R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #391
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default STLNLST

What type of racing? Ib love heat !!! TC or Off road.

Give me a call
Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #392
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: STLNLST

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Carrubba
What type of racing? Ib love heat !!! TC or Off road.

Give me a call
Tony
I'll give you a buzz towards the end of the week. All of my batteries will be for mod TC? We are at the start of our outdoor season so these cells will get their share of heat!!!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:07 AM   #393
Tech Adept

Talking

Well letís start out by saying this is my first dealing with Tony @ Team Power Push and Iím VERY HAPPY! I called last week to order a handful of cells to check them out. Upon talking to Tony he asked me about trying the IB 3600ís, which I was VERY hesitant about considering a lot of bad stories I heard about them going flat and/or not lasting long. Well to make a long story short he convinced me to try a couple of the IB 3600ís along with his 3300 packs.

Now do you want to talk about an awesome soldering job, Ohh my are the packs nice! When we talked he said for a few bucks he would assemble the packs and at first I said no thatís ok I do all my own. Then he explained his process and what he used, so I said sure go ahead and put them together for me. The custom made bars he uses are just awesome and make the packs a beautiful fit in my T4.

Well I ordered the packs on last Tuesday and had them by the end of the week, talk about FAST service! Upon opening the packs I almost died when I saw the IBís all had killer numbers, I actually think my lowest cell was 1.198v!

Ok now for the real test went out to the track yesterday for about 5 hours testing. I started by running a handful of 3300 packs and try to make this dang jump that has just been killing me. Usually I can clear it 2/5 times if I stay wide open around a 90 degree turn and hit the jump dead center. If not you end up lading in the middle of a huge table top and scrubbing a second off your time. With my Nitro car or even 19t itís not a problem but with a stocker and some slick dirt it seems close to impossible. Well after a couple hours I threw a 3600 pack in just to see how they would run and OMG! The first pack was FUN, although I had to tune the car a little for the added power. It was really unbelievable the huge difference, I didnít truly expect that much. Well with the 3600 cells I cleared the jump 4/5 times, I actually had enough juice to clear it every time, just need to refine my driving skills

Now I hear these packs go flat and all kinds of other stuff, well all I have to say is Team Power Push must have really figured something out here! I followed Tonyís instructions EXACTLY and had no issues at all. The guys I was running with all were running GP3300ís and they all dumped while I was still clearing the huge double! Usually with my 3300ís Iím pretty hard pressed to make it by the end of a run, if at all. With these dang IB 3600ís the truck just soared!

Needless to say I called Tony up last night when I got home and ordered some more of the IB 3600 packs. If anyone needs some good 3300ís let me know, Iíll have some for sale shortlyÖ

Now I think Vicky just needs to come back to the dirt and show some of these dirt guys how itís done I know Wayne better ďHOLD-ONĒ when he tries some of these IB 3600ís in the Dirt!

Sorry for the long winded post but I was truly amazed and happy with everything I got from Tony at Team Power Push!!!

Ken
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:42 AM   #394
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Tony...
I hope you're ready for the race at the Gate this weekend!!!

Offroad season is just around the corner, and I think the IB cell will be the cell of choice Let me know when they are ready!!

Wayne
Old 04-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #395
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by sg1
I think the IB cell will be the cell of choice
I'll 2nd that 110%, the IB's love that hot, rough, and dirty environment for sure!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:53 AM   #396
Suspended

Big thanks to Tony for the new batteries this weekend.

Never had any problems in the HP department, thanks to his new IB3600s. (Just couldn't quite get the handle on the car. That's OK, I'll be solving THAT problem here in the next couple weeks.)

Power Push batteries were definitely fast!!!!
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #397
Tech Rookie

Tony> Get your dates right
Bud Bartos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #398
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Looking at those Whip pictures brought back a lot of memories. You know that track is still there. I work pretty close to it and every now and then for sh1ts and giggles I'll drive by. The driver's stand is gone as well as every other wooden structure, but the concrete oval is still standing! The weeds are growing over it so badly you can't see much of it unless you try, but if you walk over and scrape away the dirt and weeds, you can see the painted yellow lines! Cool.
ground-round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:04 PM   #399
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitro-Boy
Well letís start out by saying this is my first dealing with Tony @ Team Power Push and Iím VERY HAPPY! I called last week to order a handful of cells to check them out. Upon talking to Tony he asked me about trying the IB 3600ís, which I was VERY hesitant about considering a lot of bad stories I heard about them going flat and/or not lasting long. Well to make a long story short he convinced me to try a couple of the IB 3600ís along with his 3300 packs.

Now do you want to talk about an awesome soldering job, Ohh my are the packs nice! When we talked he said for a few bucks he would assemble the packs and at first I said no thatís ok I do all my own. Then he explained his process and what he used, so I said sure go ahead and put them together for me. The custom made bars he uses are just awesome and make the packs a beautiful fit in my T4.

Well I ordered the packs on last Tuesday and had them by the end of the week, talk about FAST service! Upon opening the packs I almost died when I saw the IBís all had killer numbers, I actually think my lowest cell was 1.198v!

Ok now for the real test went out to the track yesterday for about 5 hours testing. I started by running a handful of 3300 packs and try to make this dang jump that has just been killing me. Usually I can clear it 2/5 times if I stay wide open around a 90 degree turn and hit the jump dead center. If not you end up lading in the middle of a huge table top and scrubbing a second off your time. With my Nitro car or even 19t itís not a problem but with a stocker and some slick dirt it seems close to impossible. Well after a couple hours I threw a 3600 pack in just to see how they would run and OMG! The first pack was FUN, although I had to tune the car a little for the added power. It was really unbelievable the huge difference, I didnít truly expect that much. Well with the 3600 cells I cleared the jump 4/5 times, I actually had enough juice to clear it every time, just need to refine my driving skills

Now I hear these packs go flat and all kinds of other stuff, well all I have to say is Team Power Push must have really figured something out here! I followed Tonyís instructions EXACTLY and had no issues at all. The guys I was running with all were running GP3300ís and they all dumped while I was still clearing the huge double! Usually with my 3300ís Iím pretty hard pressed to make it by the end of a run, if at all. With these dang IB 3600ís the truck just soared!

Needless to say I called Tony up last night when I got home and ordered some more of the IB 3600 packs. If anyone needs some good 3300ís let me know, Iíll have some for sale shortlyÖ

Now I think Vicky just needs to come back to the dirt and show some of these dirt guys how itís done I know Wayne better ďHOLD-ONĒ when he tries some of these IB 3600ís in the Dirt!

Sorry for the long winded post but I was truly amazed and happy with everything I got from Tony at Team Power Push!!!

Ken
Ken WOW!!! Thanks

Thanks first of all Vicky shold run dirt she is very smoth.
2nd wow thanks for the post wow!! Bud , Vicky , Tyre, Don Rice and Dobo could not have said it any better .

Thanks
Tony[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
Old 04-13-2005, 06:30 AM   #400
Tech Fanatic

i got some PowerPush cells the other day and they are some dang good cells, these are by far the best cells i have ever owned, they are well worth the money and more, Thanks Tony for the awesome cells
LosiRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #401
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

Hey Tony,
Just wanted to pop on and say hi. sorry I haven't been posting much but my grandfather's been in and out of the hospital. I heard the NORCAR race this last weekend was an absolute blast. Sorry I missed it. Billy said he had so much fun. Hopefully maybe i can make it up for a race next time Billy goes up to race with you guys. Your batteries are still doing fantastic for me and hopefully I may order some more here soon. But first, I have to get all my expenses in order for 1/8th scale onroad. Then i'll be giving you a buzz. Thanks to you and your family for doing such a great job and always looking out for us racers. You all are a great bunch and i'm so happy to have chosen to run Power Push batteries.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:06 PM   #402
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance72RC
Hey Tony,
Just wanted to pop on and say hi. sorry I haven't been posting much but my grandfather's been in and out of the hospital. I heard the NORCAR race this last weekend was an absolute blast. Sorry I missed it. Billy said he had so much fun. Hopefully maybe i can make it up for a race next time Billy goes up to race with you guys. Your batteries are still doing fantastic for me and hopefully I may order some more here soon. But first, I have to get all my expenses in order for 1/8th scale onroad. Then i'll be giving you a buzz. Thanks to you and your family for doing such a great job and always looking out for us racers. You all are a great bunch and i'm so happy to have chosen to run Power Push batteries.
Lance I hope gramps is ok?

Power Push first and second Jimmy H and Mo and MO running the 3600 IB in TC
Wayne in 12th TQ but I messed up in the main and he was slowwwwwwww....
tony

Last edited by Tony Carrubba; 04-17-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:15 AM   #403
Tech Champion

Took 4th this weekend in 19 turn. Power wasn't a problem.....traction was. I had too much battery and motor for the conditions of the track. Next weekend we will be running on some very high bite asphalt so hopefully I can get me a win with my power push powered car.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:45 AM   #404
Tech Adept

IB3600 update! Ran my four IB3600's this past weekend at the State Race and took 2nd in the A-Main. These cells work great in the dirt! Now I just need to get my driving skills up to par. Funny thing was some of my fastest laps were towards the end of the race, once the driver came around I guess
Old 04-18-2005, 07:52 AM   #405
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitro-Boy
IB3600 update! Ran my four IB3600's this past weekend at the State Race and took 2nd in the A-Main. These cells work great in the dirt! Now I just need to get my driving skills up to par. Funny thing was some of my fastest laps were towards the end of the race, once the driver came around I guess
Congrats. What are you charging these cell at and what cut off are you using? I don't know why I'm asking cause we have to run 3300's for this years Reedy race.