R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-16-2005, 08:58 PM   #451
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
Hey Tony!

Just wanted to check in and let you know that the packs are still running great! Went to a big trophy race in West Virigina back over Memorial Day weekend. It was my first time at the track, first time ever on asphalt with foam tires, only had 3 minutes of practice, and still won by nearly a lap.

The following week I ran my new car for the first time on carpet, and won by nearly 2 laps! My IB batteries aren't falling off at all during the full 5 minutes. I'm turining some of my best lap times at the end of the race! They run just as fast as your 3300 zebra packs too! Can't go wrong either way.

Mike Great Job
Mike what car and class did you get the trophy?
Mike in your own opinion witch do you like better , Epic, Carrot tops,
or IB 3600? O and the most important thing for what car and class????
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:52 AM   #452
Suspended

Thumbs up

I pretty much run just stock and 19-turn touring car. Right now, I like the IB the best and will race them anytime I get the chance.

However, if they're teching the cars and only allow 3300's, I like the zebra cells. The IB and the Zebras are pretty close, but the IBs seem to stay stronger for longer. (Hey, that rhymes!)

Won the big trophy in Stock Sedan, and right now it's up at the local hobby shop. I plan on winning a couple more in 2 weeks!
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:44 PM   #453
Tech Adept

Tony, Again my Powerpush Epic cells holding on strong. Good enough for TQ and the win in 19t touring at my local track. These batteries are the best I have ever used.

Gary
moveitorloseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #454
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tony,
The Ib3600's ran well again in 1/10 stock truck class. I TQ'ed and won over the weekend. I have 6 runs on them and they're getting stronger!!
Wayne
Old 06-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #455
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Funny, some like the Zebra's some like carrott tops. I like the carrott's the best. Used 'em to take 4th in stock at the FSEARA race in Daytona last weekend.
ground-round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #456
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1
Tony,
The Ib3600's ran well again in 1/10 stock truck class. I TQ'ed and won over the weekend. I have 6 runs on them and they're getting stronger!!
Wayne
Wayne i put 4 cylcles on them befor you got them . Can you make that trippal jump on the last lap?
I realy don't remember how manny packs do you have of the ib 3600?
Tony
Old 06-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #457
Tech Adept

Default IB 3800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground-round
Funny, some like the Zebra's some like carrott tops. I like the carrott's the best. Used 'em to take 4th in stock at the FSEARA race in Daytona last weekend.
Jeff Waite un tile you get the 3800 IB !!! then tell me what you like the best .

Tony
Old 06-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #458
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

Hey Tony, have you got any of the ib3800's available? We're running on the asphalt for our summer points series and mod motors. So I was needing some more runtime. I was going to call you. But i've lost all my phone numbers. Give me a call and let me know on the ib's. Would like to put in an order if you've got some.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #459
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

TONY,.. I GOT 1 WORD FOR YA! WOW! I RAN A PACK OF TONYS IB3800'S THIS WEEKEND IN MOD 7X2 I CANT BELIVE THE RIP OR THE RT WENT 4 MIN+ AND STILL HAD 100 SEC. LEFT ON THE PACK AT 35 WITH A VERY ILL HANDELING CAR TO SAY THE LEAST,.LOL
IF SOMEBODY WOULD OF GOT ME THAT CAR BEFORE THE WEEKEND I WOULD OF BEEN O.K. HINT HINT,.LOL BUT I COULDNT EVEN USE THE POWER TO MUCH WHEEL SPIN.
GREAT CELLS BIG T!!

SEE YA SAT.

FRANK P.
frank p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #460
Tech Rookie

i love these battries
Prinler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:25 AM   #461
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cneyedog

Jeff Flassig (aka ground-round), just wanted to thank you for the use of your "back-up" touring car and 6 cell packs (i dont own any, only 4 cell in oval) this past weekend, I havent raced touring car in about 5 years it was fun to race a different type of car for the first time in a long time...... you da man!.

You are a credit to the power push team ......yada yada yada.......

BTW ....... Slim ! ....... Jeff made the A-main at the Superior Hobbies points race this past weekend and scored a top 5.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #462
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

Hope all of you PowerPush guys had a great 4th of July and made sure not to blow off your trigger or steering fingers Tony give me a call sometime I need to get some prices on the IB's.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:52 AM   #463
Suspended

Thumbs up

Power Push batteries ran great at the West Virginia State Champs. Plenty of punch and HP all weekend, and was able to bring home 3rd in both stock and 19-turn sedan classes.

McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:21 AM   #464
Tech Regular

If you're looking for some new cells, Power Push IB3800s are the only way to go. All I could say during last nights racing was WOW! These are by far the best cells I've ever used. I ran another matchers IB3800 cells during my first two qualifiers, and they were okay. Better than 3300s but nothing to write home about. For my third qualifier, I threw in a pack of Power Push 3800 and nearly crapped myself. I picked up 8 seconds over my second qualifier and ran the fastest lap times that I have ever run on this track layout. I threw another pack of Tony's 3800s in for the 1/12 scale A-main and won it! Again ran super fast laps and the batteries never dropped off. 12.2 second fastest lap and I was still running 12.6 - 12.8 laps on laps 36-38. Amazing!
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #465
Tech Rookie

Default How about a rematch

Tony,

After talking with you over the last month, I have decided that I have probably killed all of my PowerPush batteries. They still run fairly good but I hadn't known all of the techniques listed in this forum. Was wondering if you would be willing to rematch and rebuild my zebra and 3600's using your awesome soldering technique.

I am also going to need two 3800 packs. Man the one you gave me to run three weeks ago was sweet! After loosing a half a second on the start due to sleeping driver on stand, it only took me half a lap to catch the leader. Did I say catch, I meant to say approach so quickly he decided to put me over the boards, because if he let me by he would have never caught me!

Your motor tuner at the Gate,
Gabe

PS. How about giving me a motor that hasn't been through two world wars
insaneriders is offline   Reply With Quote