R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #331
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba
Default STLNLST

Is this the first time you are running those Power Push packs ?

Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:26 PM   #332
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: STLNLST

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Carrubba
Is this the first time you are running those Power Push packs ?

Tony
No....I ran them the first weekend that you sent them to me. They have excellent runtime and the voltage is just where I like it. I had a crappy weekend but I had fun and battery power was never an issue. It's asphalt season now so the runtime should only get better. Time to start getting my mind set on the Reedy race.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:57 AM   #333
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

hey Tony, just wondered how the tests were going with the IB3600 cells? Does anyone know if or when they'll be made ROAR legal? Not much going here right now. I tweaked my back at work so haven't raced any this week. But, hoping to run on Sat. if the back is feeling alright.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #334
Tech Adept

Default HOW IS YOUR BACK?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance72RC
hey Tony, just wondered how the tests were going with the IB3600 cells? Does anyone know if or when they'll be made ROAR legal? Not much going here right now. I tweaked my back at work so haven't raced any this week. But, hoping to run on Sat. if the back is feeling alright.
LANCE I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRUE , I have got in a car wreck Saturday My SHO is in bad shape . some Nice guy hit me in the rear on the free way going to get Vicky . My back is hurting my neck (CLICKS) so I know what you are going threw ...

Tony

I love the IB they are great .. I love the volt and the capacity is great
Old 03-20-2005, 08:36 AM   #335
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Mr-Tamiya1 Send a message via AIM to Mr-Tamiya1
Thumbs up IB3600's

Well Power push has done it again! I just picked up my 3600's from Tony thursday night. Ran them friday, and all i can say is OH MY!!! these things are powerful. Now I have heard other people talk not so good about other peoples IB3600's but POWERPUSH has done it again in a big way with these cells! Took me again to a TQ and 1st in the A-main! thanks again Tony.

Jay
PS: I will be calling you today, Oh and I am still fine, didnt wake up sore from the slip on the ICE!!!
Mr-Tamiya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #336
Tech Adept

Default Re: IB3600's

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-Tamiya1
Well Power push has done it again! I just picked up my 3600's from Tony thursday night. Ran them friday, and all i can say is OH MY!!! these things are powerful. Now I have heard other people talk not so good about other peoples IB3600's but POWERPUSH has done it again in a big way with these cells! Took me again to a TQ and 1st in the A-main! thanks again Tony.

Jay
PS: I will be calling you today, Oh and I am still fine, didnt wake up sore from the slip on the ICE!!!
Jay next time ill have George walk you out ..

Ps Yes i know every one is loving the IB they just keep getting faster and longer run time as you run them

Tony
Old 03-20-2005, 09:13 PM   #337
Tech Adept

Default Lance72RC

lance did you run this week end?

Tony
Old 03-21-2005, 05:09 AM   #338
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default 100 lap oval race

Tony,
I heard you and Vicky went to a 100 lap oval race at Classic hobby Friday. There were 2 runs and the total laps were then added up to find the winner. The only driver to run 100 laps both runs was Vicky!!! The power was there from lap 1 to lap 100... over 8 minutes later!!! That's unheard of... her lap times were just as fast as what you would run a normal 4 minute qualifier... but lasted 8 minutes!!! WOW!!!!
Wayne
Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #339
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Tony-I finally ran your IB3600 pack with a stock motor and you do have something good going on with your matching process of the IB cells. I dont know why your capacity is different than others-but they do have more rip than a GP cell up front. Get-em warm and keep-em warm through the charge process and dont let them sit pre-race.

Keep up the good research and development of these cells. I hope they become the main battery after ROAR approval.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #340
Tech Regular

Tony,

You should have hung around after the 1/12 Mod main this week. You would have liked my report on the 3600s. The pack that I ran in the main was on it's second run of the day. My average lap time was 11.6 - 11.7 seconds. Finished less than .10 second shy of 42 laps. My last lap was an 11.4. These batteries held up for the full 8 minutes with no drop off at the end! An 11.4 on the last lap Tony. WOW!
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #341
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy
Tony,

You should have hung around after the 1/12 Mod main this week. You would have liked my report on the 3600s. The pack that I ran in the main was on it's second run of the day. My average lap time was 11.6 - 11.7 seconds. Finished less than .10 second shy of 42 laps. My last lap was an 11.4. These batteries held up for the full 8 minutes with no drop off at the end! An 11.4 on the last lap Tony. WOW!
IB's are the Cats meow in mod arent they?
Old 03-21-2005, 02:09 PM   #342
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
IB's are the Cats meow in mod arent they?
Yes, they're pretty impressive in mod, but I would like to try them in stock next time around. Tony built these packs to be used in the stock class. High voltage and low IR. Mod class is just something the Medveds and I are playing with.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #343
Tech Champion

Default stock tips.

If youll take some advice on them? Dont discharge them after running first time of day. Let them sit with some charge in them.

Right before you are about to charge again-discharge to 0.9 or 5minutes on a tray-then charge back up and try and hit the track with the battery as warm and close to peak as possible.

Run them 2 or 3x a day-one hour apart minimum!!

Tony may disagree-in which case-do what he says-they are his batteries afterall

Ray
Old 03-21-2005, 06:38 PM   #344
Tech Adept

Default stock tips.

Ray I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH YOUR CHARGING METHED WHAT SO EVERE!!! (I DO NOT disagree)

Ether You get a Battery heater or you make the tray heat your packs befor charging .

flaming:

(WARM WARM WARM ) Please don't charge them up above 83 deg or 24 deg above room temp!!!! WARM WARM WARM

Tony
Old 03-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #345
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I bought 2 packs of these Sunday and will try them on thursday.I will go back and do some reading in here for charging and discharging info.And what ever else I need to know.
mike
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote