R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-09-2005, 01:09 AM   #1111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

alright eddie let me know, i just ran out of copper on my good motor so i need a new one and it has to be FAST! because i race some top guys and we all use nothing but the best and herd br00d is one of the best so ill give your motors a look and if i like them ill be sure to get more this summer when the big races are run
Old 05-09-2005, 03:09 AM   #1112
Tech Initiate

Question Time

Hi Mr Eddieo

Just three quick questions

Q1 A question you must of been asked many times before but what brushes do you use in your 27T monster pro and binary motors.

Q2 We change our brushes every 4/5 runs, we also know that brush spring become weeker due to the heat they encounter so how often should we change brush springs.

Q3 Do you recommend using Tribo.

All these questions, but it's only that we what to keep our br00d motors running in the same excellent condition they were when we received them from you.

Many thanks

Blue
blueskieshlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #1113
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Most stocks that come out of br00d are either made with 4499 or 767 brushes. Lately, its been 4499, but some of the stuff CS racing ordered was done with 767 brushes....

Well, at a big race, I recheck the springs every race. It is true that the springs can fatigue because of the heat. The best way to check your springs is with a Fiddlestick.....a tool I carry, that colin should order!

Tribo is a solid comm drop....you won't see any performance gains on a dyno.....testing comm drops with a dyno is retarded. The only way to test them is 5 minutes on the track. At paved nats, where it was hot....we used it on all the motors. My guys placed 2nd and 3rd in the stock class. In cooler enviroments or indoor events, we typically run the motors dry. Peter Robinson just won stock nationals in march, with none.

Later EddieO
Old 05-09-2005, 10:16 AM   #1114
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Most stocks that come out of br00d are either made with 4499 or 767 brushes. Lately, its been 4499, but some of the stuff CS racing ordered was done with 767 brushes....
Why is that? Shouldnt the Putnam brushes be way more better than especially the Trins?
jarkkom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #1115
Tech Elite

The putnams are good, but not as universal as the 767 or the 4499.

Plus, they are much harder to get....Putnam being a small company kinda gets shoved to the back of the line by the big companies when it comes to getting brushes made by Kirkwood.....

Later EddieO
Old 05-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #1116
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO

Well, at a big race, I recheck the springs every race. It is true that the springs can fatigue because of the heat. The best way to check your springs is with a Fiddlestick.....a tool I carry, that colin should order!

Tribo is a solid comm drop....you won't see any performance gains on a dyno.....testing comm drops with a dyno is retarded. The only way to test them is 5 minutes on the track. At paved nats, where it was hot....we used it on all the motors. My guys placed 2nd and 3rd in the stock class. In cooler enviroments or indoor events, we typically run the motors dry. Peter Robinson just won stock nationals in march, with none.

Later EddieO
Hi EddieO,

I have two of your 8*2 5mm web armatures (7.5MM).I am going to use them in a V2 based can and endbell. What recomendations can u give me in terms of brushes and springs.I have placed one in the new yokomo T6 can with the alluminium endbell.I am also using the hi-silver plutonium reedy brushes.Is that something u have tested on and can give me some advice on.

The track has a good 40M plus long straights and is basically high speed. Can u help to give me a good starting timing and ratio.

Thanks a million
viper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:23 AM   #1117
Tech Elite

In the V2 can, I would use the Hard Springs with Sprint Brushes..probably start with about 12 degrees of timing....and work from there.

As for the Yokomo can, we have not used these much. The Reedy brushes are good, just expensive....not really sure if they are any better than the XXX brush or the CS brush.

I would start out at about 12 degrees of timing, maybe up to 14 witht the Reedy brushes....for springs, I would probably use Purple/Purple (or the equal from another company).

Timing should be adjusted for the track. More timing will give more punch out of the corners, but less run time......less timing will give you more top end, less punch, and more run time.

Springs should be adjusted to the track also....if the track is really wide open you might be able to use a softer spring, but just don't go too soft, as brush bounce is BAD. It's always better to over spring....

Later EddieO
Old 05-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #1118
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Eddie, what would you say about the MR brushes in one of your V2 motors? i heard they work well on low turn mods but not sure what tuners think about them.

i am running on a large tarmac track..and a mediumish track

what do your 8x2s come with as standard?
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #1119
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

sprints .hard springs
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #1120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

any word on better batch of f-brushes?

eddie, send me a pm when you find out if you have a binary, if you dont ill probably still get a monster off you.
are your blueprinted motors garenteed to be better then your pros?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #1121
Tech Fanatic

Eddie,

I will be running stock 4 cell oval,at the norcca nats in a couple of weeks.huge track 360 ft+ runline,what kinda set up do you recommend for a monster.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #1122
Tech Elite

The MR springs work good on big tracks in hot conditions......springs really come down to trying stuff to see what works best.

Hyper1, I've always liked the putnam brushes for oval motors....I usually shave a little off the brushes trailing edge (just a bit) to remove resistance in the circuit.

As for springs, I kinda cheat.....I find out what the fast guys are running in oval and start there....and will work my way down to the softest spring I can run without getting any brush bounce (BAD!). Red/Green is pretty neutral for most tracks if you are having troubles finding info.

Later EddieO
Old 05-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #1123
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

Eddie, thanks.

but, i noticed you mentioned filing a bit of the trailing edge....i have heard mixed thoughts about this.

some people say don't file anything, some say file trailing, some say file leading but i am totally confused.

surely filing the leading will retard the timing where as filing the trailing will advance it.

what are your thoughts?
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #1124
Tech Elite

I rarely file just one edge....

First, never file just the leading edge....thats retarded (both ways).

I only file to reduce rolling resistance and arcing......I don't believe it actually advances the timing.

On a club level, don't even bother....

Later EddieO
Old 05-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #1125
Tech Elite

GP3700 packs are IN STOCK!

Very limited supply!

1.170-1.175 6 cell 440+ runtime $50
1.176-1.179 6 cell 440+ runtime $54
1.180-1.183 6 cell 450+ runtime $60
1.184-1.185 6 cell 450+ runtime $62
1.186-1.188 6 cell 450+ runtime $64

My cells just come in baggies right now, but you get 5 battery bars at no additional charge.

Shipping is $5 FLAT rate in the US!

Later EddieO