R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #286
Tech Regular

sounds good.
From what I've heard. Mike, you, brad, me, mo ,kevin, john, dax, hoping switzer shows up as well, with those names, he'll run stock.
brianhackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by brianhackett
sounds good.
From what I've heard. Mike, you, brad, me, mo ,kevin, john, dax, hoping switzer shows up as well, with those names, he'll run stock.
Oughta be a good day.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #288
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Are any of you fellas going to go to Cinicinnati on the 6th? I am aplanning on it-weather permitting. Sunday only.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #289
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Are any of you fellas going to go to Cinicinnati on the 6th? I am aplanning on it-weather permitting. Sunday only.
We might. I'll check with my crowd and let ya know Ray.

I think Waynie should come down to Platinum this weekend. I know how much he loves it there.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 02-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #290
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Cool-more the better. Need to figure out motor and set-up on the F1 for the TCS race in April and also-Mod TC if there enough interest!! Yup-pretty scary I know-me and a mod car.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #291
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

My car isn't fixed from last time I was there!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 05:44 AM   #292
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys, Guys, guys.... Come to Platinum hobbies this weekend, we are holding the TC and 12th scale WORLDS this weekend!!!! Oh yeah, It seems like we hold the WORLDS every weekend there!!!
bshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #293
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I can't to run my power push packs again next weekend. We have had a little lag in our Saturday race program but it's back to having fun next weekend.

Tony- The Reedy race looks to be my next big race so I'll be looking KILLER runtime with some decent voltage....you know your normal packs
Old 02-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #294
Tech Addict

Default Re: Joneser

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Carrubba
Eric I am not perfect like you are , and there are no holes in my hands , Carubanomicks

When are you going to get you other hand operated on ? I am going to need the same operation . I dread it really dread it .

Tony
With no holes in hands.
Tony, it pains me to admit it but i am far from perfect. i had the left hand done yesterday (25th).....alot more pain with this hand but I hope to be racing in a few weeks. If have the problems with your hands (obviously you do based on your typing ) then go to the doctor and have them tested. My hands got pretty bad and you can cause damage. My right hand is definately not 100% yet but all pain and numbness are gone!!!
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #295
Tech Initiate

Tony C.,

Just a quick note say thanks again for the killer batteries! Round One of the Southwest Oval Tour was run yesterday at the Encino Velodrome. I managed to bring home a 19turn limited modified win using one of my own hand wound and tuned motors, fueled by some awesome Power Push batteries. The competition was pretty good and included Nic Case and Larry Ruby.

Out of the entire field, there were four of us who qualified with 22 lap runs, all within 5 seconds of each other. It was a smooth start to the A-main, and I planted my car on Larry Ruby’s back bumper for the first three minutes, until he had a brain fart on the back stretch, got airborne and flipped. I managed to avoid the ensuing carnage (there is no such thing as a minor accident on a 900 foot velodrome!), and I cruised to almost a one lap win.

The most interesting thing was looking at the lap times for the day. We were all starting off with 10.8's and everyone else was finishing with 11.4's. I was finishing with 11.2's and 11.3's. Once again, when voltage is king, Power Push batteries rule!

Thanks Tony C.!

-Mr. Horsepower
Mr.Horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #296
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default IB 3600's

The new IB cells from Power Push are some killer cells. Great voltage with really low internal resistance. And you can run the hell out of them all day long and not lose performance. These things like to be used. Tony and another driver were using them yesterday with great results. Same fast laps from the start of the day to the very end.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #297
Tech Initiate

While running at the Encino Velodrome on Saturday, I ended up pitting next to a stock class driver. We were about the same age and in talking with him we became fast friends. He had a decent car, but his motors were tired and his batteries were typical hobby shop stuff (major mfg. with inflated numbers that still weren't impressive.) I rebuilt one of his stock motors for him during the morning practice, and ran it across the dyno, showing him the power and torque changes, and giving him a gear ratio recommendation (1.6:1 !!!!).

He ran the fresh motor and gear in the first qualifier and turned a clean 17 laps. I loaned him a set of my Power Push 3300 cells which he ran in the second qualifier, on that same stock motor and gear, and turned a clean 18 lap run. That moved him into the #3 qualifying position in stock. Tony's batteries were worth almost 14 seconds (over 1 lap) on the velodrome.

Needless to say, he was estatic. He told me it was the first time he had ever made the stock A-main when running on the velodrome. I loaned him another pack to run in the main. Unfortunately, he destoyed his front end when he t-boned another car, in a turn three crash, but not before turning the same lap times as the eventual winner.

Tony C., I'm sure you will be getting a new customer in the near future! I told him to mention my name. I can't wait to try some of the new IB batteries!

-Mr.Horsepower
Mr.Horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #298
Tech Elite

Quote:
Cool-more the better. Need to figure out motor and set-up on the F1 for the TCS race in April and also-Mod TC if there enough interest!! Yup-pretty scary I know-me and a mod car.
Ray, after careful deliberation amongst the Platinumites, the decision has been made to remain at "the Plat" next weekend. Nobody else wants to travel, and it's the same distance for me either way.

Waynie, Come on!!! Bring it this weekend.
I'm quite sure the BMI SG1 has been restored to its' full glory.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #299
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ian,

Thanks for the battery loan on Sunday. Too bad I couldn't put em to good use with a clean run, but they were definately fast for me in the third heat.

CRCRC club administrator
Kyosho RB6, Kyosho ZX6, Kyosho SC6, Kyosho MP9e TKI
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #300
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Tony Carrubba

Quote:
WAYNE IS OUT OF A JOB. VICKY IS WORKING .
I REALY DON'T NO
Tony
Tony Carrubba is offline   Reply With Quote