickest time I did a lap was 4.5 secs. Top notch sponsered guys are running 4.2/4.3. I put in one of the new packs you sent me I ran a 4.3-I am frigin amazed. I qualified 6th for the A main and finished there but every time I ran your packs I was bumped up a main. I will more than likely order 1 or 2 of the IB 3800's. I would have to disagree with some people and say I ran the IB3600 and it seems that they have long run time but no real punch, maybe because they were from SMC. Tony I will let you know about ordering, everyone around here in CT.ME etc are going to 3800's in Sept. Its going to be intresting, Thanks Tony-Keep up the awesome Quality your putting out.

On another note does anyone here live in CT and running PowerPush Cells? There is a race at R/C Madness this sat the 3rd, I plan to be there and was wondering if anyone else will be? If so let me know.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:39 PM   #542
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
Hey Tony,

Well this sat was awesome thanks to your packs. I ran the zebra cells this weekend at Team Maximus Raceway, This was our last race for the triple summer series. I ran faster than the last time I was there. The quickest time I did a lap was 4.5 secs. Top notch sponsered guys are running 4.2/4.3. I put in one of the new packs you sent me I ran a 4.3-I am frigin amazed. I qualified 6th for the A main and finished there but every time I ran your packs I was bumped up a main. I will more than likely order 1 or 2 of the IB 3800's. I would have to disagree with some people and say I ran the IB3600 and it seems that they have long run time but no real punch, maybe because they were from SMC. Tony I will let you know about ordering, everyone around here in CT.ME etc are going to 3800's in Sept. Its going to be intresting, Thanks Tony-Keep up the awesome Quality your putting out.

On another note does anyone here live in CT and running PowerPush Cells? There is a race at R/C Madness this sat the 3rd, I plan to be there and was wondering if anyone else will be? If so let me know.
How are all of you raceres in CT racing at K&N

Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:42 AM   #543
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those of you who just bought new IB's and have put 2 or 3 runs on them and are thinking, holy crap.
Just wait until you get 6 or 7 runs on them!!!!!
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 PM   #544
Tech Regular

Default ib's

what is the voltage and run time on your 3800's tony is sending me a pack of the 3800's. I plan to run it on sat to test them out. Are they worth replacing the 3300's? Let me know I am very intrested in hearing from others on the ib 3800's.I realy wasnt impressed with the IB3600's they were not from Tony so he is not to blame. Are you saying they should be cycled a few times before they hit the track or what? how do you condition your 3800's? Thanks in advance and I am still waiting to hear from any powerpush drivers from CT-anyone out there.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #545
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
what is the voltage and run time on your 3800's tony is sending me a pack of the 3800's. I plan to run it on sat to test them out. Are they worth replacing the 3300's? Let me know I am very intrested in hearing from others on the ib 3800's.I realy wasnt impressed with the IB3600's they were not from Tony so he is not to blame. Are you saying they should be cycled a few times before they hit the track or what? how do you condition your 3800's? Thanks in advance and I am still waiting to hear from any powerpush drivers from CT-anyone out there.
I recieved eight packs from Tony and they range from 1.175 to 1.79 with and avarage run time of 409. I have a countless number of other power push batteries that I am still using. As far as the 3800's go I would'nt spend the time bench racing them just put the in your car and run them. You will notice a differance the more you run them and remember the IB's love heat. I've found that they work the best if you take them off the charger at around 125 - 130 degrees.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:10 AM   #546
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knapster
I recieved eight packs from Tony and they range from 1.175 to 1.79 with and avarage run time of 409. I have a countless number of other power push batteries that I am still using. As far as the 3800's go I would'nt spend the time bench racing them just put the in your car and run them. You will notice a differance the more you run them and remember the IB's love heat. I've found that they work the best if you take them off the charger at around 125 - 130 degrees.
At 35 amps? They're great batteries, aren't they?
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 PM   #547
Tech Regular

Tony ,
Thanks for the call ........... 1.179 v 400 + @ 35 a .... now thatsa good battery ! Get em while they last .
Bob
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #548
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
At 35 amps? They're great batteries, aren't they?
Yes, You know it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #549
Tech Regular

Well I raced yesterday at R/C Madness in Enfeild CT. First time I ran on asphalt and the first time I ran 19turn. Needless to say I did not have a good time. Lots of sponsored jerks up there-EGOS one in racer who was a complete jerk- Scott Law, wondering if his sponsors would like to know how he treated fellow racers who are trying to be competitve with the rest of these guys who get basicaly everything handed to them. Not only that he came in dead last DNF. I am sponsored by my wallet. I drive clean, if I am slower I move out of the way. Anyways I fought the car all day with a glitch and then was finaly able to get around to the handiling part. At the end of the day the car was running great. I ran power push 3300's all day and saved the PP IB3800 for the main. With the PP 3300's I was running 5.5-5.6 sec lap times. I used the PP IB3800 in the main and went to a best lap time of 5.3 sec lap time. I was only able to do 20 laps in the main because of a crash fest-9 drivers in the main and when you have that many Big Egos in a race it is no wonder 5 out of 9 finished. Worst experience I have had yet so far. O well next race coming up and will be a good time is the 25th at Team Maximus Raceway in York Maine. SOS race. I look forward to it and will probably order more power push IB3800's. Thanks tony and sorry I couldnt give better news or results. This is apart of racing.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #550
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tony,
Will you be able to make the first race at "The Gate" next Sunday?? I think you and Bud will be running oval Saturday night!! You better be there!!

Wayne
Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #551
Tech Regular

TTT

Tony , got the package today ......... thanks for the great # 's . I'll try em out this weekend . I hear they get better after 5 runs .

Bob Cates

Last edited by RCsilly; 09-06-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #552
Tech Addict

Tony,
Did you get my e-message?
How is that new batch comming?
-Fred
Old 09-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #553
Tech Regular

Fred ,
Hi , Were you and Andrew running the PP 3800s at the MORL race in Lansing ? Can't wait to try mine . You guys looked fast , what was Jesse running ? He was at Halo last sat and giving Chuck a run .........
see you guys Bob C.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #554
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCsilly
Fred ,
Hi , Were you and Andrew running the PP 3800s at the MORL race in Lansing ? Can't wait to try mine . You guys looked fast , what was Jesse running ? He was at Halo last sat and giving Chuck a run .........
see you guys Bob C.
Hi Bob,
You know it, those power push batteries are killer.
We were basicaly breaking them in at the MORL and now there just awesome.
Jesse is running brand "B" at the moment, but I'm working on him.
He told me all about Halo.
I think Jesse is a rising star. I hope he can keep his focus and put together a good package for this season.
L8r, -Fred

Last edited by knapster; 09-08-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:46 AM   #555
Tech Regular

Tony ,
I got to run the pack for the first (and 2nd ) time this weekend , WOW ,my car had way more pull off the corners and top speed than any other battery I've tried . Very Impressive . Talk to you soon .
Bob