R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #511
Tech Addict

i run my pacs at least twice a day. they get better after the first run. is also a good idea to equilize before recharging.
just my input
thanks taylor
RTP motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #512
Tech Addict

about the Thunder on The Planes race. there where about 55 entries. I used the Dark Horse zebra cells. thanks tony
RTP motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy
Hey guys.

Im wondering whats Tony opnion on the best system to take care of ure batteries in terms of cell longevity.

For 1 to 2 weeks storage its best to left some charge in it?

tray them to 0.7v or discharge tray to 0 volt a few minutes before charge?

How much time between charge and run them? I know they performe better if they go directly from charger to the car, but then the pack gets really hot (heat from+heat from running them)

Thanks in advance!
Best performance is derived from running them straight off the charger. The pack will tend to flatten out as it sits, and repeaking won't even bring it back to "fresh off the charger" performance.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #514
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tony,
Andrew and I went out and got some carpet time in so we could start breaking in those IB's. Wow..!
-Fred
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #515
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by knapster
Tony,
Andrew and I went out and got some carpet time in so we could start breaking in those IB's. Wow..!
-Fred
I was very glad to help you and your sun.
Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #516
Tech Regular

Ok guys, thx for the feedback!
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #517
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Step charging,
How does that work?
Does that work?, and is it a better way to charge
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #518
Tech Adept

Default Ib3800

Tony i was at one of my local tracks and was talking to a few guys.. They all run at the gate and i saw some of your cells in action. I couldnt believe the numbers..How do i get in contact with you ?
deedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #519
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedit
Tony i was at one of my local tracks and was talking to a few guys.. They all run at the gate and i saw some of your cells in action. I couldnt believe the numbers..How do i get in contact with you ?

Excuse the sarcasm, click the link. www.teampowerpush.com
Old 08-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #520
Tech Rookie

Tony,
Those IB's just keep getting better and better, amazing...!
exlor8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #521
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tony,
The IB's got 6 more runs on them last weekend!! I lost count of all the runs I put on them and they're still strong!! I was in New York for the CRC year end bash and finished 2nd in 19t and 3rd in mod. 1/10 truck. In 1 of the triple "A" mains I went to the 3300's because the IB's had too much punch and the tires would just spin!!

Wayne
Old 08-14-2005, 07:00 PM   #522
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1
Tony,
The IB's got 6 more runs on them last weekend!! I lost count of all the runs I put on them and they're still strong!! I was in New York for the CRC year end bash and finished 2nd in 19t and 3rd in mod. 1/10 truck. In 1 of the triple "A" mains I went to the 3300's because the IB's had too much punch and the tires would just spin!!

Wayne
Wayne (pay a tention) I told you they get Faster and faster every run. I have had racers race them 7 or 8 times in a day!!! : 3600 flaming: on Dirt and in TC 6 cell .

When you put in the 3300 you had less wheel spin .
how was your avg. lap times?

Tony
Old 08-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #523
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedit
Please call me at the shop 440 838 1216 or E mail me
[email protected]
Old 08-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #524
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New to powerpush and love em

I wanted to let everyone know how well I did with tony's POWERPUSH packs 4 cell 3300's . I run carpet oval 4 cell stock pan cars and SK's at my local short track. Was running SMC's,Fusion,New Wave etc.. Not no more. Currently I am running a point series up in York Maine at Maximus speedway. The last 3 races I was running fairly slow lap times but still managed to win every C main the last two times. The 4th race I went to which was on the 6th not only was I running between 1 to 1.5 secs faster but also advanced me up into the B main when normaly out of 20 something guys I was in the C main. The car was the exact same as before. All I did was add his pack to the car and was able to pull 3rd place out of 6 drivers 2 which were sponsored. No bad for a guy who isnt sponsored at all. The only PROBLEM I have now is I am going alot faster now and the car needs to be tuned/adjusted to the speed. This is no BS I have been racing for 12 years now and I have never been one to come on to a forum and say hey buy these because I run them. I have to say aswell not only is the product awesome but the kind of treatment tony gives has been lost in this business/hobby. You realy can't ask much more than that. Even Judging by the little time I have spoken with him I know he wouldnt sell you something he wouldnt run in a race. I highly recomend these and I will be sure to pass the word onto everyone I know. They will notice for themselves as I pass them by in the main how well these packs realy are.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #525
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
I wanted to let everyone know how well I did with tony's POWERPUSH packs 4 cell 3300's . I run carpet oval 4 cell stock pan cars and SK's at my local short track. Was running SMC's,Fusion,New Wave etc.. Not no more. Currently I am running a point series up in York Maine at Maximus speedway. The last 3 races I was running fairly slow lap times but still managed to win every C main the last two times. The 4th race I went to which was on the 6th not only was I running between 1 to 1.5 secs faster but also advanced me up into the B main when normaly out of 20 something guys I was in the C main. The car was the exact same as before. All I did was add his pack to the car and was able to pull 3rd place out of 6 drivers 2 which were sponsored. No bad for a guy who isnt sponsored at all. The only PROBLEM I have now is I am going alot faster now and the car needs to be tuned/adjusted to the speed. This is no BS I have been racing for 12 years now and I have never been one to come on to a forum and say hey buy these because I run them. I have to say aswell not only is the product awesome but the kind of treatment tony gives has been lost in this business/hobby. You realy can't ask much more than that. Even Judging by the little time I have spoken with him I know he wouldnt sell you something he wouldnt run in a race. I highly recomend these and I will be sure to pass the word onto everyone I know. They will notice for themselves as I pass them by in the main how well these packs realy are.

This is the kinda stuff Tony's customers have said for YEARS!!! He may not be the biggest matcher out there, but he's most definitely the BEST!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote