R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 08-06-2005, 02:37 AM   #1351
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Website is a few days from launch.....I know its been a long time, but it will finally hit here very very soon.

Later EddieO
Old 08-06-2005, 04:25 AM   #1352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Website is a few days from launch.....I know its been a long time, but it will finally hit here very very soon.

Later EddieO

Whooooo Hoooooooo

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #1353
Tech Regular

Hi Eddie,

I have three of your tuned motors and i am having some problems getting enough speed and punch from them. They are:

8*1 Tosolini Edition V2
7*2 and 7*1 Cobalt with P94 (XXX Brushes)
7*1 Cobalt with the standard stand up type XX Brush

The track i run on is about 50*40M rectangle. The cars i have are LCG/BD/415MS and the Evo 4. Batteries are SMC IB3800 and Team Orion 3700.

Is there something that i should be doing or am not doing right? I have tried ratios from 8.9 - 7.9 at one point on all the above but i am just not getting enough zip and they really feel mild.

Hope u can shed some light on this

Thanks

Quote:

Later EddieO
viper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #1354
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:

Later EddieO
Define "very very".

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #1355
Tech Elite

The site completely exsists at this point.....if we wanted we could go live with just paypal.....however, I want to do Credit Cards on their own, so we just need the merchant stuff setup. I sent off all the paperwork yesterday.....my web guy should have it setup next week if all goes right (knock on wood!)....

So more than likely live in the next 10 days.....

Later EddieO
Old 08-06-2005, 12:02 PM   #1356
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Then, whooooooo hoooooooo!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #1357
Tech Elite

Why not go live with paypal?
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #1358
Tech Elite

From my understanding, we would have to pull the site down and reconfigure it to add the credit cards......last thing I wanna do is put it up, only to have to pull it down a few days later.....

Viper1, could you give me some more specifics like what timing you are running, etc....

Later EddieO
Old 08-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #1359
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

I cant wait until the site is up. It is going to be like Christmas
Old 08-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #1360
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1
Hi Eddie,

I have three of your tuned motors and i am having some problems getting enough speed and punch from them. They are:

8*1 Tosolini Edition V2
7*2 and 7*1 Cobalt with P94 (XXX Brushes)
7*1 Cobalt with the standard stand up type XX Brush

The track i run on is about 50*40M rectangle. The cars i have are LCG/BD/415MS and the Evo 4. Batteries are SMC IB3800 and Team Orion 3700.

Is there something that i should be doing or am not doing right? I have tried ratios from 8.9 - 7.9 at one point on all the above but i am just not getting enough zip and they really feel mild.

Hope u can shed some light on this

Thanks
I run my 8 turn around 9.0 so a 7 would be anywhere between 9.0-9.4 depending on track layout and timing. You might be slightly over geared if you're lacking overall rip.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #1361
Tech Regular

Quote:
From my understanding, we would have to pull the site down and reconfigure it to add the credit cards......last thing I wanna do is put it up, only to have to pull it down a few days later.....

Viper1, could you give me some more specifics like what timing you are running, etc....

Later EddieO
Hi Eddie O,

The timing i guidelines i normally run is the one that came set when the motor arrived from you.The timing rule of thumb i use is about 8A draw at 3.6 volts after the first few runs and comm cuts.

Track is approximately 165 feet (50 Meters) and the long straights are a little longer taking into consideration a sweeper. I tried the gearing it at 9(8*2) but the motor was really slow and mild.I can hear the motor screaming half way through the long straight and the pitch stayed till the end, plus it over heated on me. I used the 8.3 ratio and the motor was a little better but still lacked speed and RIP. However the 8.3 ratio did not yeild any motor over heating.

I hope i can learn some things from u regarding this motor cause i seriously beileve that i am not doing somthing correct.Do let me know what else u need?

Regards

Viper
Old 08-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #1362
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I run my 8 turn around 9.0 so a 7 would be anywhere between 9.0-9.4 depending on track layout and timing. You might be slightly over geared if you're lacking overall rip.
Hi STLNST,

Thanks for the guide, i set that up as my initial settings but i was reaching top speed to early in the long straight and the motor was overheating at about 2mins into a run. The long straight is about 50M or 160feet before entering a sweeper which would make the long straight with the sweeper about 200ft or so.

Would 9 be still the correct ratio?

Thank you in advance for all the advice and assistance

Regards
Old 08-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #1363
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1
Hi STLNST,

Thanks for the guide, i set that up as my initial settings but i was reaching top speed to early in the long straight and the motor was overheating at about 2mins into a run. The long straight is about 50M or 160feet before entering a sweeper which would make the long straight with the sweeper about 200ft or so.

Would 9 be still the correct ratio?

Thank you in advance for all the advice and assistance

Regards
You can try it out in practice and see how the rip is then once you're happy with the rip pull off after two min and check things out then it it's all okay go back out and run a little more. You can also adjust your timing too.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #1364
Tech Elite

Team drivers and dealers...... Please email [email protected] to get your account setup for the new dealer/team driver website.....

Website for customers is just a few days away from launching.

Later EddieO
Old 08-09-2005, 07:38 AM   #1365
Tech Champion

Email sent. Team Br00d will be at the West Coast Shootout this weekend in Fairfield ,Ca