R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #4396
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Eddio0

Can you answer this one?

What sort of rpm figures do the ATLAS Blue motors produce?

Kevin
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #4397
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I am gonna plead the I don't remember anymore! It's been so long since I built one myself, let alone since I even think we sold one.

I do remember that they produced less RPM than the C2 did at the time....wasn't a ton less, but it was a good 2-3 tooth difference in touring car.

Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #4398
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
I am gonna plead the I don't remember anymore! It's been so long since I built one myself, let alone since I even think we sold one.

I do remember that they produced less RPM than the C2 did at the time....wasn't a ton less, but it was a good 2-3 tooth difference in touring car.

Later EddieO
I'll plead I don't and have never had a 19T motor, what sort of RPM does a C2 produce.

I guess .. moving from 27T to 19T stock .. how much more RPM do 19T motors produce than 27's

Which 19T Brushed would you recommend to take on the new Super Stock Class
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #4399
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Well, depending on the dyno, a C2 was usually 4-6k more RPM.....a good C2 was 170 watts or so, while the best stocks (monsters at the time) were high 120s to low 130s....

If yer buying a 19t now, the KD-19 is the best out there......

Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #4400
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #4401
Tech Addict
 
RyyRyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Hey I've tried emailing brood about doing some motor service, I'm back running brushed again but no longer have my lathe... do you guys do any service?
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #4402
Tech Adept
 
russman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 197
Default

Is there an estimate on when order 3907 will ship? I'm jonesing to get my 1/12th scale back on the track.
__________________
Team Shockwave

IRS Rug Rat -- RC12R5.1 -- Losi Mini-T
russman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #4403
Tech Elite
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,642
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyyRyy View Post
Hey I've tried emailing brood about doing some motor service, I'm back running brushed again but no longer have my lathe... do you guys do any service?
yea, if you want to send me some stuff i can cut it for you and freshen it up... i get a lot of spam mail and sometimes its hard to pick out real emails, email me at [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by russman7 View Post
Is there an estimate on when order 3907 will ship? I'm jonesing to get my 1/12th scale back on the track.
should send out tomorrow, i have another job and do brood in my spare time, turnaround isnt the fastest but i try my best...
__________________
Team fun-Www.rc-trim.com-Team Speedmerchant-Team Orca-Team Br00d
flameoutgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #4404
Tech Adept
 
russman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett View Post
should send out tomorrow, i have another job and do brood in my spare time, turnaround isnt the fastest but i try my best...
No worries, that's fine with me. Your motors are the best, so it's worth the wait. Just getting anxious.

So, for 1/12th scale, do you recommend the Stockstar or the CO27? Still haven't gotten a clear answer. I'm used to the CO27, but I've heard good and bad about the StockStar and am intrigued by it's design. I've heard the RPM is higher than the CO27. Also, do your StockStar's receive the same treatment as your other blueprinted motors?

As a side note, you might want to consider adding guide to your site to help guide people through the mirade of choices with stock motors. Basically describe the typical characteristics compared to one another.
__________________
Team Shockwave

IRS Rug Rat -- RC12R5.1 -- Losi Mini-T
russman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #4405
Tech Elite
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,642
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russman7 View Post
No worries, that's fine with me. Your motors are the best, so it's worth the wait. Just getting anxious.

So, for 1/12th scale, do you recommend the Stockstar or the CO27? Still haven't gotten a clear answer. I'm used to the CO27, but I've heard good and bad about the StockStar and am intrigued by it's design. I've heard the RPM is higher than the CO27. Also, do your StockStar's receive the same treatment as your other blueprinted motors?

As a side note, you might want to consider adding guide to your site to help guide people through the mirade of choices with stock motors. Basically describe the typical characteristics compared to one another.
i personally like the CO27, i know how to make them fast for 1/12th, ive only used the stockstar a couple times and i dont have any different brushes or springs (stock anyways) to try anything different....
the stockstar gets a cut and shim and the usual stuff, just dont really have any tuning options, ie brushes and springs... nothin like the co27

i will try to make up a little guide on the site, time is a little tight for me... i work some weird hours and have to get to brood before and after work, we got some stuff in the works so it looks like i might have to cut down on my other job....OR not sleep lol
__________________
Team fun-Www.rc-trim.com-Team Speedmerchant-Team Orca-Team Br00d
flameoutgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #4406
Tech Addict
 
RyyRyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett View Post
yea, if you want to send me some stuff i can cut it for you and freshen it up... i get a lot of spam mail and sometimes its hard to pick out real emails, email me at [email protected]


Thanks, will do!!
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #4407
Tech Addict
 
RyyRyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Hey are you guys breaking-in checkpoint motors like they recomend (2min. @ 1.5 volts) or are you doin them differently?
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #4408
Tech Elite
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,642
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyyRyy View Post
Hey are you guys breaking-in checkpoint motors like they recomend (2min. @ 1.5 volts) or are you doin them differently?
ive got my own little break in for the checkpoints, there always fast and always good.... 1v for 10 min... on new infinity brushes....
__________________
Team fun-Www.rc-trim.com-Team Speedmerchant-Team Orca-Team Br00d
flameoutgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #4409
Tech Addict
 
RyyRyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Hey do the Ener-G 4600 Sport Packs have individual number labels on them or are they just stray cells?
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #4410
Tech Elite
 
flameoutgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Srcr Seattle, Wa
Posts: 3,642
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyyRyy View Post
Hey do the Ener-G 4600 Sport Packs have individual number labels on them or are they just stray cells?
the sport packs have the matched labels, they are just our leftover cells we have a hard time making packs out of...we still have some cells i can make some packs out of i just have to get to doin it and get them on the site, there needs to be a few more hours in a day lol
__________________
Team fun-Www.rc-trim.com-Team Speedmerchant-Team Orca-Team Br00d
flameoutgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Team Br00d! or8ital Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2006 06:50 PM
electric motors. stock and 19t. br00d/nexus fjm9898 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 06-27-2006 01:50 PM
Motors - Br00d EA Checkpoint Putnam BritRacer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-13-2006 06:03 PM
Mike Dumas to run Team Br00d Motors and Batteries peter_robinson Electric On-Road 1 11-03-2005 06:03 PM
NEW Team br00d Armature and motors for sale UnderDaHill R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-10-2005 12:04 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net