R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-26-2005, 01:17 AM   #1051
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

eddie0
Q) how do you gear a mod for a certain track, ran the 7x1 that a driver said weren`t that good (to slow).
i tried it at 7.8 burn`t the comm & brushe`s didn`t dump with 33`s (very close though), then spoke to a regular mod driver he gears it so it screams top speed from 3/4 onwards down straight
mine did not do this @7.8 so of i go to 8.7 (2 teeth drop on fk05)
come sout of the corners like nothing else (real fast ) but tops out 3/4 down straight , it still burnt the comm & brushes r/time was slightly worse running at 8.7 then 7.8

so which wat do i go lower or higher

i don`t do mod this is a new market to break into for me

had a race with a aldershot regular he had 8x1 reinhard 37`s batts he had very slightly better top end at the start of race i had the speed at the end we were split by .2s at finish
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:30 AM   #1052
Tech Addict

Default JOLLY

i could help you out, sounds like you dont have enough spring tension , the gearing should be around 8.8 -9.0 ...on a five mill
blank with 2-3mm of timing , this is what greg hodapp ran at the
K.O. grand prix last summer it was sick fast , hara ran the same setup.... if you could gage the tamiya america track by your track you should be right there...sound like you got a big track...
V2 or what ? if your running anything lawdown run quasars 180 degree spring .....V2 5.4 or 5.6 spring ....good luck
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 AM   #1053
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

we in the uk are spoilt rotten with big tracks
it`s a v2 br00d ,it is running with hard springs & sprint brushe`s (not edge ones) just normal

i`m not a mod guy first time competeive wise for many years
give me a 27t stock no probs
but this mod lark is a eye opener though
aldershot track has around a 70-80 meter straight goes into a banked sweeper to hairpin
Old 04-26-2005, 07:45 AM   #1054
Tech Addict

45 metre straight Mr Jolly
Sleighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #1055
Tech Regular

Default leman xxx

Eddie0 with all the talk about the leman xxx brush what is your take on this brush.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #1056
Tech Elite

sleighty
i go fishing to much `it was this big` measurements not my strong point
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #1057
Tech Addict

hehe no worries mate
Sleighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #1058
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MR JOLLY
we in the uk are spoilt rotten with big tracks
it`s a v2 br00d ,it is running with hard springs & sprint brushe`s (not edge ones) just normal

i`m not a mod guy first time competeive wise for many years
give me a 27t stock no probs
but this mod lark is a eye opener though
aldershot track has around a 70-80 meter straight goes into a banked sweeper to hairpin

try the edge sprints same spring rate , adjust the timing at one volt, amp draw should not exceed 8.5-9 amps....were ever the timing lands is were the comm and brushes are not arching.... the
arching and the round sprints are some of the problems...the edge sprint is a different compond (more silver) way faster
Old 04-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #1059
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

aint edge and sprints the same?

Just the flat spots on the face thats different, im sure
Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:27 PM   #1060
Tech Adept

How do you tune motors? What si a good things to do to your motor befor races and after them? I am runign a team brood stock motor
rcracer333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 PM   #1061
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to karter

Quote:
Originally posted by rcracer333
How do you tune motors? What si a good things to do to your motor befor races and after them? I am runign a team brood stock motor
I am still not the best with elec motors but here is some stuff to do. Not after every run specailly if its just club racing but every 3-5 runs I'd say take your motor apart and cut the comm on a comm lathe. Then clean the endbell and can using motor spray. If the brushes still have there serrations you can still use them but if the serrations are gone you will want to replace those. Then oil the bushings. Put the arm back in the can. Assemble that. Then put the brushes back on either your used or new ones. Then break in the Motor for 300 seconds or until brushes are seated on the comm.
This is a pretty quick explanation I think. But hopefully I am pretty close there.
Josh
karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:08 AM   #1062
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Scho
aint edge and sprints the same?

Just the flat spots on the face thats different, im sure
no there are two kinds the (OLD round) and the new edge with the new compond.....the other edge brush is the (enduro) copper
shunt brush
Old 04-28-2005, 12:12 AM   #1063
Tech Addict

Quote:

if your running touring cut it every run put the heaviest spring on both sides try 767 brush....offroad red springs (trinity) 767 brush.
dont ever ever over gear a stock moter the magnets will suffer...
Old 04-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #1064
Tech Adept

I am alreday doing all of that but like i was wondering if there is a way i can get it to run any faster than it is now. I dont think it runing as fast as it could
rcracer333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #1065
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I am alreday doing all of that but like i was wondering if there is a way i can get it to run any faster than it is now. I dont think it runing as fast as it could
Luke,

I can show you how to tune a stock motor and such. Just come over to my pit next time and I'll show you. Is this the motor Eddie gave you last year?

Dom