R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #511
Tech Addict
 
RTP motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 700
Default

i run my pacs at least twice a day. they get better after the first run. is also a good idea to equilize before recharging.
just my input
thanks taylor
RTP motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #512
Tech Addict
 
RTP motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 700
Default

about the Thunder on The Planes race. there where about 55 entries. I used the Dark Horse zebra cells. thanks tony
RTP motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #513
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy
Hey guys.

Im wondering whats Tony opnion on the best system to take care of ure batteries in terms of cell longevity.

For 1 to 2 weeks storage its best to left some charge in it?

tray them to 0.7v or discharge tray to 0 volt a few minutes before charge?

How much time between charge and run them? I know they performe better if they go directly from charger to the car, but then the pack gets really hot (heat from+heat from running them)

Thanks in advance!
Best performance is derived from running them straight off the charger. The pack will tend to flatten out as it sits, and repeaking won't even bring it back to "fresh off the charger" performance.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #514
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 540
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Tony,
Andrew and I went out and got some carpet time in so we could start breaking in those IB's. Wow..!
-Fred
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #515
Tech Adept
 
Tony Carrubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Family Owned and Run Since 1988
Posts: 196
Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knapster
Tony,
Andrew and I went out and got some carpet time in so we could start breaking in those IB's. Wow..!
-Fred
I was very glad to help you and your sun.
Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #516
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 308
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys, thx for the feedback!
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #517
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 540
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Step charging,
How does that work?
Does that work?, and is it a better way to charge
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #518
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ib3800

Tony i was at one of my local tracks and was talking to a few guys.. They all run at the gate and i saw some of your cells in action. I couldnt believe the numbers..How do i get in contact with you ?
deedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #519
Tech Addict
 
KE4PJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Columbia,Tn.
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedit
Tony i was at one of my local tracks and was talking to a few guys.. They all run at the gate and i saw some of your cells in action. I couldnt believe the numbers..How do i get in contact with you ?


Excuse the sarcasm, click the link. www.teampowerpush.com
__________________
"If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you" Unknown
"A bad day racing is still better than a good day at work" Me
KE4PJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #520
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Tony,
Those IB's just keep getting better and better, amazing...!
exlor8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #521
sg1
Tech Elite
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,073
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Tony,
The IB's got 6 more runs on them last weekend!! I lost count of all the runs I put on them and they're still strong!! I was in New York for the CRC year end bash and finished 2nd in 19t and 3rd in mod. 1/10 truck. In 1 of the triple "A" mains I went to the 3300's because the IB's had too much punch and the tires would just spin!!

Wayne
__________________
**Team Scream**Parma/PSE**TQ Wire**Roche**Pemberton**BSR**Graupner/GM**SXT**
sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:00 PM   #522
Tech Adept
 
Tony Carrubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Family Owned and Run Since 1988
Posts: 196
Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1
Tony,
The IB's got 6 more runs on them last weekend!! I lost count of all the runs I put on them and they're still strong!! I was in New York for the CRC year end bash and finished 2nd in 19t and 3rd in mod. 1/10 truck. In 1 of the triple "A" mains I went to the 3300's because the IB's had too much punch and the tires would just spin!!

Wayne
Wayne (pay a tention) I told you they get Faster and faster every run. I have had racers race them 7 or 8 times in a day!!! : 3600 flaming: on Dirt and in TC 6 cell .

When you put in the 3300 you had less wheel spin .
how was your avg. lap times?

Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #523
Tech Adept
 
Tony Carrubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Family Owned and Run Since 1988
Posts: 196
Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedit
Tony i was at one of my local tracks and was talking to a few guys.. They all run at the gate and i saw some of your cells in action. I couldnt believe the numbers..How do i get in contact with you ?
Please call me at the shop 440 838 1216 or E mail me
[email protected]
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #524
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New to powerpush and love em

I wanted to let everyone know how well I did with tony's POWERPUSH packs 4 cell 3300's . I run carpet oval 4 cell stock pan cars and SK's at my local short track. Was running SMC's,Fusion,New Wave etc.. Not no more. Currently I am running a point series up in York Maine at Maximus speedway. The last 3 races I was running fairly slow lap times but still managed to win every C main the last two times. The 4th race I went to which was on the 6th not only was I running between 1 to 1.5 secs faster but also advanced me up into the B main when normaly out of 20 something guys I was in the C main. The car was the exact same as before. All I did was add his pack to the car and was able to pull 3rd place out of 6 drivers 2 which were sponsored. No bad for a guy who isnt sponsored at all. The only PROBLEM I have now is I am going alot faster now and the car needs to be tuned/adjusted to the speed. This is no BS I have been racing for 12 years now and I have never been one to come on to a forum and say hey buy these because I run them. I have to say aswell not only is the product awesome but the kind of treatment tony gives has been lost in this business/hobby. You realy can't ask much more than that. Even Judging by the little time I have spoken with him I know he wouldnt sell you something he wouldnt run in a race. I highly recomend these and I will be sure to pass the word onto everyone I know. They will notice for themselves as I pass them by in the main how well these packs realy are.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #525
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
I wanted to let everyone know how well I did with tony's POWERPUSH packs 4 cell 3300's . I run carpet oval 4 cell stock pan cars and SK's at my local short track. Was running SMC's,Fusion,New Wave etc.. Not no more. Currently I am running a point series up in York Maine at Maximus speedway. The last 3 races I was running fairly slow lap times but still managed to win every C main the last two times. The 4th race I went to which was on the 6th not only was I running between 1 to 1.5 secs faster but also advanced me up into the B main when normaly out of 20 something guys I was in the C main. The car was the exact same as before. All I did was add his pack to the car and was able to pull 3rd place out of 6 drivers 2 which were sponsored. No bad for a guy who isnt sponsored at all. The only PROBLEM I have now is I am going alot faster now and the car needs to be tuned/adjusted to the speed. This is no BS I have been racing for 12 years now and I have never been one to come on to a forum and say hey buy these because I run them. I have to say aswell not only is the product awesome but the kind of treatment tony gives has been lost in this business/hobby. You realy can't ask much more than that. Even Judging by the little time I have spoken with him I know he wouldnt sell you something he wouldnt run in a race. I highly recomend these and I will be sure to pass the word onto everyone I know. They will notice for themselves as I pass them by in the main how well these packs realy are.

This is the kinda stuff Tony's customers have said for YEARS!!! He may not be the biggest matcher out there, but he's most definitely the BEST!!
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power Push Batteries pitdad R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 02-26-2005 08:09 AM
Power Push Batteries pitdad R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 02-23-2005 05:56 PM
Power Push Batteries For Sale ground-round R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 02-23-2005 12:30 PM
Power Push batteries are the way to go! L3Jay Oval, Larger Scales and More 0 01-11-2005 07:18 PM
Power push and promatch batteries 4-cell SREAMINMEME R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 12-08-2003 06:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net