R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-05-2005, 05:43 AM   #1456
Tech Regular

Default Running in motors

Hey guys,

Just got my Team Br00d 14x2 Ti and was wondering what is the procedure for running in the XXX brushes, how long for? and if i cut the comm before a final do the brushes need to be re run in again and if so how long for. And how many runs per cut using the XXX Brushes. I am using this motor for offroad

Thanks in advance,
Adam
ADZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 06:51 PM   #1457
Tech Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
got him (bob33)

Brodd now has TQd, track record back and won both A finals in TORC at bedworth in the uk

track records
Brood 1
EA 3
uk tracks only

come on the Brood boy`s
Got some catching up to do then because Team Scream have 7 track records Ian also ran Team Scream brushes in his Br00d C2 at Bedworth! Don asked me if he could have some more of them
Team Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:51 AM   #1458
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Scream
Got some catching up to do then because Team Scream have 7 track records Ian also ran Team Scream brushes in his Br00d C2 at Bedworth! Don asked me if he could have some more of them
bugger we be running out of tracks soon

re;;ian
i`ve been told different But!!!!!!!! i will ask don
coolcanfan man know`s different also Jez
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #1459
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:

name them dude
then i will send the team there
Old 09-06-2005, 06:05 AM   #1460
Tech Elite

Quote:

jez
don been intouch
this is what he said (goodbye your the weakest link)

Chinese whispers or 2+2=5!

You will remember that I tried Teamscreams H bushes a couple of months ago
because Russ had said he used them. We burned then in one run.
I asked him if he had any so I could try them again, he hadn't got any.

In qualifying and the first final we used 767s. In the second final I put in
769 for a little edge as the first final had been pretty close.
I suppose I should be flattered that even if I just ask about something it
makes headlines!
Quite happy for you to copy this as a rebuttal.

home work first , that`s my tip

any way where is eddie0 & the boy`s
Old 09-06-2005, 06:53 AM   #1461
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am looking at outfitting my cars with Team Brood motors and looking for some feedback. I will be racing stock only and consider myself a novice in RC so please be kind

My cars include:

XRay T1FK'05 raced on carpet (on this track)
HPI Pro 4 raced on asphalt & concrete (here is one of the tracks it will be raced on)
RC10T4 raced off-road (here is one of the tracks it will be raced on)
RC10B4 raced off-road (on a smaller, tighter track than the one above)

Here is what I am considering:
A ROAR or P2K2 based motor in the T4
A P2K2 or ROAR based motor in my B4
A Monster Or ROAR in my XRay
A Monster or ROAR in my Pro 4

Any gear info to go along with those motor recommendations would be icing on the cake (my next request will be to ask you to come drive it for me, jk). Your patience and assistance is appreciated!

James

PS. Any freebies or discounts with orders of 4 or more motors
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #1462
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's labor day weekend here, so everyone was out having a good time....

I spent the whole weekend doing this....Saturday I played softball...my team started 0-2.....and pulled off 7 straight wins to do the impossible of winning the tournament, beating the undefeated team in the championship twice...according to the tournament director.....the last time he had seen it happen was over 10 years ago....

Rest of the weekend I spent with my wife shopping for furniture for the new house.....she managed to spend 30 grand in 2 days....women..

Britracer - I would rareley use the blues....only for 4 cell....even green/green is usually too light for 6 cell....butit sometimes works.

GT Racer - I would start with Purple/Purple on a 7 turn....work from there to control brush bounce.

ADZY The XXX brushes need to be fully broken in before you run the motor....they can take up to 7 minutes. We run them at 2 volts and check them every 90 seconds or so to see if they are seated......if its a big race, we cut the comm every run still, but make sure you reseat the brushes which should take 20-30 seconds at 2 volts......at smaller races, you can go 5-10 runs without cutting the comm....the brushes themselves should last 15 runs or more no problem....just toss them if they get too short....

Team Scream - We may only have one record.....but how many do you have in my backyard? Umm....None....just having a presence over their proves the qaulity of our motors.

Jamescam I would get a p2k for your truck, p2k2 for your buggy, for onroad, I would get one monster and one roar.....try them and see which you like better. The ROAR is more RPMish....better for open tracks. Monster works well every where.

As for gearing, its very track specific....find out what the fast guys use in same cars.....and start from there....adjust your gearing until your laps get slower....its a lot of trial an error but its the best way to do it.

On fairly large orders email direct about a discount....

Later EddieO
Old 09-06-2005, 02:24 PM   #1463
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
jez
don been intouch
this is what he said (goodbye your the weakest link)

Chinese whispers or 2+2=5!

You will remember that I tried Teamscreams H bushes a couple of months ago
because Russ had said he used them. We burned then in one run.
I asked him if he had any so I could try them again, he hadn't got any.

In qualifying and the first final we used 767s. In the second final I put in
769 for a little edge as the first final had been pretty close.
I suppose I should be flattered that even if I just ask about something it
makes headlines!
Quite happy for you to copy this as a rebuttal.

home work first , that`s my tip

any way where is eddie0 & the boy`s
You're so funny
Old 09-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #1464
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
It's labor day weekend here, so everyone was out having a good time....

I spent the whole weekend doing this....Saturday I played softball...my team started 0-2.....and pulled off 7 straight wins to do the impossible of winning the tournament, beating the undefeated team in the championship twice...according to the tournament director.....the last time he had seen it happen was over 10 years ago....

Rest of the weekend I spent with my wife shopping for furniture for the new house.....she managed to spend 30 grand in 2 days....women..

Britracer - I would rareley use the blues....only for 4 cell....even green/green is usually too light for 6 cell....butit sometimes works.

GT Racer - I would start with Purple/Purple on a 7 turn....work from there to control brush bounce.

ADZY The XXX brushes need to be fully broken in before you run the motor....they can take up to 7 minutes. We run them at 2 volts and check them every 90 seconds or so to see if they are seated......if its a big race, we cut the comm every run still, but make sure you reseat the brushes which should take 20-30 seconds at 2 volts......at smaller races, you can go 5-10 runs without cutting the comm....the brushes themselves should last 15 runs or more no problem....just toss them if they get too short....

Team Scream - We may only have one record.....but how many do you have in my backyard? Umm....None....just having a presence over their proves the qaulity of our motors.
Jamescam I would get a p2k for your truck, p2k2 for your buggy, for onroad, I would get one monster and one roar.....try them and see which you like better. The ROAR is more RPMish....better for open tracks. Monster works well every where.

As for gearing, its very track specific....find out what the fast guys use in same cars.....and start from there....adjust your gearing until your laps get slower....its a lot of trial an error but its the best way to do it.

On fairly large orders email direct about a discount....

Later EddieO
coudlnt of said it any better, ill be using that
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #1465
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO

Later EddieO
EddieO, I Think you mean quality?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #1466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Heh....I love it when people pick out minor typo's....

Later EddieO
Old 09-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #1467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #1468
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:08 AM   #1469
Tech Elite

Old 09-07-2005, 01:09 AM   #1470
Tech Elite

Oh i forgot
JEZ
keep it up mate your going in the right direction